Cadillac ATS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Cadillac ATS-V

From the Tell Fritz website:

"Will Cadillacís upcoming small RWD cars have performance characteristics - steering, braking, chassis dynamics - comparable, even surpassing the BMW 3 series. Will there be a V version to compete with the M3? And when can we buy it?"

"Dear Charles - thanks for your interest in Cadillac. I cannot give you all the details, but the answer to your questions is an enthusiastic yes! Dates are not too distant in the future, but are still not announced."
    -Bryan Nesbitt, General Manager, Cadillac
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Re: Cadillac ATS-V

Very interesting! Maybe a LS3?

87GN&98VET is offline Cadillac Owners Member

God I hope not. This car needs a turbo 6!

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by 87GN&98VET View Post
    This car needs a turbo 6!
    God I hope not.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

I'll believe it when I see it.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

I didn't know you can directly contact Cadillac execs...
    How nice of him to give an honost answer!

wow

chazman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006, Raven Black, Y43, six speed, V-exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    From the Tell Fritz website:

"Will Cadillacís upcoming small RWD cars have performance characteristics - steering, braking, chassis dynamics - comparable, even surpassing the BMW 3 series. Will there be a V version to compete with the M3? And when can we buy it?"

"Dear Charles - thanks for your interest in Cadillac. I cannot give you all the details, but the answer to your questions is an enthusiastic yes! Dates are not too distant in the future, but are still not announced."
    -Bryan Nesbitt, General Manager, Cadillac
    Hey! That was me who asked that. Nice of Bryan to confirm a V version of the "ATS".

chazman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006, Raven Black, Y43, six speed, V-exhaust.

God I hope not. This car needs a turbo 6!
    Could be, but I'm getting the sense from one of my sources that a Gen V smallblock is being considered. We'll see.

One concern I have is that this car does not grow in size. A 3 series competitor implies a 3 series sized car. If this thing grows to, oh say, the size of a 1st gen CTS, it will really, really miss the mark.

Cadillac Talan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Yeah this car would be a great platform for the new GenV XV8. I really like the idea of this engine.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

God I hope not. This car needs a turbo 8!
    ^fixed

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Talan View Post
    Yeah this car would be a great platform for the new GenV XV8. I really like the idea of this engine.
    Thats a good choice! LS3 or a derivative, regardless. Screw the turbo'6...waste of money and space.

87GN&98VET is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Thats a good choice! LS3 or a derivative, regardless. Screw the turbo'6...waste of money and space.
    Yeah, that's what the Vette and Mustang guys used to say back in the 80's before the GN came along and blew their doors off. Your comments are totally off base. A turbo v6 can make as much or more power than a v8 and get better gas mileage while taking up less space. If Cadillac wants this car to appeal to an upper scale market then they have to give it some technology and not revert to the same old V8 formula. Besides, FI and smaller engines is going to be the only option for big power in the future due to CAFE.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

FI + Big V8 = win

If Cadillac wants this car to appeal to an upper scale market then they have to give it some technology and not revert to the same old V8 formula.
    This car will be sold to a market UNDER the CTS-V, not above! And which engine does the CTS-V employ, LS3 based or LLT based? Its only the arrogant that buy a performance car for the type of engine, instead of its performance. And no V6 from GM will ever steal these buyers away from BMW. The rest, however, are up for grabs. The CTS-V doesnt get bad press because of its low-tech V8,in fact, its the opposite. Rags, both domestic and foreign love the engine! Cheap reliable power will always be loved.

-The LLT (3.6L DI) is only slightly lighter then the LS3 V8, less then 50 lbs. So adding turbo + plumbing + intercooler gives you a 3.6L V6Turbo that weighs as much or more then a 6.2L V8.
    -The LLT is taller then the LS3, which means a higher centre of gravity in a performance car, which is a no no.
    -The LLT is more expensive to build and service then the LS3.
    -The LLT is more expensive to mod then the LS3, tho I doubt thats a huge factor in GM's decision.
    -Theres a new higher tech LSx engine coming soon, or has allready arrived, with DI and AFM...

Quote Originally Posted by chazman View Post
    Could be, but I'm getting the sense from one of my sources that a Gen V smallblock is being considered. We'll see.

One concern I have is that this car does not grow in size. A 3 series competitor implies a 3 series sized car. If this thing grows to, oh say, the size of a 1st gen CTS, it will really, really miss the mark.
    I agree. I think it needs to be a fair bit smaller then the 2nd gen CTS, which would be smaller then the 1st gen. I also think a conv. should be one of the first versions they release, after the sedan. I think this part of market could be exploited by a small luxury convertible thats more affordable then, say, an SLK or Z4...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.