Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

363K views 1K replies 159 participants last post by  feiyu809 
#1 ·
I have been chomping at the bit to start this thread, so here goes.

My ATS is strapped to the dyno as I type this :)
Baseline pulls will ensue shortly, then we'll start tearing into this calibration and see what kind of safe, repeatable gains we can offer to the masses.

I'll keep you guys updated as progress is made :devil:

#243 ·
the trinity will shut down when it stops receiving messages from the car. However you can go to options , change monitor sleep and raise it to 30 seconds. and that should be perfect.

Glad you guys are enjoying it. As said this is a beta release so we need folks feedback. SO far we only have our two cars and another that came to the shop. So any pros cons etc please post so we can see what others are experiencing. I will tell you Both Mike and myself have gone back and fourth with the tuner to adjust some things. so since this is a beta release OR SOFT release Please do the same.

Mike and I have owned the cars since mid September and have desperately been pushing for support. So glad that day has finally come not only for us but for others. The cars have good potential. Now we just opened up the flood gates for manufactures to build some new stuff. I need to upgrade my turbo anyone know where I can get a better exhaust manifold. ???

Happy Fourth from the crew here at diablo.

#244 ·
Just back from my first ride. Wow, its nice.

First, make sure you know what the ON position is. I made this mistake, I know I won't be the only. Hold down the Start button on the car until the green light comes on. Otherwise its not going to work. Count to 8, you'll know it.

As for driveability, you can still cruise around like nothing's new if you want to granny it. Which I usually kinda do, since I like MPG. However, put your foot into it, and its a different car.

We've got some less than good weather going on over here right now, so I can't play around too much, but I can wait to do some logging, get things a bit more dialed in, and play around some more. Thanks guys!

#249 ·
The 91 tunes are there, everything has gone really well today (as expected ;)), so I am planning a full release Monday or Tuesday.
Just sent my info file, can't wait to give this a try a little bit later :D
I got your file but I can't get it to the tuner to bounce it off of him at this point, but I don't anticipate any issues. Even if a cal is unsupported the tool will read it and ask you to send it to us. If I can find a way to get to the update I'll shoot it to you.

Mike did your GM tuner find any differences in the OEM tables or OEM tunes between your and nyinstaller's cars (2013's) vs the 2014 car that was dropped off there the other day for it's tune ?
I recall there are only 3 total cals for the auto cars, 2 13s and a 14.
Everyone I saw today was the same set of PCM/TCM cals ;)

I randomly sent nyinstaller the same updates the other day and he flashed a random 14. So far everything we have seen is fully supported.

Thanks to those who have provided feedback, and keep it coming. Like Jon said, we want to hear it all. We can make changes via custom tunes if needed, and then apply those changes to all tunes in a new database if we so choose, so nobody will ever be stuck with an issue or problem.

Enjoy, and happy Fourth!!!

#246 ·
Nyinstaller, I am sure the ats community here definitely appreciates all of your and Mike's effort in getting this beta tune released. The car finally feels like it has a turbo. So far no issues from me except the one time the 1-2 shift held up at 4k rpms. It actually felt like a manual or like I was using the paddle shifters in manual mode. I had to blip the throttle a few times to get it to shift into second. This was with t/c off and in sport mode, felt like the trans was holding 1st gear and waiting for me to give it hell.

#252 ·
Wait...are you the one and only SRT4 that doesn't have one of our tuners???
Either way, I will confidently roll up on a stockish SRT4 in my car right now and say bye-bye, although they do run really good with our tunes as well!

I'm sure a manual will show up sooner than later once word gets out.

Anyone know what folder or where the stock tune is saved to? Also, is it recommended to copy the stock tune to your pc hard drive that way it is on your computer and also on the intune handheld itself.
the tunes are in the tunes folder on the intune drive. No need to save backups really, the tool will always store them internally. The files on the intune drive are simply exported copies of the files it stores internally ;)

#254 ·
This might be a dumb question, but if I am reading everything correctly, folks on this thread are buying a tune from Diablo, which is different than Trifecta? Both basically do the same thing, improve stock performance by increasing various things correct?

I purchased the Trifecta tune a while ago and I am going to get the Dyno results of that tune in the next few weeks, I'll post the results, but I suspect they will be close to what you folks are experiencing correct?

#255 ·
mrasmussen said:
This might be a dumb question, but if I am reading everything correctly, folks on this thread are buying a tune from Diablo, which is different than Trifecta? Both basically do the same thing, improve stock performance by increasing various things correct? I purchased the Trifecta tune a while ago and I am going to get the Dyno results of that tune in the next few weeks, I'll post the results, but I suspect they will be close to what you folks are experiencing correct?

Folks are not buying a tune. They are buying a handheld flashing device that gives them full access to not only the provided canned tunes but full ability to obtain custom tunes from anyone with cmr diablo software. Which means you are not locked into one tuning company. Not only that. You have the ability to read and clear codes Datalog directly from the unit then export to a tuner of choice. And if you purchased a trinity you can monitor your cars every move more or less. Outside of afr in real time on the unit it self.
And the biggest. Diablosport products do not leave a "I've been here foot print "

----------

Outside of afr unless you add a wideband system and use the analog input on either a trinity or Intune.

#267 ·
Folks are not buying a tune. They are buying a handheld flashing device that gives them full access to not only the provided canned tunes but full ability to obtain custom tunes from anyone with cmr diablo software. Which means you are not locked into one tuning company. Not only that. You have the ability to read and clear codes Datalog directly from the unit then export to a tuner of choice. And if you purchased a trinity you can monitor your cars every move more or less. Outside of afr in real time on the unit it self.
And the biggest. Diablosport products do not leave a "I've been here foot print "

----------

Outside of afr unless you add a wideband system and use the analog input on either a trinity or Intune.
THIS. Exactly why I waited for this tune.
#1 Open capabilities.
#2 No worries with dealership warranties

#257 ·
For anyone waiting. I am not sure if mike is sending the beta file out still as we have left the office for the Holliday. I'm sure he will chime in and update those who are waiting. The update process will not give you ATS support as the file is a custom beta version.

----------

mrasmussen said:
so is diablo offering a tune as well as the handheld device? I have read a few people saying they are feeling the car pull much harder, that would suggest a new tune.
The handheld device contains the tunes. We have designed our own in house dyno tune developed from our tuning software.

This is not a USB flash cable.

#260 ·
Mike, noticed this morning the same thing with it holding in first gear like in manual mode. Sport mode on, going wot let off the throttle before it shifted in 2nd and the rpms hung at 5k for a while. Had to keep bliping the throttle for a while and it finally finished the shift.

#263 ·
I never noticed it holding the rpm that long before, but you are probably right. I will try it in tour mode to see if I can replicate the same situation. Otherwise everything else feels great. When you do the full release, will us beta guys have to return to stock then do the auto update? Thanks and enjoy the holiday weekend.

----------

Ikireland, thanks for chiming in. I never noticed it hanging for that long reminds me of manual mode with the paddle shifters. But now wot is much more fun.

#264 ·
tahawk69 said:
I never noticed it holding the rpm that long before, but you are probably right. I will try it in tour mode to see if I can replicate the same situation. Otherwise everything else feels great. When you do the full release, will us beta guys have to return to stock then do the auto update? Thanks and enjoy the holiday weekend. ---------- Ikireland, thanks for chiming in. I never noticed it hanging for that long reminds me of manual mode with the paddle shifters. But now wot is much more fun.
I have noticed many times on sport mode on mine, of I accelerate hard around a corner and then let off throttle and coast it will hang up in that gear for a while before up shifting. Good if you are actually at a track and need to coast for a second editing a corner and the accelerate for example, keeps you in boost and you keep on going haha

#265 ·
Yeah, I didn't recall you saying it was in sport the first time, but we were convinced in the office that it was a sport mode thing. It's actually an awesome feature when needed :)

No need to restore with intune to update, trinity requires that you restore before updating however.

Dealer had my car for the last 3 days (oh yeah, rolled right in there with the tune installed...and, a giant diablosport windshield banner, don't try this at home :)), and I have been loving the tune all over again. Nothing like a POS cruze to make your ATS feel like a Vette!

#266 · (Edited)
Normal. Its the vehicle going into PAL mode when it detects certain dynamic behavior. And for those who still get TC blinking when its shut off, if you hold the TC button down for 5 seconds or so then it is at the least restrictive mode for both TC and Stability management. I don't know if they are completely disabled as most manufacturers like to leave some sort of driver assistance at all times but it is definitely less intrusive and dangerous.

#268 · (Edited by Moderator)
curious to see what you come up with. I would expect to see at least 15-16 psi on the stock tune.
Check the little canister filter in front of the turbo to make sure it's not clogged?
Once you sort out the stock issues, we'll make it go even faster :)
Likewise. I need to see what's going on here, as I am used to tuning imports (long story), and I've never had a vehicle act this quirky. I can tell you the car IS slow for some reason. TC off, in Sport mode, perfect launch on well prepped track, ZERO wheel spin, 2.34 60 ft, so car came out of hole ok, but then immediately laid down as evidenced by the 81 mph at the big end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.