Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development - Page 8
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Just ordered an intune myself. Look forward to getting to play around with things over the next couple weeks...
    sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Re: Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

Just ordered an intune myself. Look forward to getting to play around with things over the next couple weeks

DiabloMike is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

We have a 14 auto strapped to the dyno today, just waiting on some builds so we can test production based tools on this car, to make sure it works properly once in everyone's hands

I'll share results once they're in, may be tomorrow morning.

We reeeeeally need a manual trans car for a day or two. If you guys know anyone in the sofla area that might be interested in a Free tune, and Free inTune, tell them to hit me up, mlitsch @ diablosport.com

Thanks
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Atsco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats turbo

When do you think the tune will be released so we can enjoy it?

Well, I dont want to hold it up waiting for a manual, but we're still shooting for the next 10-14 days.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    Well, I dont want to hold it up waiting for a manual, but we're still shooting for the next 10-14 days.
    Can't wait! Track day is the 11th... Trinity should be in my mail box tomorrow

Great, I have a 2013 performance AWD auto turbo. Reading through this post I'm not sure how your tune will increase performance. Also, what's the difference between Intune and Trinity tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Atsco View Post
    Great, I have a 2013 performance AWD auto turbo. Reading through this post I'm not sure how your tune will increase performance. Also, what's the difference between Intune and Trinity tune?
    What do you mean by 'how it will increase performance'?

If you mean by how much, we have seen 50+ rwhp and 60+ ft-lbs of torque.

If you mean how did we find the power, its through optimizing the stock calibration, adding a little boost, etc.

Trinity is a monitor device with built in on screen gauges, virtual drag strip, LED shift lights and gauge alarms, etc. inTune is more of a plug it in, load the tune, and put it away device, both have the same tuning capabilities.

Thanks
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Yes, I should've said ....what kind of increases can we expect.
    Thank you for your answer.

All in.

ikireland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD
    Are we going to be able to change the tcm if we don't like the hardness of shift we get?

Quote Originally Posted by ikireland View Post
    Are we going to be able to change the tcm if we don't like the hardness of shift we get?
    There will be 2 tunes, one a little firmer, one hard, and then there are user adjustable shift pressure settings in the tools as well
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike
    There will be 2 tunes, one a little firmer, one hard, and then there are user adjustable shift pressure settings in the tools as well
    I know there's two tunes, I'm saying if I order the former shifting of the two and don't like it can I switch for the lesser tune or maybe it sounds like I will have the ability to do it on my own with the tool it sounds like?

Quote Originally Posted by ikireland View Post
    I know there's two tunes, I'm saying if I order the former shifting of the two and don't like it can I switch for the lesser tune or maybe it sounds like I will have the ability to do it on my own with the tool it sounds like?
    yes, they are already going to be in the tool. You are ordering an intune or trinity, which supports hundreds of GM, dodge, and ford applications. When you plug it into an ATS 2.0t it will offer you a 91 or 93 octane performance tune and a firm or hard shift tcm tune, either of which can be made to shift firmer or softer using the supplied end user shift pressure parameters.

Thanks
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike
    yes, they are already going to be in the tool. You are ordering an intune or trinity, which supports hundreds of GM, dodge, and ford applications. When you plug it into an ATS 2.0t it will offer you a 91 or 93 octane performance tune and a firm or hard shift tcm tune, either of which can be made to shift firmer or softer using the supplied end user shift pressure parameters. Thanks
    I don't have access to 93. But I use 94, anything special needed to be done for that? Last question, may have been covered already, if so my apologies, a lot of re reading to do though haha if we get the tune, then add down pipe and or intake etc later on, will we be able to charge required parameters for that or is that something that would need a re tune done? ---------- I guess I have more questions, just looking at the trinity right now reading about the gauge options, do u know will there be a way to have a boost sensor installed on the ats so we can see boost? Also can any wideband be used wth the ats? New to this tuning stuff...

No changes needed for 94 octane.
    A downpipe will require a custom tune for full optimization, it requires some extensive changes to dial in fully.

There is a boost gauge in the tool already. It's reporting a peak of 22.5-23psi in my car with the tune currently. It is a measurement of MAP-BARO. I have included the boost gauge in the 2 ATS specific gauge layouts that will show up when you select that vehicle. One is labeled ATS_tuner and has the pids most tuners will want to see for a remote tune, and another just called ATS that has a big tach, big boost gauge, and a few other things like trans temp, IAT 1 & 2, ECT, timing, etc. You can also customize the layouts to your liking or make new ones from scratch. Trinity rocks

Any device that puts out a 0-5V analog signal can be tied into the Trinity and viewed and logged on the tool. This includes most any popular wideband, boost sensor, EGT probe, etc. Trinity and intune each have 2 analog inputs for recording external devices.

Feel free to ask anything you want to know, I consider myself a wealth of knowledge on our products
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Can I store multiple tunes on the trinity to change on the fly?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.