Cadillac ATS-V - Twin Turbo V6 - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS-V - Twin Turbo V6 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by rand49er I bet the difference becomes vanishingly small very soon. More because even BMW can't build a ...
    0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Cadillac ATS-V - Twin Turbo V6

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I bet the difference becomes vanishingly small very soon.
    More because even BMW can't build a 3-series like they used to.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Not even BMW is exempt from the wrath of the bean-counter.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Not even BMW is exempt from the wrath of the bean-counter.
    I think it's because BMW and Mercedes are too busy concentrating on what each other is doing

And that silly Audi company has the nerve to interfere.

Audi's been very sucessfull recently, but I'm not convinced that BMW or Mercedes are quite ready to get over themselves just yet. Audi's line hasen't had clearly defined roles for a while, so I'm not sure they feel it's necessary to directly respond just yet. More-so when they're refusing to import their performance models and are inconsistiant with top tier models as well (ie- C6 RS6 and the on/off nature of the RS4..)

by the time BMW has tried to win over Mercedes customers, and Mercedes has tried to win over BMW customers, and Audi is try to grab a little bit of both-- they've all made basicly the same car.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Yeah, but you've still rags like Car & Driver who live in the past and don't give Outties (or anything else) a chance in their comparos against a car with a BMW emblem on it. Every time I see a 3-Series vs XXX on their cover, I laugh ... it's such a joke!

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of selling my DD ('04 X-Type, 2.5L, 5-spd man, 88k miles) and depositing the roughly $7k in my "mod account" to save for the ATS-V. Will have to drive my wife's old car ('04 Buick Rainier) as a DD. Darn thing won't fit in the third bay of our garage. Not looking forward to scraping ice/snow off every morning, but it's getting me closer to the new V ... V6TT or LS42, I don't care.
    M5eater and M5eater like this.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

agreed, it's like a broken record when they talk about the 3 series, a hideous, annoying, mywayorthehighway broken record..

Especially even as they criticize the steering and body roll, and still proclaim it the golden child. I am convinced BMW is the majority shareholder in the "big 3" car rags.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

BMW can build whatever they desire. They're simply looking for more sales right now. Hard core driving enthusiasts account for a very small percentage of buyers. Right now BMW is looking to salvage a few of the hard core driving enthusiasts but at the same time attract everyone else. If they come back with the next generation of vehicles geared a little more toward driving enthusiasts - they'll likely be able to retain most of their new customers while re-attracting a decent sized portion of the old ones. It's a plan that may work or may not work. Everything you do is a risk. If BMW stuck to firm vehicles with cold, hard German-like interiors - they'd have left a lot of sales on the table. While everyone is going crazy to sell, sell, sell - BMW is responding by building cars that more people will buy. But nobody wants to see it that way on the internet. It's like everyone wants to be the first one to say, "Fail".

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    More because even BMW can't build a 3-series like they used to.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Hard core driving enthusiasts account for a very small percentage of buyers.
    Quite so. They cannot afford to be the manufacturer of niche cars anymore. No one can. Look at Porsche.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

Quite so. They cannot afford to be the manufacturer of niche cars anymore. No one can. Look at Porsche.
    That's sort of inevitable in a different way though, Porsche also needs new content because of rising fuel costs. I'm all for them building different cars anyway though, I never understood these people that believe they should only ever make the 911 in a billion different ways.
    rand49er and rand49er like this.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    ... I never understood these people that believe they should only ever make the 911 in a billion different ways.
    Every little perturbation of which is written about ad nauseum in the rags.

I think it was the last C&D issue that talked about a nine-year-old Mercedes and how that owning one was to risk major expenditures. My wife's old Buick Rainier is no MB, but at nearly eight years old and with 140k miles on it, the only problem we've had is a thermostat that seems to open slowly but hasn't been changed yet. Gimme a domestic car any day.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I take comfort in the fact that in 4-5 years, when I have engine problems, it will be an old school pushrod v8 that will be cheap to fix. Unlike the gee-whiz engines found in all european cars now.

I take comfort in the fact that in 4-5 years, when I have engine problems, it will be an old school pushrod v8 that will be cheap to fix. Unlike the gee-whiz engines found in all european cars now.
    amen to that. how many engines can claim 100,000,000 units?

I was watching the motorweek review of the Toureg Hybrid. They were going on and on about all the amazing technology packed into the car. And I thought "God help the poor sap who has to have that thing fixed out of warranty"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.