Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by tahawk69 So, when will we see a group buy for the trinity and intune available for all ...
    myATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS LTG 6MT

Re: Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    So, when will we see a group buy for the trinity and intune available for all us interested.
    I am definitely in for a GB.

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Mike(diablosport), did you log any knock or timing retard while road testing the 93 octane tune with the high humidity and air temps?

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Mike(diablosport), did you log any knock or timing retard while road testing the 93 octane tune with the high humidity and air temps?
    Nope, no sign of any KR so far. It did knock on the stock tune a little bit
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

GROUP BUY FOR SURE. Already in

As a manufacturer, we don't sell direct, nor are we looking to compete with any retailers here who sell our products.
    You guys should check with one of the forum vendors to get a group buy worked out. I'm sure there are a few who would be glad to work with you on this

FWIW, there's not really any need to wait, whether you are looking at an inTune or a trinity, you can buy now and update as soon as we release the new applications that support the ATS if you desire.

As for me, I have plans to cover a bunch of miles today, but I have nowhere to be, it's that much fun to drive.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

myATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS LTG 6MT

Vennnndooooors, where are you?

Mike, couple questions before I buy and am sure others on here have similar questions as well.

You seem to like the adjustments that were made to the tcm. Will the tcm tune also be included or is that extra?
    Will we be able to adjust any parameters I.e. tire sizes, increase idle rpm, throttle input % like the dodges, etc?
    Also, I know you said we can buy a handheld now then wait for the program release, but when will the 2.0t programming be available?
    Thanks

----------

Hopefully one of the vendors jumps on this. Start the presale of the handheld, an we can start lining up like when there's a release of a new iphone.
    myATS likes this.

Mike, couple questions before I buy and am sure others on here have similar questions as well.

You seem to like the adjustments that were made to the tcm. Will the tcm tune also be included or is that extra?
    Will we be able to adjust any parameters I.e. tire sizes, increase idle rpm, throttle input % like the dodges, etc?
    Also, I know you said we can buy a handheld now then wait for the program release, but when will the 2.0t programming be available?
    Thanks

----------

Hopefully one of the vendors jumps on this. Start the presale of the handheld, an we can start lining up like when there's a release of a new iphone.
    good questions...

TCM tunes are indeed included. There will possibly be 2 TCM tunes to choose from, firm and hard. You will also be able to further modify the TCM tunes by adjusting shift points and firmness, to fit your needs.
    There will also indeed be user params for the PCM. I'll have to discuss with the tuner what specific params will be offered, but tire size, idle speed, rev/speed limits, WOT spark and fuel controls are all but guaranteed. Throttle stuff gets tricky, but it may be doable like we offer on the C7 and new GM trucks. We'll also look into maybe offering some level of boost control, like we offer to the SRT4 guys.

The tools are also obviously internet updateable, thus anytime we find something new or want to add some new stuff, you just update the tool and it's there, between that, user params, and custom tuning options through our cmr tuners, nobody is 'stuck' with the tune out of the box, and the tuner will be able to grow with you through any level of mods you plan in the future

----------

As for the 'when' part....

I have a local 14 auto coming in Thursday for some tool testing and tune validation. I would really like to get a manual in here as well, and once that's done, we should be ready for a release. I'm shooting for 2 weeks....but don't hold me to that
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Nice job! I'm glad to see an aftermarket tune that has good TQ and holds the HP out to around 6500. Hopefully your results finally bust the myth that the ATS has no top end.

Just one favor to ask. Please scale your graphs with HP and TQ on the same scale so that the lines cross in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
    Nice job! I'm glad to see an aftermarket tune that has good TQ and holds the HP out to around 6500. Hopefully your results finally bust the myth that the ATS has no top end.

Just one favor to ask. Please scale your graphs with HP and TQ on the same scale so that the lines cross in the right place.
    honestly, if it hadn't been 5:30 on Friday, and I had actually looked (closer) at that graph, I wouldn't have posted it
    I'll have a rescaled one up Monday.

----------

Well, I like this. Interesting that my car made the exact same rwhp as a V6 model did, and about 80 extra ft-lbs of torque

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ats-today.html

So, for less than $400 we're offering V6 HP levels and butt loads more torque....what's the GM premium for the V6 upgrade???
    ben.gators likes this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

VQ35DE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T

Mike can they program out (or off) the Active Aero Grille Shutters ? Pulling the fuse for it will set a couple of codes. Sort of like how you can turn off the 1-4 skip shift on manual trans. I think the shutters are a DUMB idea anyway !

Never really thought about that, is there any benefit to disabling it?
    What codes does it throw?
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

ontogenesis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 3.6, 2013 ATS 2.0T
    When will we get to see the base and tuned dyno numbers from the car with the CAI and DP? What kind of flexibility does Diablo offer to support mods like those, water/meth, better IC's, and whatever may come in the future?

From my experience with Diablo sport and dodge, I know they have cmr tuners that offer custom tunes for serious mods. You have to send data logs and they can create a custom tune. For what I've heard from the cts v guys, if you only have a short ram intake then the regular 93 octane tune should still be sufficient and safe, now if you add a catless downpipe that will change things and their custom tune would probably be the best bet. I currently have an intake and was definitely thinking of running with the 93 octane diablo sport tune. The closer to stock then the more accurate the regular tune would be, the more mods you add then the farther the parameters from stock become which then requires custom tunes. I do know a few guys that were very happy with their custom cmr tune on their cars. I am sure Mike will chime in and give us some insight.

----------

Based on the results Mike posted this has to be one of the best bang for buck ats mods that can be done in your own driveway.

VQ35DE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    Never really thought about that, is there any benefit to disabling it?
    What codes does it throw?
    The benefit would be NOT to shut off the airflow to a 2.0L turbo engine at anytime. Period ! Just a stupid idea to increase CAFE a tiny amount. I do not remember the two codes mine stored , but the fuse is #70 in the engine compartment. If they can do it and NOT set off any codes that would be a big plus for performance and reliability ! I put my fuse back in to get rid of the check engine light. This would be a big deal for these engines in my opinion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.