Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development - Page 9
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Can you explain the hardness or stiff shifting points you guys are talking about.....
    Atsco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats turbo

Re: Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

Can you explain the hardness or stiff shifting points you guys are talking about..

DiabloMike is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by ikireland View Post
    Can I store multiple tunes on the trinity to change on the fly?
    There is no tuning onthe fly with these PCM's

In addition to the provided tunes, Trinity can hold up to 8 additional custom tunes, inTune has no real limit. Tune changes take all of about 1 minute or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Atsco View Post
    Can you explain the hardness or stiff shifting points you guys are talking about..
    Most any tune will add some line pressure to firm up the shifting, as the sloppy stock shifts feel that way due to slippage, which is never good. I can assure you there is nothing unreasonable about the firm shift tune. You'd never know my trans was tuned until you got into the throttle, and then only because it shifts quicker than stock and the slippage is eliminated.

Downshifts also happen quicker, and the engagement is slightly firmer and feels like it should

Thanks
    Atsco likes this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Mike, can you please keep us updated to any user parameters that you applied to your ats using the device that you liked vs the base 93 oct diablosport tune. Thanks
    For those on the fence about buying, the hp and tq numbers hold through the power band and the price for an intune is so good that if you don't like the tune you could easily recoup most of the money selling it on ebay.

nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T

Can I store multiple tunes on the trinity to change on the fly?
    If you mean Pull over shut the car off write a tune and then go again then yes the tools holds 8 as mike stated.
    However The worst thing anyone can do is write a tune to a vehicle in a gas station parking lot or McDonalds.

Since GM vehicles flash very quickly there is little risk involved however Ever go to a dealership and see them have a battery charger attached to a car during flashing. this is done to prevent power fluctuations that can cause a pcm/tcm whatever to be wiped out. or loose its programing.

Now im sure you saying to yourself "well damn I have to have a charger attached now" that's not what I am saying I am saying flash smart. generally in a location that is ok if something were to go wrong.

So the moral of the story if you are at a track and switching from lets say an NA tune to a Nitrous tune that's one thing. IT has purpose! But if you are just trying to flash from lets say a 91 tune to a 93 canned tune You are wasting your time. Each any every time you flash a car as an end user you are clearing the leaned parameters that the pcm has leaned. this will cause your initial driving to be on the rich side usually, and power will not be felt. TCM flashing is generally the only ting you will feel right away.
    DiabloMike likes this.

ikireland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by nyinstaller
    If you mean Pull over shut the car off write a tune and then go again then yes the tools holds 8 as mike stated. However The worst thing anyone can do is write a tune to a vehicle in a gas station parking lot or McDonalds. Since GM vehicles flash very quickly there is little risk involved however Ever go to a dealership and see them have a battery charger attached to a car during flashing. this is done to prevent power fluctuations that can cause a pcm/tcm whatever to be wiped out. or loose its programing. Now im sure you saying to yourself "well damn I have to have a charger attached now" that's not what I am saying I am saying flash smart. generally in a location that is ok if something were to go wrong. So the moral of the story if you are at a track and switching from lets say an NA tune to a Nitrous tune that's one thing. IT has purpose! But if you are just trying to flash from lets say a 91 tune to a 93 canned tune You are wasting your time. Each any every time you flash a car as an end user you are clearing the leaned parameters that the pcm has leaned. this will cause your initial driving to be on the rich side usually, and power will not be felt. TCM flashing is generally the only ting you will feel right away.

I was a little more so wondering along the lines of getting a tune for the street done and a tune for the track since my car will be seeing a lot more track time after my first couple outtings, more so just remembering back in the day with my old 240sx we had a couple tunes like that loaded into a greedy something or other for different situations. I get what you're saying about the learning time for the PCM and that makes sense. Was more so just thinking out loud and wondering.

vseries, Cuest, cadaddio and 2 others like this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

If you guys can get that trinity screen in the cue screen that would be amazing lol

The 2014 made damn near the same power as mine, a few extra ft/lbs in fact, and man, its hot as all heck today!

This is great news, and gets us one step closer to a release. Still need a Manual trans!!!!
    Atsco likes this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Kinda of like that red diablo with cadillac symbol minus the wreath. Would be a sweet decal for under the hood.
    cadaddio likes this.

I was a little more so wondering along the lines of getting a tune for the street done and a tune for the track since my car will be seeing a lot more track time after my first couple outtings, more so just remembering back in the day with my old 240sx we had a couple tunes like that loaded into a greedy something or other for different situations. I get what you're saying about the learning time for the PCM and that makes sense. Was more so just thinking out loud and wondering.
    yes you can have multiple tunes on the tool to enable different Times IE track, nitrous , boost etc. However that will be part of the custom tuning side of things.

so to outline it .

if you obtain custom tunes the tool will allow you to choose either a canned tune , or custom tune to suit your current needs.

so if you are going to the track you can drive to the track on a street tune then get there load up the tool and switch to the track tune within 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by nyinstaller
    yes you can have multiple tunes on the tool to enable different Times IE track, nitrous , boost etc. However that will be part of the custom tuning side of things. so to outline it . if you obtain custom tunes the tool will allow you to choose either a canned tune , or custom tune to suit your current needs. so if you are going to the track you can drive to the track on a street tune then get there load up the tool and switch to the track tune within 2 minutes.
    Perfect, that's what I'm going for

VQ35DE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    The 2014 made damn near the same power as mine, a few extra ft/lbs in fact, and man, its hot as all heck today!

This is great news, and gets us one step closer to a release. Still need a Manual trans!!!!
    What were the horsepower and ft/lbs gain with the 2014 Mike ?

210hp 233tq base
    248hp 270tq tuned

Car had 950 miles on it

----------

Mistake 301 tq tuned

myATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS LTG 6MT

yummy, come on 6MT!!

270tq stuck in my head as that was the number when we left the ac on for a pull on accident
    exbagboy likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.