ATS License Plate LED Lights... problem.
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By duneless
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS License Plate LED Lights... problem. in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Okay, I ordered the LEDS from ebay for the license plate and reverse light.. I replaced the reverse light a ...
    doobs2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Lightbulb ATS License Plate LED Lights... problem.

Okay, I ordered the LEDS from ebay for the license plate and reverse light.. I replaced the reverse light a week ago and tested it that night and looks great, no issue. 2 days ago I replaced the license plate lights, turned on the lights and nothing, flipped the LEDS around and they work. (What are the chances of getting both bulbs backwards? lol) Anyways, they worked fine. I meant to test the license plate lights that night when it got dark but didn't get to. So now, 2 days later, I went to test the lights and the reverse lights still work, but the license plate ones do not. I popped 1 of the license plate lights out, flipped it to see and still nothing. I grabbed the stock bulb and popped it in for the license plate and nothing.

Is there a chance since I didn't remove the other license plate LED and tested with the stock bulb it would cause the stock bulb to not light up? Is it some error code throwing issue possibly? I haven't checked the fuses or anything, it was a quick test tonight and it is pouring the rain. I wanted to see what you all thought in the mean time.

Thanks everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

Re: ATS License Plate LED Lights... problem.

Check the fuses. There's no reason you can't mix and match and both don't light. If you replace the LED's with the stock and it still doesn't light, the fuse is the first place to check (assuming all bulbs are blown). If still nothing, check to see if the wiring is OK and that its not damaged or loose.

Terrybill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6L AWD

At least yours were apparently on one piece. Mine worked when tested but after the first three mile trip at night I came back to no lights and found the pieces in the housing. Put the originals back in and those are working fine. Now playing twenty questions with the ebay (gotta love it) vendor asking one per day at around 0400. To their credit it doesn't make much sense to send out the same thing if it ends in the same result.

First pic compares old and new, second shows both were working (and looking good I thought) prior to their premature death, third is the detritus remaining

LED01.jpg

LED06.jpg

LED11.jpg

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

^^^^^^Hopefully you two get your problems straightened out....I've equipped my car with LED's all around and I must say, it is a 100% improvement in looks!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    ^^^^^^Hopefully you two get your problems straightened out....I've equipped my car with LED's all around and I must say, it is a 100% improvement in looks!
    What a bunch of choir boys persons! I want DIMMER license plate lights, preferably in the 1-2 candlepower range,

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 ATS4 (BD 8/12)

Yes, No bright lights on my plate. I want to just shut mine off. LEDS look good though. I want hide away plates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    What a bunch of choir boys persons! I want DIMMER license plate lights, preferably in the 1-2 candlepower range,
    Hoosier Daddy and louie1487 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.