Is this normal for an ATS...
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Is this normal for an ATS... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have never seen my A/C evaporator drip condensation under the car.. Is this normal for an ATS, or is ...
    Belman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 4 Premium 3.6

Is this normal for an ATS...

I have never seen my A/C evaporator drip condensation under the car..

Is this normal for an ATS, or is the condensation drain plugged ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ragtop 99 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Re: Is this normal for an ATS...

I've seen water under mine. I'd look for a plugged line.

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

I've never seen mine drip .

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Belman View Post
    I have never seen my A/C evaporator drip condensation under the car..

Is this normal for an ATS, or is the condensation drain plugged ??
    Check on an incline front of car on the high side. You should see some water come out if the A/C is on. Mine did not drip when level.
    pever likes this.

PetrolHead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 Standard Red Obsession 6MT

All cars drip water under the car when the A/C is on. The problem is when it drips inside instead of out. The condensation has to go somewhere.
    TheCaptain likes this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Yeah thats actually a big problem, I heard GM is recalling all ATS to re route the lines so that the water drains into the interior instead, all over the carpet.

...of course its normal, ever see a windo box AC drip inside all over the walls? gotta go somewhere.. if it's a really hot humid day and the AC has been on the condesation will build up instead of drip, most cars do this and most people dont notice because the pavements usually so hot by the time they look under its gone anyways.. but yes dont worry about now, if your floor liner starts getting wet then give us a call lol
    TheCaptain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    Yeah thats actually a big problem, I heard GM is recalling all ATS to re route the lines so that the water drains into the interior instead, all over the carpet.

...of course its normal, ever see a windo box AC drip inside all over the walls? gotta go somewhere.. if it's a really hot humid day and the AC has been on the condesation will build up instead of drip, most cars do this and most people dont notice because the pavements usually so hot by the time they look under its gone anyways.. but yes dont worry about now, if your floor liner starts getting wet then give us a call lol
    Does your refrigerator drip water on your kitchen floor ?? The reason why it doesn't is because there is a heater, or it uses the condensers heat.. To evaporate the condensation..

I just wanted to see if everyone else ATS did or didn't drip water.. Cadillac "may" have some kind of heater to evaporate the A/C water.. I'm disappointed that there were so many views, but so few answers (does yours drip or does it not)..

I do appreciate the answers I did get, and I'm going to do a raised frontend observation, to see if that causes it to visibly drain..

Ragtop 99 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Check on an incline front of car on the high side. You should see some water come out if the A/C is on. Mine did not drip when level.
    Backing down my driveway is when I've noticed it and like you said, the nose is higher than the tail.

duneless is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Running in the heat with AC on mine drips underneath the car. All of my cars have done this. I thought they all did?
    TheCaptain likes this.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by duneless View Post
    Running in the heat with AC on mine drips underneath the car. All of my cars have done this. I thought they all did?
    They do and some more than others. Usually the the larger the space to be cooled car/truck the more you get based on compressor/evap coil size.

My ATS does not seem to drain very heavy. Dealer re positioned my drain tube as part of fixing the moldy A/C odor and it now will puddle under the car in my garage after driving. Prior it would drain going up my driveway incline and then not puddle when on the level surface. My thought is the pan that catches the condensation was holding more water than it should contributing to the problem.

n2o-3.6-ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L
    Mine does not drip very often. And I'm in hot humid FL. Hopefully I don't have an issue with mine. Only 5k miles on the car

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Does your refrigerator drip water on your kitchen floor ?? The reason why it doesn't is because there is a heater, or it uses the condensers heat.. To evaporate the condensation..

I just wanted to see if everyone else ATS did or didn't drip water.. Cadillac "may" have some kind of heater to evaporate the A/C water.. I'm disappointed that there were so many views, but so few answers (does yours drip or does it not)..

I do appreciate the answers I did get, and I'm going to do a raised frontend observation, to see if that causes it to visibly drain..
    well no but refrigerators and such have provisins to evaporate the condensation, but that's too much effort to design into a car when the water could just as well drip outside when it becomes too heavy to evaporate. I wouldn't lose sleep over it lol
    TheCaptain likes this.

don.davis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance

Mine drips. Not heavily (I'm in northern VA so it's on all summer, and it's plenty humid here), but it does drip. No mold issues that I've noticed, either.

UPDATE: I finally saw my ATS drop water from the AC evaporator..

It happen when I stopped the misses as she was about to pull off, after backing out the drive way..

After saying to her what I had to say.. She pulled away.. As she accelerated, the car left a line of condensation water on the street.. I would have never seen that if I hadn't been standing right there.. That supports the idea of parking with the frontend up a grade, to see it drain.. The G-force of acceleration does the same thing.. I feel better now ..

rsingl is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD

UPDATE: I finally saw my ATS drop water from the AC evaporator..

It happen when I stopped the misses as she was about to pull off, after backing out the drive way..

After saying to her what I had to say.. She pulled away.. As she accelerated, the car left a line of condensation water on the street.. I would have never seen that if I hadn't been standing right there.. That supports the idea of parking with the frontend up a grade, to see it drain.. The G-force of acceleration does the same thing.. I feel better now ..
    So now we have the fun solution to the moldy smell issue, drive in a spirited fashion... particularly after extended operation in hot/humid weather
    GJB, duneless and Ragtop 99 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.