Cadillac ATS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac ATS-V Series Forum Discussion, Cadillac ATS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by concorso I agree. I think it needs to be a fair bit smaller then the 2nd gen ...
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: Cadillac ATS-V

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    I agree. I think it needs to be a fair bit smaller then the 2nd gen CTS, which would be smaller then the 1st gen. I also think a conv. should be one of the first versions they release, after the sedan. I think this part of market could be exploited by a small luxury convertible thats more affordable then, say, an SLK or Z4...
    So practically it will, or should replace the BLS in size then? Then again, I would say when they launch it, it will be launched as the BTS.

ANd if it should have a V8, why don't we see this V8 in the CTS?

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

My guess is that it will be similar in size to the BLS. Youve mentioned a few times now that you think it will be called the BTS...whats your reasoning?
    Im not saying the ATS-V should have a V8. Im saying with what Ive read, it makes much more sense to use the V8. The ATS will be, by far, the smallest Cadillac ever sold. If they introduce a brand new powertrain with it, than the entire car is new. I see some potential problems with this. IF the engine turns out to have some 1st year gremlins, this could mean alot of trouble for the ATS reputation. And CAdillac doesnt have a good history with small cars. And people still remeber this, even tho the CTS should have changed the rep. THe last thing a new small car from Cadillac needs is bad press. Could they get the V6tt right? Sure! But they allready have the proven V8. It would be just 1 less potential problem in a brand new car in a segment where the company has never been. Plus, the performance aspect would be undeniable. With even the smallest and cheapest of mods, youd be showing the M3 the tailights. Just my thinking...

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    My guess is that it will be similar in size to the BLS. Youve mentioned a few times now that you think it will be called the BTS...whats your reasoning?
    Im not saying the ATS-V should have a V8. Im saying with what Ive read, it makes much more sense to use the V8. The ATS will be, by far, the smallest Cadillac ever sold. If they introduce a brand new powertrain with it, than the entire car is new. I see some potential problems with this. IF the engine turns out to have some 1st year gremlins, this could mean alot of trouble for the ATS reputation. And CAdillac doesnt have a good history with small cars. And people still remeber this, even tho the CTS should have changed the rep. THe last thing a new small car from Cadillac needs is bad press. Could they get the V6tt right? Sure! But they allready have the proven V8. It would be just 1 less potential problem in a brand new car in a segment where the company has never been. Plus, the performance aspect would be undeniable. With even the smallest and cheapest of mods, youd be showing the M3 the tailights. Just my thinking...
    I know I mentioned it before and I don't want to irritate with it. My reasoning is, is that I am an engineer. Haha. I think in logic and the abreviated models seem to have some logical size based lettering. We already have the BLS, CTS and DTS in alfabetical order. The C aledgedly stood for Catera, but Cadillac said it (now) stands for the C-size. Just like the B for B-size.
    In order to make this all rime, Cadillac should stick to this. I know the A-size Cadillac plan has been introduced years ago, when there was already the BLS. The BLS, as it is, is dead. But the size of the presented ATS is, what we can interpret from the descriptions from 'witnesses' about current BLS size. SInce BTS has been mentioned before by Cadillac as well, It is hard to imagine a B-size platform between the presented ATS and the current CTS.
    For the same reason I predict that the mentioned XTS will be the next DTS. Yes, the current DTS and STS were announced to be killed. But you can interpret that as being killed as current platform setup. The name might as well still come back is what I think.
    Then the next superluxliner Cadillac flagship will be the FTS, maybe a hint to Fleedwood...

Then, at least, you would have a nice alphabet-logicalal line-up of cars from B to F, and possibly later from A to F.

XLR is dead. No issue there with lettering.
    SRX still is out of logic.
    Escalade, I just presume as possible, will be renamed VRX?

Anyway, that is my reasoning. My attempt to make logical sense. But I keep in mind, that there will be no nice logic behind it.

ah well...

Mind you, we've been fooled before by Cadillac; the BRX turned out to be the SRX. The preview shots (tv appearance in 2006??) of the 2nd gen CTS turned out to be the CTS coupe...

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Something tells me the Escalade will NEVER be renamed. Ever.

For a fictional analogy, it would be like renaming the Corvette the CSC (Chevrolet Sport Coupe, or something). People KNOW what a Corvette is, just like people know what an Escalade is. When you say you drive an Escalade, the image you get is someone with money. If you drive a Corvette, and barring MLC people, you get the image of a performance car.

Uniformity is nice and all, but some things just shouldn't be messed with.

The Escalade should not be renamed, ever.

jrosevear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V raven

Bet heavily on a ~450 hp Gen V V8 for the ATS-V. The Alpha platform will take a small-block; no other engine makes sense. The next-gen CTS-V will probably be around 600 hp.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    Something tells me the Escalade will NEVER be renamed. Ever.

For a fictional analogy, it would be like renaming the Corvette the CSC (Chevrolet Sport Coupe, or something). People KNOW what a Corvette is, just like people know what an Escalade is. When you say you drive an Escalade, the image you get is someone with money. If you drive a Corvette, and barring MLC people, you get the image of a performance car.

Uniformity is nice and all, but some things just shouldn't be messed with.
    asking someine in the 60 or 70's if the Eldorado, Seville or Deville should ever be renamed would have gotten you a solid no.

Eventually we got ESC, ETC, SLS, STS, DHS, and DTS

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    asking someine in the 60 or 70's if the Eldorado, Seville or Deville should ever be renamed would have gotten you a solid no.

Eventually we got ESC, ETC, SLS, STS, DHS, and DTS
    The 80's and 90's Cadillac's are generally a disjointed mess, cars that never really met their target. The Escalade and the CTS are the first cars in years to attract younger buyers to Cadillac. The fact that people still buy cars that have letters instead of names, does not imply that people prefer letters instead of names.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

I'm up for a 450hp V8 ATS V ! Can't wait to see it hit the show circuit.

Hope it has a DSG! or MCT!

VCONVERT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

If they use a turbo six it will have to have in excess of 400 hp. That would represent an expensive development project. The V8 would be the easiest, least costly, and most popular choice imho.

simgolfer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V sedan, manual, silver/ebony, airaid, SW catback
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06
    I'm up for a 450hp V8 ATS V ! Can't wait to see it hit the show circuit.

Hope it has a DSG! or MCT!
    I'm hoping it will still have a manual transmission option personally.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I will be extremely surprised if the ATS-V gets a V8.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

boycer11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anybody think the v will be out by next summer?

Dr. Design is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Don't bet too much $ then....

The next Gen CTS-V, that would be entertaining....

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by jrosevear View Post
    Bet heavily on a ~450 hp Gen V V8 for the ATS-V. The Alpha platform will take a small-block; no other engine makes sense. The next-gen CTS-V will probably be around 600 hp.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by boycer11
    Anybody think the v will be out by next summer?
    Maybe. I'd guess late 2013/early 2014...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.