Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development - Page 7
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hopefully, the ats update is released before the 30 day guarantee, just in case I get one that don't power ...
    tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Re: Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

Hopefully, the ats update is released before the 30 day guarantee, just in case I get one that don't power up.

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Any extra tune cost for us guys with CAIs and DPs already? I think I may be looking to jump on board soon...

ontogenesis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 3.6, 2013 ATS 2.0T
    I thought the active aero shutters only closed off the grill to make the care more aerodynamic at speed...I don't remember reading anything about it affecting air to the intake...

Since some of us have already ordered their diablosport handhelds and waiting for the ats update, I have a question regarding the push button start and run position. On the dodges, most guys would pull out the push button start and use the key when tuning. Whats the recommendation when tuning the ats that doesn't have a key and only push button start?

----------

Shutters do not affect air going into the intake.

VQ35DE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T

It blocks the air from the coolant radiator and the A/C condenser. There are 3 shutters in the upper grille. It does effect IAT to some extent.

I agree and don't care for the active shutters, considering mine were defective and created an overheating issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    I agree and don't care for the active shutters, considering mine were defective and created an overheating issue.
    I agree 100%. They HAVE to cause higher engine compartment temps !

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by sqkid89 View Post
    Any extra tune cost for us guys with CAIs and DPs already? I think I may be looking to jump on board soon...
    Yes, that will require a custom tune to dial it in since you are using non-stock parts, but can be done easily via email with a little logging and tweaking, or on the dyno.

Since some of us have already ordered their diablosport handhelds and waiting for the ats update, I have a question regarding the push button start and run position. On the dodges, most guys would pull out the push button start and use the key when tuning. Whats the recommendation when tuning the ats that doesn't have a key and only push button start?[COLOR="Silver"]
    Push and hold the button for secveral seconds until the dash lights up and then you are in Run mode. It will time out rather quickly in ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
    I agree 100%. They HAVE to cause higher engine compartment temps !
    I have been driving around with my trinity monitoring the car and I have yet to see ECT come off 188*...these things run plenty cool for a late model car (most of the factory V8 cars run well over 210*).

Thanks

----------

Hopefully, the ats update is released before the 30 day guarantee, just in case I get one that don't power up.
    Power it up, select a new GM like a C7, and start logging, monitoring, use the drag tree, etc, no need to wait on the tuning update, the rest of the tool will work fine

I went through all the available PIDs in the Trinity yesterday, and it had all the goods like WG duty cycle%, OL EQ ratio, spark, knock, boost, fuel trims, O2 voltages, misfire data, etc.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Mike, so I can plug the intune in the obd port and select c7 and use the intune to data log? Thanks. Good to know I can log even without pairing the handheld to the car.

myATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS LTG 6MT

Any numbers/info for us with crappy Cali 91?

Mike, so I can plug the intune in the obd port and select c7 and use the intune to data log? Thanks. Good to know I can log even without pairing the handheld to the car.
    With intune, no vehicle to select (I was referring to Trinity). Just plug the intune in, go to scan tool/data logging/record, and it will start logging from our default PID list.

To edit the list, go to configure, click ones you want to remove or replace, and go to the bottom and click add new pid to select new ones to add to the list. After you save the logs on the device, upload them to a PC using our Dataviewer software for playback.

FWIW, the inTune will log/read/clear codes on most late model GM, Ford and Chrysler applications

----------

Quote Originally Posted by myATS View Post
    Any numbers/info for us with crappy Cali 91?
    Figure an approximate 8-10 rwhp difference with 91 vs the 93 tunes. We don't have access to 91 fuel so its tough to provide actual numbers.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

myATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS LTG 6MT

Do you have a list of those who offer e-tunes?

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
    It blocks the air from the coolant radiator and the A/C condenser. There are 3 shutters in the upper grill. I never said that it blocked the intake.
    That means it also blocks air to the I-C.

Quote Originally Posted by myATS View Post
    Do you have a list of those who offer e-tunes?
    I dont...there is a dealer locator on our site that will show any dealers within a 200 mile radius of you. I'll check with some of our GM tuners to see who has played with the ATS stuff a bit

----------

Bummer, looks like the track is getting a good bit of rain as I type this, been watching a storm move in for the last couple hours. Typical afternoon pattern here in the summer. We're shooting for next Wednesday
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    That means it also blocks air to the I-C.
    Yep and it also effects the air intake some too. I have had mine out to inspect it so I know that for a fact. I sure hope the GM software guy can turn it OFF. Just a stupid idea to do to a turbo engine to start with. Maybe Mike can get them to try at least.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.