Just had my car Dyno'd - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Just had my car Dyno'd in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; The only bolts that are even slightly hard are the ones that connect to the turbo. However no special ratchet. ...
    nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T
    The only bolts that are even slightly hard are the ones that connect to the turbo. However no special ratchet.

Just a ratchet a swivel and pretty long extension and finally access all boys from the bottom. My down pipe was installed in 15 minutes. Oy thing is I have a shop. And had to get different bolts.

exbagboy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium

Re: Just had my car Dyno'd

I meant they were good numbers for that near 90 degree heat.
    Diablo tunes have made some impressive numbers on both the auto and manual but it was on 93 octane. I'd like to see some dyno runs on 91 octane since that's what I have in my area.
    ben.gators likes this.

mrasmussen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 premium 2.0t manual trans - white

I always run 93, I haven't had a time when I couldn't get it.

So here is a question around this enabling/disabling of the tune. Should I have dyno'd with and without sport mode on? I don't believe I did that. I have a manual trans if that means anything.

louie1487 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you're OK spending 2500 then get over to Vermont tuning.

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

That's also New Era Performance in Rochester... the guys aren't a bunch of toolbags and have been around for a while (I haven't dealt with them in a few years though).

Still, I'd check to see what options BNR will give you regardless as to where you get your parts from - normally they will take logs from your car and tweak the tune to optimize it a bit more.

mrasmussen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 premium 2.0t manual trans - white

The shop was up-front that they have not dealt with the ATS yet. They deal with mostly late model GMs. The car on the dyno prior to mine was a 2014 zr1 pushing 570hp, really sweet car.

They said they would have to do custom work and that is why it is a bit more expensive. Maybe it is a better idea to grab a DP from BNR and go back and forth on a tune. That would be a lot cheaper.

Kayla@TRIFECTA is offline Authorized Vendor
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac CTS-V

Arrow To claim that you can do better without having touched an ATS...

Quote Originally Posted by mrasmussen View Post
    The only mod I have done is loaded the trifecta tune on my car.Attachment 232290
    Here is the dyno results.
    Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with a TRIFECTA calibration. Please PM me your VIN: lets make sure you are running on the latest general calibration update corresponding with the current GM update.

I was under the assumption that turning on/off the cruise control was supposed to enable/disable the tune.
    The TRIFECTA "Select-A-Tune" featureset is application specific and reseller specific to the purchase. Specific documentation is issued with every TRIFECTA calibration purchase documenting your specific featureset loadout. To clarify, this should be a question that is directed at your TRIFECTA calibration reseller entity. If "Select-A-Tune" was an included feature with your calibration purchase or added on through an individualization issued, documentation would have been issued detailing the operation (how to / user guide) and technical aspects (specifications / limitations) of the featureset.

Our "Select-A-Tune" featureset implementation varies by vehicle type and requested arm state if issued by individualization. For example, on our supercharged SRX LFX powerkit, we do not include an option to mimic the stock power levels. The selectable mode switch on the SRX is instead used to toggle between boost levels, with corresponding haldex power reprioritization. For example, power is prioritized further towards the front wheels during winter/snow mode only when the exterior temperature falls below 4 celsius.

Quote Originally Posted by exbagboy View Post
    I see the temp 88 F and mmhg 29.60 so you are close to sea level.

Those a pretty healthy numbers for hp for high temp run, 88 F.
    Thanks for the support! Would you like a free downpipe to review on behalf of TRIFECTA?

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    So if that the case, which is what I thought then what is this cruise on cruise off
    On the Chevy Cobalt SS LNF's (Bosch E69 ECM), since there is no vehicle mode selector, we've issued a number of calibrations for that vehicle type where multiple power levels and a few other features can be toggled through the cruise control buttons.

The guy at the shop said he felt the car wasn't tuned and if he tuned it he could do a lot better.

The main reason I went there was for an upgrade path. I wanted to get a dyno baseline also. The shop told me for around $2500 they can fabricate a downpipe and various other parts, plus tune the car, which they felt would net me around 70ish HP. I have to determine if that is worth it.

Another package was around 5k, and that included a turbo and various parts, and they felt that would next 100 hp easily. 5k might be a little high for me, we'll see. The 2500 package at around 70hp seems pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    Not a chance I'd give my car to a shop that says "we feel it will give you this". If they haven't had a donor car that they have already done the work on I wouldn't be forking over $2500-$5000 for yours to be the test car.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    OP, just some friendly advice, you can source a downpipe, and tune, and even a CAI that will net 70+ rwhp for well under $2500
    In my opinion, the Cadillac ATS responds fairly well to both software and hardware modifications. There are now quite a few vendors offering parts and modifications that have been developed and tested thoroughly.

The TRIFECTA Cadillac ATS LTG calibration was developed on our own test fleet and offers a power delivery profile that has been tested and validated for 100,000 miles and over 100 hours of full throttle application at minimum. The power delivery profile of our calibration meant for a stock vehicle is what we feel reflects per our values a consistent increase in both power and drivability. The same power delivery profile is also what per our values what we know to be safe and reliable by TRIFECTA's standards.

There are other vendors here on CadillacForums that have developed, built, and tested product offerings on their own vehicles. For example, would I run a tune from Mike Litsch? Would I trust that something the Mike has developed will perform well and has been tested, on his own car no less? Of course. Mike has good stuff.

At TRIFECTA, we develop and test our calibrations to deliver consistent and reliable power, across varying climates such as heat/cold, elevation, and to be fault and low octane fuel tolerant. We maintain all OE diagnostics including OE knock sensor functionality and sensitivity. I referenced Mike above because in my opinion there are some whom per their standards may offer packages that may differ from or exceed our power delivery. There are also vendors that in my opinion I would trust that are not TRIFECTA. However, for a dyno tuning shop representative to say that they "feel" they can do better without having actually touched a Cadillac ATS before and on their first try no less, I will disagree with that claim on basis of a lack of responsibility and would like to challenge them to exceed what the TRIFECTA LTG recalibration delivers in terms of power without causing a part or system failure in your car. (Stock vehicle config.)

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Re: To claim that you can do better without having touched an ATS...

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla@TRIFECTA View Post
    However, for a dyno tuning shop representative to say that they "feel" they can do better without having actually touched a Cadillac ATS before and on their first try no less, I will disagree with that claim on basis of a lack of responsibility and would like to challenge them to exceed what the TRIFECTA LTG recalibration delivers in terms of power without causing a part or system failure in your car. (Stock vehicle config.)

Some shops may struggle, but other shops will do fine. Just to sweep a place off the table without any facts about the shop's experience doesn't make sense to me. This isn't rocket science, but if it is their first TM PCM, then the shop needs to be willing to put in the effort, and the OP needs to understand that his car may be tied up for a week and occasional trips back to verify that weather or an unexpected development has not occurred. On the other hand, the results should be far greater than a 10% gain in the midrange and zero gain on the top end.

I'm glad to see that you're going to check that the OP has the latest version of your tune. I'd like to think that the OP's results are not considered by Trifecta to be acceptable.

smurfkiller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t luxury

The shop was up-front that they have not dealt with the ATS yet. They deal with mostly late model GMs. The car on the dyno prior to mine was a 2014 zr1 pushing 570hp, really sweet car.

They said they would have to do custom work and that is why it is a bit more expensive. Maybe it is a better idea to grab a DP from BNR and go back and forth on a tune. That would be a lot cheaper.

2014 zr1?? a 2014 C7 Z51 570 at the wheels would be pretty good for one of those. but a 2013 C6 Zr1 570 is stock and kinda low stock. yes that would be a ok idea buy parts from vendors who are know to make quality parts and already produce them for the ATS have your local shop install them. if they are familiar with modern GM then they should be able to tune the car fairly well. especially if they are tuning C7 corvettes

tunedATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T 6M LUX

Yeah your chart looks like mine from VT tuning's 93 tune...Seems the Diablo guys have really raised the bar and spent the time turning out a higher quality product...For 1/2 the money...

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

manuial trans uses cruise control to turn the tune on and off. the automatics are with sport mode button. i also have the trifecta tune and a manual trans. would b better for me to dyno it as well and make sure im getting the same gains because mine does feel different when i turn the tune on. even to passengers.

transam00 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

Quote Originally Posted by tunedATS View Post
    Yeah your chart looks like mine from VT tuning's 93 tune...Seems the Diablo guys have really raised the bar and spent the time turning out a higher quality product...For 1/2 the money...
    Don't loose faith .lol It was a manual and made 265 hp for 500 rpms . Hung around 250 for a while . I bet there is barely any performance gain between them . However you can get the cool display programmer for around same price I think .

tunedATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T 6M LUX

Quote Originally Posted by transam00 View Post
    Don't loose faith .lol It was a manual and made 265 hp for 500 rpms . Hung around 250 for a while . I bet there is barely any performance gain between them . However you can get the cool display programmer for around same price I think .
    Yeah Diablo's handheld looks very cool...By the way, my 93 VT tune only gained me 6.5 peak hp over stock...234 stock vs 241 VT tuning 93 tune...Just seems Diablo is spending the extra time on R&D to dial something better in...I might pick up that Diablo tune and do a dyno and lay it over the VT tuning tune...But I'm pretty confident it will be better than a 6.5hp gain...

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

The big thing that's missing from all of these graphs are the wideband O2 data - I could lean the snot out of my car and run it all the way out, but that's not good for a street car. Many companies just don't push the tune that far (or that hard) because they're concerned with reliability.

There's also the truth that tuning is in many ways a "dark art". I can make power by leaning my A/F mixture. I can make power by keeping my A/F but advancing timing. I can make power by keeping A/F, keeping timing, and adding boost. Different tuners will blend these methods and select what they think is best - but in reality depending on the engine and setup you can't just always follow the same method.

Not a shot to any supporter, vendor, or tuner - simply stating that as always, if you want to keep your warranty and maximize the life of your engine, don't tune it.

And as a food for thought with the new Mustang Ecoboost on the way and rated 310hp/320tq and that the LTG was planned to be its rival in the 6th gen Camaro, things are going to get a little interesting.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

[QUOTE=roadpie4u;12878178] Not a shot to any supporter, vendor, or tuner - simply stating that as always, if you want to keep your warranty and maximize the life of your engine, don't tune it. [QUOTE]

thats why i think the trifecta tune is good with that switch on and off thing. i usually always keep mine off until i decide to race or drive lively or something. usually its never needed. by race i mean the casual bs we do on stop lights or take it to the track or wahtever. point being, tune is normally off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.