Android Phone anyone?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Android Phone anyone? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hi, I tried connecting my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, through USB, and uhm, nothing happens. The phone is Connected as ...
    hbbd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Android Phone anyone?

Hi,

I tried connecting my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, through USB, and uhm, nothing happens. The phone is Connected as a media device, however the car doesn't see any media connected.

This is the base, not he CUE.

Am I missing something? Or do I really need to plugin a memory stick?

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wyomen is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Android Phone anyone?

I have the CUE system. If I hook up my Galaxy S3 thru the USB it won't recognize my music files but if it is picked up on my Bluetooth then everything works great. The Pandora radio is amazing coming thru the phone.

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Somewhere around android 4.0 or 4.1 (Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean), google changed the way storage was handled. Previous versions allowed you to treat non-OS storage the same way you would a USB or Harddrive. Once they changed it, accessing data required different instructions (much like you would for an iphone).

You'd probably be better off going bluetooth or usb drive.

Well voice calls go through using Bluetooth, however (I maybe don't know how to use it) I can't stream music through Bluetooth ... I get the same message, no media detected ...

... again, this is the stock unit, not the CUE ...

In my previous vehicle, Infiniti FX35 2011, I used to select Bluetooth Audio and then start Winamp mobile on my pĥone, and it would work perfectly, even the controls would work from the steering wheel.

So what do I have to do in order to play music from my phone? I don't want to plugin an AUX cable ... it's like going back in time

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Android wont work through USB on car stereos' because it connects as a media device/photo transfer.

You need to make it connect as a Mass storage device which is what car stereo's recognize... but it wont do in the newer updates.

Only way to make it connect as MS is by rooting it and doing some tinkering... as I have done

I've done more googling and testing on this B/S than anyone else I think lol, this has been asked a million times on just about every car forum and thats the bottom line, Android doesn't communicate in Mass storage

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by hbbd View Post
    Well voice calls go through using Bluetooth, however (I maybe don't know how to use it) I can't stream music through Bluetooth ... I get the same message, no media detected ...

... again, this is the stock unit, not the CUE ...

In my previous vehicle, Infiniti FX35 2011, I used to select Bluetooth Audio and then start Winamp mobile on my pĥone, and it would work perfectly, even the controls would work from the steering wheel.

So what do I have to do in order to play music from my phone? I don't want to plugin an AUX cable ... it's like going back in time
    Stevo is the pro with the base radio on this car but from what i know it does not have any bluetooth straming. USB was the best option he came up with.

HAha yeah that was a riot trying to figure out that radio, spent many an hour yelling at it and trying a bag full of USB keys formatted differently, different songs, song formatts ETC

- It'll only read memory sticks formatted to FAT16 (archaic and limits storage space)
    - it wouldn't read memory cards over 4Gb either(or, 4Gb of songs) so I had to swap between memory cards and usb keys. It WILL however read apple devices via the other USB slot.

Whats odd though is the Radio in my 2010 cobalt SS will read memory cards formatted to FAT32, I have a 24Gig stick in my car as we speak... same key wouldn't read in my ATS, it's absolutely ridiculous that Cadillac would use such a pile of shit for a stereo, the stock Pioneer in my SS blows the "Base" Bose away.

I agree, I mean this is 2014, I wasn't even thinking Cadillac wouldn't include the media streaming by default ... I even had a 2 days rental, a Chrysler 200, back in 2012 who was streaming media ... it's so stupid, it gets me mad, to see this coming from a luxury brand. And on top of it FAT16 reaaaalllyyy?? You can't even buy memory cards of 4GB or smaller ... wtf are you joking me??

Now, it's not like it would have been a deal breaker, I would have chosen the ATS 2.0T anyways, for all the other good reasons ... however it's disappointing, when you pick a luxury car and then surprise ... you struggle to play music LOL

yup when I had my ATS i was really pissed off about this, I realize I didn't get CUE and all its flash but the inability to stream music/read modern storage devices is a blatent kick in the balls to the customers and possibly a purposed ploy to get people to upgrade by providing the shittiest radio around on purpose, whoever Ok'd that radio to be placed in a Cadillac needs to be hung.

... wonder if Cadillac Cust. service will see this or even care

Oh and I forgot ... even on low volume, the speakers (or some other parts) in the back, are vibrating like hell ...

and the Bluetooth can't be used - AND NO, IT'S NOT MY PHONE - I can't hear anything, all the words are cut in half and getting crazy static ... the other person can hear me clearly however ...

so yeah, I don't know what the dealer can do about it, it's not something you can fix with a wrench ...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by hbbd View Post
    Oh and I forgot ... even on low volume, the speakers (or some other parts) in the back, are vibrating like hell ...

and the Bluetooth can't be used - AND NO, IT'S NOT MY PHONE - I can't hear anything, all the words are cut in half and getting crazy static ... the other person can hear me clearly however ...

so yeah, I don't know what the dealer can do about it, it's not something you can fix with a wrench ...

Hi hbbd,

I understand your frustration with the Bluetooth not connecting and hearing a rattling vibration in your speakers. I would be happy to contact your preferred dealership on your behalf to see if we can get your vehicle looked at. If this is something you are interested in, please shoot me a private message with your VIN, contact information and the dealership you would like to work with. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.