Just had my car Dyno'd - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Just had my car Dyno'd in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by transam00 Installing a down pipe is not an easy task . I would get one with a ...
    sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Re: Just had my car Dyno'd

Quote Originally Posted by transam00 View Post
    Installing a down pipe is not an easy task . I would get one with a cat so you won't trow codes . I think a member did a install instructions and he used a special ratchet .
    That was me, and the only thing special about it was it had a pivot head to it. Otherwise, a deep socket 15mm, a short extension, and wratchet and you're all set!

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by tunedATS View Post
    .By the way, my 93 VT tune only gained me 6.5 peak hp over stock...234 stock vs 241 VT tuning 93 tune...Just seems Diablo is spending the extra time on R&D to dial something better in...
    Have you gone back to VT and shared the result? It seemed like VT's tune was a bit of a work in progress for some of the early adopters. Just wondering if the tune has evolved.

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

[QUOTE=tunedATS;12877658]Yeah Diablo's handheld looks very cool...By the way, my 93 VT tune only gained me 6.5 peak hp over stock...234 stock vs 241 VT tuning 93 tune...Just seems Diablo is spending the extra time on R&D to dial something better in...I might pick up that Diablo tune and do a dyno and lay it over the VT tuning tune...But I'm pretty confident it will be better than a 6.5hp gain...[/QUOTE

if you only picked up 6.5 you wouldn't even feel it at all . I can tell you mine is night and day and its faster even with the ac on . I also just dropped under 5.0 sec 0-60 . 4.95 . My gtimerkeeps the 10 best runs . I have alot of 5.0 5.05 5.15 .

----------

Don't expect these results with a full tank of gas or hotter than 70 * and a lot of practice . Lol
    exbagboy likes this.

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

I'm also short shifting . I'm pretty sure I'm in 3rd before I hit 60 . You can reach 60 in 2nd with the auto but times will suffer .

exbagboy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium

Yeah, you gotta shift into 3rd before you hit 60 for the manual.

For the VT tune, peak power maybe only +6.5 hp but he is probably gaining a lot more early on in torque and power so he is still gaining usable power that he can feel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.