Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

363K views 1K replies 159 participants last post by  feiyu809 
#1 ·
I have been chomping at the bit to start this thread, so here goes.

My ATS is strapped to the dyno as I type this :)
Baseline pulls will ensue shortly, then we'll start tearing into this calibration and see what kind of safe, repeatable gains we can offer to the masses.

I'll keep you guys updated as progress is made :devil:

#276 ·
As a newbie to flashing/tuning, can you mix tunes at all? What I mean is, could I buy the Intune and flash my TCM and have a local tuner dyno tune my car's ECM? Or flash the ECM with a canned tune from vtuner or whomever? If so, is the procedure any different? When can we expect 1/4 mi times?

#278 ·
Wait...are you the one and only SRT4 that doesn't have one of our tuners???
Either way, I will confidently roll up on a stockish SRT4 in my car right now and say bye-bye, although they do run really good with our tunes as well!

I'm sure a manual will show up sooner than later once word gets out.

I'm not the first owner of the SRT so it may have been tweeked. 17-18lbs of boost after 1st gear.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when the manual 2.0t tune is available. I am looking at the 'In-Tune' right now.

Joe

#279 ·
DiabloMike said:
My advice is to not mix different software suites, but if done very carefully and attention is paid it may be doable, but I don't really see why...? Track results are up to Mother Nature at this point. She is not cooperating ;)
Honestly I asked because I assumed Diablo was like other handhelds I'd read about, where you data logged on it, cleared codes on it, and used it to load a tune off a computer and that was about it. I don't know anybody in my area that dyno tunes using anything but HPTuners, so I figured to get a decent tune, I'd need to have someone tune it...but I liked the transmission tune cuz I've always been a fan of 700r4's and th350's with race shift kits or manual valve bodies. After doing due research and seeing that you can really adjust parameters on your own without looking at 500 tables on a laptop that I'm not quite tech/EFI/turbo savy enough to understand and comfortably use, I see that it was kind of a dumb question. I still have a few small reservations about whether you sacrifice some of the finer adjustments available on desktop software (I'm sure you do) for ease of use...but it seemed like a fair enough trade that I bit the bullet and will have an Intune sometime this week.

Being as some guys seem to already be playing with your tune, did you release the beta? Will it show up when I update the tuner or did you email it to whoever requested it?

#280 ·
One of the reasons you can not use two different suits to tune the vehicle is because we have different flashing techniques. there is a thing called a CHECKSUM. and what this does it equal a specific value before and after a flash. other devices like Hp tuners come to that value in there own way. Mixing the two could screw that equation up and cause a no start pissed off PCM. ASK me how I know. LOL. we test various things and usually come across a lot more than the average person.
Currently we are certain You can not mix HP tuners and Diablo products as you will get a p0601 code and a no start with a Pissed off PCM. SO A RECOMENDATION IS TO KEEP THEM SEPERATE.

#281 ·
Thank you Mike for taking the time to sending me the tune this morning,
I'm at work for now but I took a couple minutes to go outside and get the tune running on the car,
It's raining heavily as we speak so It's hard to get a good feel plus I'm suppose to be working :)
But I'm definitely feeling more torque past the 3K mark, which is very nice !

Hopefully It's gonna stop raining by the time I'm done and I'll be get some testing going back home !
I'll keep you updated later on.

Thanks!

#283 · (Edited)
After testing for a a couple miles on my way home, mostly highway and a bit of city driving,
I can say that finally the car feels like it has a turbo.. you can really feel the torque past the 3K mark, and it feels awesome.

I will do some more mileage tonight after diner, some highway but this time mostly city,
One thing tho, anyone else left like lower gears are going by too quickly, the car seem to shift into gear really early or on really low RPM,
I don't know if it's due to the fact that I selected hard shift but by the time that I reach 40 km/h I'm already in third gear (AT SPORT MODE/ TOUR) and you can feel some kind of knock back,
can't really put it onto words, but you know when you shift way too early how it feels like.. It happens mostly on low acceleration (city traffic) ...

Anyone else ?

Thanks again Mike.

#286 · (Edited)
Not that I know of.. actually not a public release through Intune..
Some of us we're sent the tune as a 'beta test' prior to the final release to give some feedback and prepare for a public release.
look at the previous post to see how you can get it via Mike, although, last week he mentioned something about a full release this week, so the wait is almost over :)

----------

It gets to the shift points a lot quicker than it did stock, if thats what you mean?
Sorry for not being very clear about this as english is not my primary language..
It's not that it actually get to shift points alot quicker but I find that It shifts too early,
the car seem to be shifting between 1.5K and 2.0K RPM, it feels like it's shifting too early,
so by that time, at around 35-40 km/h the car is already in 3rd gear
maybe because the shifts we're smoother on stock I didin't actually felt them as much ..
On hard acceleration you really don't feel it, it really feels smooth.
I'll try and revert to stock tonight and get you precise numbers.

#290 ·
Just came back from an a 90 minutes drives around town, and a bit of highway , I wanted to log some numbers with the tune and without the tune but I had way too much fun with it that I didn't go back to stock.. oh well,
as far as what I was talking about in a previous post, I think it's just the fact that with hard shift you do feel the gear change a lot more on low acceleration versus
the stock tune where its really a smooth change that I've never really felt before.

Honestly I couldn't care less about it because the car is so much fun to drive now, It does make a huge difference, you can really feel the turbo now, love it.
I did some logging also, previously on 91 octane on stock , last time I checked I had a couple knocks, this time running on 94 octane with the tune I did not log any knocks at all,
this is on a 20 minutes drive, with about half and half city/highway with very hard acceleration.

I don't know what else to say other than , awesome job to mike and all of his team you did a fantastic job so far!

#301 ·
Actually I had to unwillingly trade the manual in for an auto after the stalling issue nearly caused me to have an accident. Forgot to change my profile, sorry about that.

Why wait? Buy it and load the Beta from Mike :)
I was waiting for the full release just to make sure any bugs are worked out. I haven't really seen anything legit reported, but I have had serious issues with beta platforms before and would feel more confident once Mike gives the full green light.

Anyone have any updates/logs on how the tune is performing? If all the logs are good I'll go ahead and get it today. Thanks

#299 ·
I think you will really enjoy the firm shift tune, it's only firm when you want it to be ;)

As Jon mentioned, you have the option to flash PCM and TCM, just PCM, or just TCM with intune.

trinity will force you to flash both, but you have the modify stock tune option which applies no changes unless you make them yourself.

#306 ·
Need some help here not sure where I am going wrong

It asks to backup PCM calibration , when I do it says Unknown PCM and will only allow me to tune the TCM. Here is the info log

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<tool_info> <main svn="7288" sw_rev="1r03w" full_version="InTune-1r03w 03/13/2014 03:12:59 PM"/> <registration status="0" sn="K8ZMB1F-7"/> <cal_id CM2="22872238, 23114468, 22872264" CM1="24265260, 24267589, 24267587, 24266587" PCM="12656454, 12655810, 12657178, 12638535, 12644462, 12655815, 12655823, 12655818"/> <restore bc="0" vin="1G6AB5RX8D0145209" id="0"/> <system_db vin="1r01c" dtc="1r01a" info="1r01b"/> <db pid="1r01b" tune="1r01d" mfr="DCX"/> <db pid="1r01b" tune="1r01r" mfr="FORD"/> <db pid="1r01a" tune="1t02bb" mfr="GM"/> -<license tuned="1" avail="1"> <tuned vin="1G6AB5RX8D0145209"/> </license> <updates count="1"/> <oem tool_oem="DIABLO"/> <reg reg="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"/> </tool_info>

Mike I emailed you the "unknown PCM" tune in case you need to see it

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.