Sport Pedal Install
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Sport Pedal Install in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I just have a base model ATS so I will add the parts I want as I go. The first ...
    oemtech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T/Auto

Sport Pedal Install

I just have a base model ATS so I will add the parts I want as I go. The first upgrade is the Pedal Kit. You can get the kits for about $125 shipped either off eBay or from a GM dealer.

So, what is in the kit?

You get a new foot rest cover, new brake pedal cover, a accelerator pedal (with controller - drive by wire) and some crappy instructions.

Before

After

Tools
    1) Small flat blade screw driver
    2) #4 metric allen wrench
    3) a curved tool to help put on the brake pedal cover.

How To

Foot Rest
    Using the small flat blade screw driver remove the retaining clip at the top of the foot rest. Once the clip is removed push down on the tab and remove the cover. The kit provides a new lower connection plate and retaining clip. But, they are the same parts as what is already installed.

Next take the new foot rest cover slide on the lower connection plate, making sure the bottom is in the mounting slot.

Now push it down until the catch at the top snaps in place. Replace the retaining clip and your done. It takes all of 5 mins to install.

Brake Pedal
    Remove the old brake pedal cover... It just pulls off. Now the fun begins. It took me at least 30 mins to get this sucker on. Why? For one thing it is not as flexible as the one you took off. Secondly you have stretch the rubber over the brake pedal. I started with on the accelerator pedal side and worked my way around the bottom to the top. You will need some sort of small curved tool to assist in getting the rubber over the pedal.

Accelerator Pedal
    With the small screw driver remove the rubber plug the covers the hold down bolt. Next use the #4 metric allen wrench to remove the hold down bolt. Now pull back on the pedal assembly to release it from the floor. Disconnect the cable from the control box by unlocking the red release clip on the plug.

Swap pedal assemblies, install cable connection and slide the locking clip into position. Now slide the assembly back into the floor, install the retaining bolt and the rubber plug.

Start the car and check out the new parts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: Sport Pedal Install

nice write up! can we get a sticky here?

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the point of sporty pedal? My performance comes with these so called sporty pedals, but I don't see what type of advantage they can give and why they are called sporty!

By the way, box says Made in Korea, but there is a Made in China label on the brake pedal!

oemtech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    nice write up! can we get a sticky here?
    I would rather see a new forum for things like this.... Knowledge Base

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is the point of sporty pedal? My performance comes with these so called sporty pedals, but I don't see what type of advantage they can give and why they are called sporty!

By the way, box says Made in Korea, but there is a Made in China label on the brake pedal!
    Sport Pedals sounds better than Bling Pedals and I guess you need to be a "Real Sport" to get them. OBTW - IIRC they are $230 option from GM

Yes sir... GM contracts with Korea and they contract with China.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

I like them. They look much better. Sporty you know!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.