Just had my car Dyno'd
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Just had my car Dyno'd in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; The only mod I have done is loaded the trifecta tune on my car. I was under the assumption that ...
    mrasmussen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 premium 2.0t manual trans - white

Just had my car Dyno'd

The only mod I have done is loaded the trifecta tune on my car. I was under the assumption that turning on/off the cruise control was supposed to enable/disable the tune. Here is the dyno results. One run with cruise on and one with cruise off. Basically the same results. The guy at the shop said he felt the car wasn't tuned and if he tuned it he could do a lot better.

The main reason I went there was for an upgrade path. I wanted to get a dyno baseline also. The shop told me for around $2500 they can fabricate a downpipe and various other parts, plus tune the car, which they felt would net me around 70ish HP. I have to determine if that is worth it.

Another package was around 5k, and that included a turbo and various parts, and they felt that would next 100 hp easily. 5k might be a little high for me, we'll see. The 2500 package at around 70hp seems pretty good.

Anyway, here is the dyno results with/without cruise control on. With cruise off did yield SLIGHTLY higher results, not much....

Dyno_Small.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Re: Just had my car Dyno'd

Not a chance I'd give my car to a shop that says "we feel it will give you this". If they haven't had a donor car that they have already done the work on I wouldn't be forking over $2500-$5000 for yours to be the test car.

syndr78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    Not a chance I'd give my car to a shop that says "we feel it will give you this". If they haven't had a donor car that they have already done the work on I wouldn't be forking over $2500-$5000 for yours to be the test car.
    Bingo.

exbagboy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium White Diamond

Well, 250 whp and 280 tq seems too high for a stock tune. I assume it's 91 oct

I see the temp 88 F and mmhg 29.60 so you are close to sea level.

Those a pretty healthy numbers for hp for high temp run, 88 F.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

10% gain in midrange and nothing on the top end. That's consistent with other results I've heard of from that tune.

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Is enabling/disabling the tune through the cruise function something they offer as part of their tune package? Never see that before...

OP, just some friendly advice, you can source a downpipe, and tune, and even a CAI that will net 70+ rwhp for well under $2500
    louie1487 likes this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

I thought trifecta played with the sport mode button that enabled the tune?

100%_N1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69
    I thought trifecta played with the sport mode button that enabled the tune?
    That is correct. Trifecta is the only tune for the ATS offered that, from what I could recall. Sport mode = tune, Touring = stock, for autos of course.

OP, I'm going to have to agree with other posts on here. $2500 is well spent elsewhere. I would suggest shopping around some.

Quote Originally Posted by Camorri1 View Post
    That is correct. Trifecta is the only tune for the ATS offered that, from what I could recall. Sport mode = tune, Touring = stock, for autos of course.
    So if that the case, which is what I thought then what is this cruise on cruise off nonsense?

Spalding_Speaks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by exbagboy
    Well, 250 whp and 280 tq seems too high for a stock tune. I assume it's 91 oct I see the temp 88 F and mmhg 29.60 so you are close to sea level. Those a pretty healthy numbers for hp for high temp run, 88 F.
    if you think those numbers are high, this dyno sheet below will really impress you! it's a 2014 ATS 6spd manual, with a stock tune from Diablo Sport...I think they definitely know what they're doing! 265.7wHP 329.3wTQ

OP I would get in touch with DiabloSport on the parts/package combo that will give you the most bang for the buck. after that, head on over to MarylandSpeed and get the best parts at the best prices. they'll treat you real good! image-1221720957.jpg

nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T
    Seeing first hand what these cars make stock on multiple dynos i will say those numbers if tuned are low. If that was stock then it's way to high.

Stock autos make 200+/- hp 220 +\- tq if your car is tuned as the chart possible suggests. Those numbers are somewhat low and are a good entry level tune. Not a final.

Bnr racing makes a catless down pipe right now for less than 400 I believe and if you can work a tool you can install it your self. A lift is a benifits and you should let a qualified person install but it's not out of reach. So basically get yourself a diablo tool when they are available and a down pipe for under 1k then a custom tune from a cmr dealer and your set. Or I can give you an email to contact a cmr tuner who can take care of you.

2500 yea that's excessive.

----------

Diablo sport only has tuners we do not offer parts. However since it's the pipe I used on my car. And got great results I'd suggest the down pipe from Bnr as not only was it is constructed very well they stand behind it. And I've learned first hand on that.

Only thing I'll say is you should get your own bolts to connect the bottom of the pipe to the exhaust.

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

Installing a down pipe is not an easy task . I would get one with a cat so you won't trow codes . I think a member did a install instructions and he used a special ratchet .
    jessehell and oemtech like this.

mrasmussen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 premium 2.0t manual trans - white

I used BNR Racing for my trifecta tune, and as you said, it is an entry tune I guess. I feel like it pulls harder after I load the tune so I would expect higher numbers than stock.

I might be mistaken about the cruise control on/off deal, that is just what I thought I read when I bought the tune, I could very well be wrong.

1k would definitely be doable right now. I can buy the DP from BNR, I can get it installed BUT, how do I get the car tuned? I would like the car tuned with the DP and I don't want to deal with CEL.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Check with BNR. If you're buying the DP from them, they may update the tune for a nominal price or even free. Give em a call.

Install the dp call trifecta since you already have their base tune then email them the logs so they can get you dialed in. Easy peasy

----------

Ragtop beat me to it. Agree with him

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.