Exterior Rubber Sunroof Trim Issue
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GJB
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Exterior Rubber Sunroof Trim Issue in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Good Evening Folks, I have a '14 2.0 T standard model but ordered the sunroof and heated seats. A few ...
    Philly82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 RWD Auto Black Raven

Exterior Rubber Sunroof Trim Issue

Good Evening Folks,

I have a '14 2.0 T standard model but ordered the sunroof and heated seats. A few days after purchasing the car a friend pointed out to me that the rubber trim surrounding the outside of the sunroof was sticking up a little bit. It's nothing huge and there are no leaks in the car, however as it is on the passenger side of the car it is a bit embarrassing. My co-workers all drive german luxury cars Merc CLS, BMW Z4, BMW X5, BMW 328i, etc so I am proud to represent with my Caddy. At any rate I took it to my local dealer once after work and they cleaned the track, lubed up the rubber and had me open and close the sunroof like 20 times. They said it should get better after that but it hasn't. I know its a real 1st world type problem and not worth a visit to the dealer on its own merits, but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and knew of any fixes? Otherwise I'll just have the dealer look at it at my first oil change. Also weird note, it only does it when I open and close the sunroof in tilt mode. If I open and close it in slide mode everything lays down perfectly... Otherwise I love the car and am super glad I chose it over that little FWD Merc CLA!

Thanks
    PhiL

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Exterior Rubber Sunroof Trim Issue

A picture would help so that we can see what you are talking about.

Hmmm. Went out to take a picture this morning and low and behold it made a liar out of me... Can't replicate it. Perhaps the dealer trick did work, eventually. If it happens again I'll snap a quick pic.2014-07-26 10.07.56.jpg Here is a pic from this morning and it looks fine. Anyway the black strip around the edge of the sunroof would be sticking up a bit in the middle of the right side of the sunroof on the passenger side.

Ok so its doing it again today at work. Attached are pics. 2014-07-28 13.55.10.jpg 2014-07-28 13.55.20 (2).jpgAgain, nothing urgent or deal breaking. Just annoying as heck. Otherwise I love my car.

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

Warranty time

Mullah88 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6L (BLU); 1998 Seville STS (Delilah)
    Um might want to get it fixed, mine on the sts let's water in but luckily for me, it's not large enough to cause any damages.

Good thing it hasn't sucked in, looks like it's sticking out

smitty846 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 3.6 Premium AWD

I have the exact same issue on the same side as you. I've never had a leak either. I don't open the roof too much so I just tuck it back down after I close it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi smitty846,

I’m sorry to hear that you have this sunroof issue with your ATS. Have you contacted your dealership about it, or are you not that worried about it right now? If you would like to discuss your options working with the dealership, please feel free to PM me.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

highspeedguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I have the same problem on my 2014 and I do the same as Smitty846 just tuck it in. No big deal but still should not happen on a car with this price tag.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Stuff like this happens on all brands of cars regardless of price and you only have to deal with it until you get it fixed. The measurement should not be based on the cars price but on it being fixed properly for free by professional people.
    Ragtop 99 likes this.

100%_N1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by GJB
    Stuff like this happens on all brands of cars regardless of price and you only have to deal with it until you get it fixed. The measurement should not be based on the cars price but on it being fixed properly for free by professional people.
    Well said. Totally agree.

sebounet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD performance

Same issue for me, pull it back myself, sometimes it sticks out. I also have an isssue, sometime the roof won't close, as soon as it reaches the plastic that hold the wind net, it goes back. They reset it , but i have always the same problem. TO close it , i need to pull down with my hand the plastic thing.

Not sure if I posted in this thread but when I took the car in for the recalls and a weird sound they ordered me a new sunroof trim piece. In the meantime I just make sure I use the slide function to close the sunroof rather than closing in tilt mode each time. Or manually tuck the rubber down if I forget and just tilt. Minor annoyance. But glad they're fixing it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.