I'm pissed 138 mph - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, I'm pissed 138 mph in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by tahawk69 Really nice to see Trifecta join the discussions alot more lately. They have alot of overall ...
    flycaster is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Re: I'm pissed 138 mph

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    Really nice to see Trifecta join the discussions alot more lately. They have alot of overall knowledge on the ats and I welcome whenever a vendor wants to share info. Imo, the more a vendor is involved with this ats community the better chance a member will buy or use their parts. That's one reason diablosport got my business, was because Mike and nyinstaller are always on talking about their own vehicles not just what's for sale from them. My thanks to actively participating vendors, who are not just looking for a dollar but enjoy sharing their ats knowledge.
    Well done, hawk.

Cuest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance w/Red & Carbon Interior

Quote Originally Posted by transam00 View Post
    I was out at the race track and my car only goes 138 . I guess my tuner can get rid of that crap . :::
    Really? That's strange I've done 143 on mine 2013 2.0T and it felt like it might do more, just didn't want to push my luck. LOL

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

I think I got a message on the dash saying speed limited . So yeah it really happened .

ikireland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD
    230km/h (143mp/h) here. Warning comes on dic. '14 2.0T AWD Auto

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Wait I have had my 3.6 around 140 last spring on stock tires. No tune or anything. I see a cap here of 135? Is my speedo off or something. And no this wasn't down hill. And no drugs involved.

I forgot this was on private property

n2o-3.6-ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L
    I made a run with mine ( on a closed course ) and swear I hit about 145 on the stock tune but the tuner showed limits at 135 so idk what the real deal is. I was closing on 150 and I swore I felt it power down but I was out of track and had to slow down and that was the only chance I had to try it stock

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Alright then I'm not that crazy. At least someone besides me got it up that fast and I wasn't trippin.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmenees2 View Post
    I made a run with mine ( on a closed course ) and swear I hit about 145 on the stock tune but the tuner showed limits at 135 so idk what the real deal is. I was closing on 150 and I swore I felt it power down but I was out of track and had to slow down and that was the only chance I had to try it stock

DavidATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 3.6 RWD Premium

Some cars are limited electronically because of what the tires are rated to. Is it possible certain versions of the 3.6 are limited more than others (Premium gets summer tires and some others get All Season tires)? I think the liability of putting tires that are good to 130 and then not limiting the car to this speed would be asking for problems. Just speculation on the ATS.

Many years ago I had a company Taurus that was limited to about 118 even though the engine could have gotten the car to a higher limit.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

a friend of mine who works for a Cadillac, dealer was offered promo tune 6 weeks ago from trifecta for his CTS V-Sport i'm guessing so the dealer and or dealer customers might have a peek.....they said they would visit him to confirm that he worked there, they never did visit..after a few emails they sent him the cable and he borrowed my laptop to do the tune only to realize they never sent him a login or code to download the tune, and now they won't return his emails....he's over it and gave up...lol

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee
    a friend of mine who works for a Cadillac, dealer was offered promo tune 6 weeks ago from trifecta for his CTS V-Sport i'm guessing so the dealer and or dealer customers might have a peek.....they said they would visit him to confirm that he worked there, they never did visit..after a few emails they sent him the cable and he borrowed my laptop to do the tune only to realize they never sent him a login or code to download the tune, and now they won't return his emails....he's over it and gave up...lol
    That seems to be the norm with them. They talk a big game but are no where to be found. Idk what's up with them. I've emailed them several times with no response

Spalding_Speaks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by tmenees2
    That seems to be the norm with them. They talk a big game but are no where to be found. Idk what's up with them. I've emailed them several times with no response

certainly NOT the case with DiabloSport, as Mike was in contact with me at all times before, during, and thus far after the tune...they are extremely accessible! and they also drive Caddys themselves so they know wtf they're doing! and they love their cars!! I'm a huge fan of DiabloSport!

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding_Speaks
    certainly NOT the case with DiabloSport, as Mike was in contact with me at all times before, during, and thus far after the tune...they are extremely accessible! and they also drive Caddys themselves so they know wtf they're doing! and they love their cars!! I'm a huge fan of DiabloSport!
    I've seen on here how involved he is and it's awesome. But I already have an hp tuner because I thought my guy was able to do it but apparently he's gonna leave me hangin and I'm looking for someone else that can tune the trans now. Otherwise I would have dealt with mike

My buddy is a finance manager there and the funny thing to me is i'm sure they offered this to get good word of mouth at his dealership, but might have instead won themselves the opposite, we'll see if anything happens for him, i think i will tell him about diablo

i'm now going to eat my words...trifecta came through for my buddy, so i tip my hat to them....stuff is being done to tune my buddys V-Sport....they ran into a hickup though the engine is having some issues....(issues were pre-existing...bad gas is suspected)...but they're working through it and i'm pretty sure my buddy is going to be super happy (now where he was driving and what he was doing to get that dirty, dirty, needs penicillin gas is curiosity provoking )

on a side note i got to drive a trifecta tuned ATS 3.6, very nice...it's not crazy slap your sister over the top but it felt really nice....if i had to nitpick and this is so small it's not even a negative, just a personal preference, the tune made the throttle tip in really really sharp, car liked to chirp the tires.....i like a gradual tip in, but again thats my own tastes,...either that or i'm not used to the V6 and have gotten used to turbo lag, either way its my tastes not the car..... overall it was nice, and i swear the car sounded growlier, love that....looking forward to playing with my buddys car when done
    duneless likes this.

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

I was at the dealership not getting stuff fixed and looked in the road/track 2013 ats 2.0T 138 top speed .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.