The Cadillac ATS-V is my next Cadillac.. Is it yours? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: What will it take to get you into a Cadillac ATS-V?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • V6 with forced induction

10 29.41%
  • V8 with forced induction

15 44.12%
  • V6 or V8 without forced induction

7 20.59%
  • Other (please specify in a reply)

2 5.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, The Cadillac ATS-V is my next Cadillac.. Is it yours? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I would prefer the V8 engine yet I would really really like a dual clutch transmission. That would seal the ...
    JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

Re: The Cadillac ATS-V is my next Cadillac.. Is it yours?

I would prefer the V8 engine yet I would really really like a dual clutch transmission. That would seal the deal for me. I'm sure it won't happen but thats what I want...

I'd even take a MCT Mercedes type planetary transmission without a torque convertor. Doubt that would ever happen either...but thats what I would want.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

1st choice: 3.6L V6, DI, TT, VVT, 400+ hp, MT.

2nd choice: 4.5-5.0L V8, 4V, DI, FI (SC), VVT, 450+ hp, MT.

Oh, kick-butt interior, and the exterior has to be appropriately styled befitting of the motor.

AWD would be a plus.

Please: nothing over 3,500 lbs, too.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I know this will be old hat once the little V debuts, but the interior alone has my interest piqued.

http://www.insideline.com/mercedes-b...auto-show.html

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

The ATS-V main rival is the BMW M3 and Audi RS 5 and the C63 Mercedes. All are priced in the middle $70 to $80K range now. I been looking at them for a while and concluded that I do not need the extra horsepower for my drive. It like a rocket ship take off. Plus, the maintenance on them is huge! I settle for a 0-60 in 5 seconds and save $20K. Plus, two of them cannot be driven in the winter. I know they say it can be with snow tires; but you take to the owners; not the sales people and they do not recommend it - so it just adds to the limitations without AWD.

I am looking for a luxury sports car that can be driven year around; that I will not have to shell out $5K-$10K a year for maintenance and that is comfortable drive. Most owners that I take with at rallies and bump into at dealerships while their car is service - said owning those above are an expensive hobby. The Audi RS 5 is coming in mid-summer for $85K! Ouch!

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

I assume the ATS V will price out at 50 grand tops..and its running costs will be minimal...(just like a corvette or CTS V)

Gonna be worth waiting for..

IMO

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I am crossing my fingers that it uses the same formula as the first gen CTS-V; (relatively) light, NA LSx power (LS3 would be most excellent), keep ancillary costs to a minimum. If so, it will be much more desirable than any M car (with their inherently high maintenance costs)

mak36 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

ATS-V sedan w/ Gen V LS3 and AWD in Black Diamond. The car would be my daily driver and as I live in MN, the AWD would be really nice to have.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Could it get the 5.5L engine they have developed for the Corvette racing program? That would be sweet!

The 5.5L racing engine is basically an LS7 with reinforced cylinder walls. The sleeves reduce displacement. Someone (I think at one of the car rags, but I am not positive on that, could have been a blogger) took this whole 5.5 thing and ran with it, assuming 5.5 was going to be the gen 5 small block. It snowballed, and now everyone (myself included for a while) believed it to be true. I have yet to see any ironclad proof that GM is going from 6.2 to 5.5. If someone does, I would greatly appreciate it. It certainly makes sense, from an economic and environmental standpoint, that gen 5 will be smaller. I hope not. If you look at Ford's coyote 5.0, it makes great peak numbers, but the torque curve looks like a mountain.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Wheres the option in the poll for V8 N/A? That twin turbo V6 will have to make 450 hp. The next M3 will surely be in the 425-450 hp range, and most likely will be lighter then the ATS-V.

I would vote for NA V8 also. Sal, do I have the ability to edit polls?

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Yes, you should be able to edit polls.. Look for a pencil icon next to the poll title. But there already is an option that would/could cover what you would choose:
    V6 or V8 without forced induction

You can split them up if you want but 7 people already voted for that option.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

I was just curious.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

So Sal, is the ATS-V still going to be your next Cadillac? or have things changed in the past 12 months?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

It's still a very strong possibility. I need to see what the DTS replacement is going to be like as well. I hear hot and cold news - so I just don't know.. If we get a twin turbo 3.0 liter ATS, that may be the way I go. It's really up in the air right now.. But the ATS-V is still on my list. If it's anything like a blend between the Lexus IS-F and BMW M3, I'm probably really going to like it. It needs to be comfortable inside for my wife. Otherwise I'll never hear then end of it - like I did with my 335i...

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    So Sal, is the ATS-V still going to be your next Cadillac? or have things changed in the past 12 months?
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.