Cadillac ATS-V On the Way, Will Get Twin-Turbocharged V-6 - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS-V On the Way, Will Get Twin-Turbocharged V-6 in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; That's what logic says- Motor Trend or Consumer Reports saying that it's noisier than X competitor says otherwise, and no ...
    The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: Cadillac ATS-V On the Way, Will Get Twin-Turbocharged V-6

That's what logic says- Motor Trend or Consumer Reports saying that it's noisier than X competitor says otherwise, and no manufacturer wants to be the first one to blink and be labeled a rattletrap by the car rags.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

When it comes to sports cars, a loud interior is probably fine. It's just when they start making them for luxury companies that this becomes a problem. Maybe they could offer two versions. Maybe more sound deadening on a version that costs more.. I don't know.. But weight does need to come down across the board. Everyone is complaining about the 3-Series lately.. So Cadillac is not alone..

In regards to fuel usage - the 335i gets 30 miles per gallon as an average. I can't say if that's happening for every 335i owner but those that I'm familiar with do...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Something has to give. The federal government says 35mpg. No one, not consumers, not dealers, not manufacturers can ignore it. One way or another it WILL happen. You are only going to get so many Watts/Horsepower per gallon of gasoline. So, either a new energy source has to be implemented, or weight has to go down. I am for the latter. Improves efficiency and even more important to me, handling. Sound deadening is only a small part of the weight of a car, but all those little parts add up. My Camaro is an overweight pig. It's as quiet as my Enclave, and it doesn't need to be. They could trim some weight by removing the dynamat and making the glass thinner. Just my random thoughts for the day.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I am interested in the ATS-V. If it's a NA V8. No V6, no FI, and it better have three pedals. Hear me Cadillac?
    I'd wager you'd be interested based on your criteria.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    When it comes to sports cars, a loud interior is probably fine. It's just when they start making them for luxury companies that this becomes a problem. Maybe they could offer two versions. Maybe more sound deadening on a version that costs more.. I don't know.. But weight does need to come down across the board. Everyone is complaining about the 3-Series lately.. So Cadillac is not alone..

In regards to fuel usage - the 335i gets 30 miles per gallon as an average. I can't say if that's happening for every 335i owner but those that I'm familiar with do...
    It isn't noise that drives up cost. It's features. The ATS has tons and tons of features, each with their own ECU and wiring, etc... Plus you've got things GM is working on for fuel economy (these are generic technologies and not ATS specific), like Aero Shutters, Electronic Assisted (instead of vacuum assisted) Brakes, Electronic Power Steering, etc...

These things add weight and complexity. The car is over-packaged (in my opinion) as is, and I think they are STILL adding features to it. Obviously some of those features won't be here for MY1, but for MY2 or even MY3.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0AT E03 View Post
    I'd wager you'd be interested based on your criteria.
    As long as it's not too expensive. ATS will probably hit the market in late 2012 they say. It would be reasonable to assume the ATS-V a year later. By early 2015, I should be able to pick up a nice low mileage ATS-V for 70% or so.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.