Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development - Page 5
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; This is so tempting! I am starting to consider using an aftermarket tune. But please let me ask a hard ...
    ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Re: Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

This is so tempting! I am starting to consider using an aftermarket tune. But please let me ask a hard question! What about warranty? I know that anyone who tunes his engine, is accepting the risk, and there is always a possibility that if something happens the dealer declines warranty work. Any special comment on this?

One of the main reasons that I decided to pay for a brand new car is the convenience of warranty.

Mattthieu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD

As a new member on the forum and owner of a new 14 ATS , I have been following that thread very closely, I am very much interested in buying that tune for my car, although I have a quick question regarding the hardware,
    I was about to purchase the intune hardware from the website,

- If I buy the intune now , even tho the tune for ATS is not ready it will become available on the hardware when it's relased ? (at extra charge or is it included?)
    - When using intune I understand that I am 'flashing my ECM/TCM , sorry if its not the right wording but..., can I flash it back to original for warranty purposes ? (maintenance work at dealer) ?
    - Does the tune only run on 93 octane ?
    - Do I need anything else than Intune to make it work , any accessories ?

Thank you very much !
    JCulhane likes this.

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

The dyno numbers alone are impressive, but I would love to see some real world 1/4 mile times with and without the tune. Any chance Mike or nyinstaller will be hitting the track soon?

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Mattthieu View Post
    As a new member on the forum and owner of a new 14 ATS , I have been following that thread very closely, I am very much interested in buying that tune for my car, although I have a quick question regarding the hardware,
    I was about to purchase the intune hardware from the website,

- If I buy the intune now , even tho the tune for ATS is not ready it will become available on the hardware when it's relased ? (at extra charge or is it included?)
    - When using intune I understand that I am 'flashing my ECM/TCM , sorry if its not the right wording but..., can I flash it back to original for warranty purposes ? (maintenance work at dealer) ?
    - Does the tune only run on 93 octane ?
    - Do I need anything else than Intune to make it work , any accessories ?

Thank you very much !
    updates are free, the tool saves the stock tune and allows you to restore at any time, there will be 91 and 93 octane tunes, and no, nothing else is required.

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    The dyno numbers alone are impressive, but I would love to see some real world 1/4 mile times with and without the tune. Any chance Mike or nyinstaller will be hitting the track soon?
    I'm with you...if we can get a dry day in, nyinstaller, our GM tuner, and myself plan to hit the track. I will make a few stock and tuned passed to see what the real world gains are. I have a good feeling it's going to be impressive
    We're shooting for test & tune this Wednesday at PBIR.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    This is so tempting! I am starting to consider using an aftermarket tune. But please let me ask a hard question! What about warranty? I know that anyone who tunes his engine, is accepting the risk, and there is always a possibility that if something happens the dealer declines warranty work. Any special comment on this?

One of the main reasons that I decided to pay for a brand new car is the convenience of warranty.
    No worries, our tools leave no trace of having flashed the PCM, so there is nothing for the dealer to see.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ontogenesis View Post
    When will we get to see the base and tuned dyno numbers from the car with the CAI and DP? What kind of flexibility does Diablo offer to support mods like those, water/meth, better IC's, and whatever may come in the future?
    We ran out of time with nyinstallers car (BNR dp, pfadt cai) on the dyno Friday, but not before it was making about 30 ft-lbs over my car. Our cmr software will support just about any level of mods, including e85
    Baselines for his car are not doable, as it has been wearing the dp and CAI for some time now. We did pull it with the stock tune and it made less power than my car did stock, so the 'gains from the tune' look huge....like 100 ft-lbs huge!
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

probee773 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm so in on the group buy when it happens!

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    I'm with you...if we can get a dry day in, nyinstaller, our GM tuner, and myself plan to hit the track. I will make a few stock and tuned passed to see what the real world gains are. I have a good feeling it's going to be impressive
    We're shooting for test & tune this Wednesday at PBIR.
    And 0-60 time too, please!
    Atsco likes this.

Wonder why nyinstaller dynoed less than mikes stock car when nyinstaller has the intake and dp on stock tune? Maybe timing was being pulled by the ecm. Hopefully someone with similar experience with the ats ecm will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    Wonder why nyinstaller dynoed less than mikes stock car when nyinstaller has the intake and dp on stock tune? Maybe timing was being pulled by the ecm. Hopefully someone with similar experience with the ats ecm will chime in.
    we didn't look into it too hard, we only pulled it for curiosity's sake. It's an absolute animal to drive now, and the sounds coming from the dp are awesome.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

I'm confused, you don't sell direct but online we can get the Trinity from your site? Sounds like we just are waiting on the tune file.

nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T

Diablo's Online site is controlled by a company called SHOPATRON. yes the tool will most likely ship from our warehouse but we do not handle the money part of things.

I have contacted a vendor a few days ago to guage their interest in a group buy. Just waiting on their response.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce2.0T View Post
    I'm confused, you don't sell direct but online we can get the Trinity from your site? Sounds like we just are waiting on the tune file.
    Yeah, as Jon mentioned, shopatron handles the online sales, but they push the orders through their dealer network so it ships from the nearest retailer that has it in stock, and if nobody has it, it ships from us.

There are other retailers that offer free shipping, etc

----------

A quick look at the supporting vendor list has Maryland Speed jumping out to me as someone who moves a bunch of our product
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Thanks Mike, they were the first i contacted regarding a gb. Just waiting to hear back.

----------

I am sure we should be able to get at least 10-15 members who would buy.

So after a full weekend with the tune loaded, I can find no faults. You could get in this car, and drive it normally and never know it was making an extra 50 rwhp, but once you give it some throttle there is no question.

The trans is on point, nothing harsh at all, just slightly quicker shifts when called for by all that extra torque.

I have read just about every review of a 2.0T tune that has been posted here, and while all seemed to be happy with the power, it seems there was always a 'but' somewhere, whether it was shifting, or throttle related, etc.
    I know my thoughts on the tune can seem rather biased, but this is my car. Our tuner was walking on egg shells waiting for my approval of how it drove, as he knew I had set some really high standards for how I thought it should be, and he nailed it.

I can't wait to get this 14 in here Thursday, so he can offer some third party thoughts on the tune, and please, someone find me a manual!!
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

PetrolHead is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 Standard Red Obsession 6MT

I wish you weren't so far away, I'd drive down there in a second.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.