Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

363K views 1K replies 159 participants last post by  feiyu809 
#1 ·
I have been chomping at the bit to start this thread, so here goes.

My ATS is strapped to the dyno as I type this :)
Baseline pulls will ensue shortly, then we'll start tearing into this calibration and see what kind of safe, repeatable gains we can offer to the masses.

I'll keep you guys updated as progress is made :devil:

#479 ·
Thanks for posting the new 91 dyno results :)
Two questions:
1- How about 92 octane? In many states we have access to 92 octane, but not to 93. Is there any specific tune for 92? Which tune should be used with 92 fuel, the 91 tune or 93 tune? Is there any advantage in using 92 octane fuel with 91 tune? Or it is waste of money to use higher octane with a lower octane tune?
2- The results for the tune separate itself from stock results after 2.7k RPM. But at lower RPMs the results are pretty much the same. Is there any reason for this? I think in your 93 dyno results there was nothing like this. Or maybe there is some problem with the dyno in California or the method they run the car and the dyno?

#487 ·
Wow, guess I was expecting mid 13 ' s with tune. Was traction poor I.e. 60 ft times? Did u notice kr at higher rpms?

----------

Guess I was expecting too much as stock testing has it at 14.4 1/4 at 94 mph. So .4 or .5 off in the 1/4 was expected from Mike at diablosport. My car feels faster than a 14 sec car, more like a mid to lower 13 with tune, but maybe the awd gives the impression as there is no traction loss when taking off.
Would have been nice to see mike make some test runs with and without the tuning on his auto.

#488 · (Edited)
Wow, guess I was expecting mid 13 ' s with tune. Was traction poor I.e. 60 ft times? Did u notice kr at higher rpms?
I haven't looked at the logs yet, will do that tonight probably. ET was a combination of things, driver mostly. ;) They were running a pro tree, which I've never run before and it was throwing me off (need more practice!). That and trying to build boost against the brakes without spinning on launch was a bit more challenging with the extra torque. The best 60 foot I managed was 1.99, but most were in the 2.2-2.4 range. Running on the stock all season run-flats with no burnout, I can't afford to buy tires any time soon so just seeing what I can get it to do like that for now. I expected a bit more MPH honestly, last month I managed 98.27 on the stock tune. My buddy with a stock '08 135i was still pulling away from me, not by much now but I figured with this tune it would keep up better. Seems more like what I would expect out of the 91 tune. Still a ton of fun though, had a blast and lots of guys at the track were interested in the car and the tune. :)

----------

Guess I was expecting too much as stock testing has it at 14.4 1/4 at 94 mph.
With the RWD in stock tune I managed a 14.35@98.01 mph last month.

#489 ·
I would guess you were seeing some knock up top like we saw on the car from the dyno sheets posted earlier. The ET improvement tells me the extra torque was there but it lost power up top as evident by the lack of meaningful trap speed improvement.

Do you have any mods on the car?

Plan another trip once the final release happens for sure :)

Given these results I'd hope for 13.6-13.7 @ 102 or so in similar conditions with the tune cleaned up.

#498 ·
We saw a peak gain of 53 rwhp on my car, thats a 25% gain in HP on 93 octane...

----------

And, I'm pretty confident the next round of 91 tunes will show some improvement over what that dyno showed, since we have worked with him a bit based on his logs with cali 91.

Thanks

#501 ·
Trinity is a monitor that most people leave mounted in the car, but the tune is flashed so it does not need to state plugged in with either device.

The device is locked to one vehicle for tuning, but the other functions will work in any supported application.

when will this be ready for purchasing for the 14 cts?
we actually tuned a 14 CTS 2.0t the other day. The TCM was not supported off the bat but it's added now. All the 14 CTS tunes are in the current Beta versions, and it looks like the tuner is planning a release this week. He was putting together dyno sheets for the sales and marketing guys today ;)

#507 ·
You could run some of the 100 octane at the Conoco station at 32nd and Wadsworth in Wheat Ridge, but it is about $6 a gallon. I used to run my Saab 9000 low on fuel, put $25 worth in the tank, and have a blast for a few days. But apparently, the ECU on the ATS does not adjust for racing (unleaded) gas, as the Saab would do.

#512 ·
I've given it a couple days, but I'm ready to say that all the little bugs in the newest 93 tune seem to have been worked out and the car drives great now!

I had issues with the initial beta where the car would fall flat on it's face randomly and repeatably when going WOT from between 50-60mph. No idea what the cause was, it didn't go away after switching from 89 to 93 or after refilling at a different station. It also didn't seem to matter if I had custom settings, left the ECM/TCM tunes default, or ran only the ECM tune...it was/is a beta, so bugs are to be expected but like I said, the newest tune fixed all of that. Thanks Mike!

#515 ·
Thats great to hear.

I do have updated tunes for the autos for inTune and Trinity, if anyone would like the latest email me and let me know which tool you have :)

Hey Mike I sent you a pm a while ago and never got a response. Please pm me.
I reply to all PMs, but half the time I get a message about the persons inbox being full, please clear your PMs and resend your question :)

I see the product selector on www.diablosport.com now lists the ATS and CTS with 2.0L Turbo! =D
That may have been a little premature, but its close ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.