Cadillac Owners Forum banner

TRIFECTA presents: Cadillac ATS 3.6 LFX Supercharger Powerkit (TRIFECTA T50)

30K views 60 replies 28 participants last post by  C "T" ess 
#1 ·

http://i57.tinypic.com/692gyt.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/352n94x.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/zwzrix.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/r22988.jpg

images are attached above

TRIFECTA presents: Cadillac ATS 3.6 LFX MY2013/MY2014+ Supercharger Powerkit (TRIFECTA T50)

This release post is a presentation of the engineering capabilities of TRIFECTA Performance: TRIFECTA presents an integral supercharger powerkit (T50) for the MY2013/MY2014+ Cadillac ATS LFX. You're looking at the "fastest MY2014 Cadillac ATS LFX in North America" (as of June 20th 2014). The TRIFECTA Cadillac ATS LFX MY2013/MY2014+ Supercharger powerkit is complemented by a TRIFECTA powertrain power delivery profile software recalibration, providing specific power increases of +175 ft-lbs (Peak gains of +129 ft-lbs) and +168 WHP with a completely stock Cadillac ATS LFX/6L45 MY2014 AWD donar vehicle.

Design parameters (and specifications) of the TRIFECTA Cadillac ATS 3.6 MY2013/MY2014+ LFX supercharger powerkit and corresponding ECM software reprogramming:

-Gains of +175 ft-lbs and +168 WHP (on 91 octane, Peak gains of +129 ft-lbs and +168 WHP)
-Vortech V2 Si / (V2 Ti optional) supercharger head unit (Vortech V7 and V3 TBA)
-Supercharger bracket CNC machined from 7075-T6, FEA/CAD designed for optimum critical strength and weight effectiveness
-High efficiency bar and plate air to air intercooler
-Optimum belt wrap around the supercharger pulley, >190 degrees of belt wrap
-Belt routing reuses the OE accessories, retains use of OE harmonic balancer
-Does not interfere with Air Conditioning system performance
-Retains the OE catalytic converters and maintains emissions readiness
-No cutting or splicing of any OE wiring; adapter and extension harnesses are included
-Retains the OE PCV system; maintains emissions readiness
-Fits under the stock hood
-Retains the OE belt tensioner for extended belt lifespan and engine accessory lifespan
-Idler pulley design utilizes 76mm idler pulley diameter and severe duty rated ceramic ball bearings for increased belt life and idler pulley longevity
-Designed to be silent and reliable: without increased interior NVH during vehicle operation
-Includes an aFe Pro Dry S synthetic media high air filer (K&N filter optional)
-Utilizes a Turbosmart recirculating bypass valve for accuracy of metered air
-Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat and elevation
-Extended testing of 100,000 miles with 100 hrs of wide open throttle testing

Specifications of the corresponding TRIFECTA ECM software reprogramming for the TRIFECTA supercharged Cadillac ATS 3.6 MY2013/MY2014+ LFX :

-Proprietary TRIFECTA 3.5bar operating system maintains accuracy of the metered air and air pressure to 3.5bar
-Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and variations in fuel quality
-Power feels linear and immediately responsive
-Retains all GM OE diagnostics and ECM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Emissions readiness checks are present; maintains emissions readiness
-Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
-Proprietary TRIFECTA OS maintains OE functionality of the Haldex AWD system, with rebalanced torque biasing
-Knock detection mechanisms and OE engine knock detection sensitivity is retained
-Cold start performance is flawless and vehicle start is immediate
-Return to stock functionality included with flash loader

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2013/MY2014+ Cadillac ATS 3.6 Hydra-Matic 6L45 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary 6L45 transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
-Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
-Improved shift logic
-Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
-Retains all OE diagnostics and TCM functionality
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Installation Notes:

-Estimated installation time of ~6 hours
-Requires front bumper removal (intercooler installation)
-Does not require lift for installation
-No cutting, splicing, or soldering of OE wiring; adapter harnesses are included: OE plugs
-Premium fuel is recommended, but not required

Dyno sheet: TRIFECTA T50 Supercharger Powerkit LFX dyno graph (91 octane pump gas) (this vehicle is a 2014 Cadillac ATS Premium with a LFX 3.6 engine) - stock wheels/tires:

http://i59.tinypic.com/27zhoj6.jpg

Additional information and availability:

-Please contact TRIFECTA Performance: info@trifectaperformance.com or visit WOT-tuning: www.wot-tuning.com for more information
-This supercharger powerkit and corresponding powertrain calibration is available exclusively through TRIFECTA Performance and WOT-tuning; (as of June 20th 2014): wholesale inquiries are welcome though provided that you are an existing and active TRIFECTA reseller
-This supercharger powerkit includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
-Powertrain calibrations currently exist for North American vehicles only, with more regions to follow
-Pricing TBA

-

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
When you say "silent".. Just how quiet are you talking about.. Cause the last thing I want coming from my Cadillac, is that "infamous" centrifical supercharger whine..

Many moons ago, when I put a twin screw supercharger kit on my 5.0 Mustang, that was produced by Kenne-Bell.. It had a claim of being whisper quite.. Well when I fired the car up for the first time, the blower whine so loudly that I immediately shut it off.. I thought something was wrong.. I called Kenne-Bell and he said some of them whine some of them don't.. If it whines to much for you, send it back and I send you another.. Of course I wasn't going to do that.. And ironically, when I later installed a smaller blower pulley for more boost.. The whine went away..

If your kit is everything you say it is.. I'm very interested.. I was waiting for the release of the ATS-V, but it doesn't look like it's going to be available in all wheel drive.. That right there is the deal breaker.. But if I could put this kit on my ATS-4, that would be great..

#8 ·
Being a former F-body supercharger early adopter I think this is just awesome! The belt wrap on that kit looks excellent!

That Vortech is basically silent. It doesn't sound like an ATI or a regular S or T trim Vortech.

The only questions I have are around cooling performance with the stock rad/fan setup and trans longevity. Any issues at all in testing in hot environments? Also I imagine in some circumstances you need more torque management than stock to keep the trans alive.

I have a 2.0T so obviously not in the market but am a huge fan of centris :)

#16 ·
This truly looks amazing. I cannot wait to see this kid become publicly offered, as well as see how well it does with additional aftermarket bolt on modifications like catless downpipe, full exhaust, intake, etc..

I am also waiting to see what the aftermarket guys are going to offer in terms of turbo upgrades for the 2.0. Hopefully trifecta releases this kit, and it spurs interest and development of Turbo upgrade kits... Kind of like the now gone pfadt 45...

#24 ·
Currently still being validated for reliability and long term effects...

Currently still being validated for reliability and long term effects...

All TRIFECTA production spec software or hardware prior to release must pass our validation process, which calls for a minimum of 100,000+ miles and 100+ hours of full throttle application.

We don't want to retail anything that we are not 100 percent confident in overall power, reliability, consistent power delivery, and reliability in adverse conditions.

We don't have as many 3.6L ATS test platform vehicles as we do our 2.0T vehicles so its taking a while... We only have a few of these in the wild and they're all not high mileage vehicles; so something like belt life, pulley bearing life, engine accessory component group life, what happens to the haldex AWD transfer case after 100,000 miles, if the transmission will reliably take the power, and head unit reliability testing are all taking a bit longer than anticipated.

With that being said, the parts are already in bins sitting on some shelves, and as soon as our validation process and reliability testing is complete these will be ready to go!

So at this point, making the power is done and all we're waiting for is the completion of the validation process.

Kayla@TRIFECTA

#25 ·
Kayla@TRIFECTA said:
Currently still being validated for reliability and long term effects... All TRIFECTA production spec software or hardware prior to release must pass our validation process, which calls for a minimum of 100,000+ miles and 100+ hours of full throttle application. We don't want to retail anything that we are not 100 percent confident in overall power, reliability, consistent power delivery, and reliability in adverse conditions. We don't have as many 3.6L ATS test platform vehicles as we do our 2.0T vehicles so its taking a while... We only have a few of these in the wild and they're all not high mileage vehicles; so something like belt life, pulley bearing life, engine accessory component group life, what happens to the haldex AWD transfer case after 100,000 miles, if the transmission will reliably take the power, and head unit reliability testing are all taking a bit longer than anticipated. With that being said, the parts are already in bins sitting on some shelves, and as soon as our validation process and reliability testing is complete these will be ready to go! So at this point, making the power is done and all we're waiting for is the completion of the validation process. Kayla@TRIFECTA
Thanks for the update!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.