Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development - Page 32
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by oemtech Mike, while you at it hook me up also. I have Trinity..... please shot me an ...
    DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

Quote Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
    Mike, while you at it hook me up also.

I have Trinity.....
    please shot me an email to remind me for Monday, mlitsch @ diablosport.com

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveJuicySteak View Post
    The trinity will store the stock map so that I can reflash it for maintenance work right? Can I get the 91 map please??
    yes, it reads and saves the stock PCM (and tcm) tunes before it will let you load a new tune, and you can easily restore in a few minutes anytime.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Bryce2.0T is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

I'll log more tomorrow. I sent 4 last email Mike. The PIDs are so large I think its causing my Intune to freeze up when saving. Ill record it, hit stop, hit play log, get the "play controls" notification, then the Intune locks up and can't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce2.0T View Post
    I'll log more tomorrow. I sent 4 last email Mike. The PIDs are so large I think its causing my Intune to freeze up when saving. Ill record it, hit stop, hit play log, get the "play controls" notification, then the Intune locks up and can't do anything.
    OK, I as thinking you had trinity, so we could get the new pid list, the logs you sent previously don't really have enough data to show us what's going on.

Are you just logging directly to the tool?
    No need to stream to DV.

Thanks
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

soop3rn0t is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    Are you seeing that through the rpms or maybe just as a quick blip on the shifts?
    Doesn't appear to line up with shifts. Only had time to grab one quick log so far, I'll see if I can get a few more in the next couple of days and send them to you. Assuming the new "ats_tuner" layout will log enough to be helpful? If the weather cooperates I'll be heading to the drag strip on Friday night as well.

ILoveJuicySteak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0t

so..... can I have the 91 map??? thanks for answering my other question, but this one remains.

oemtech is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T/Auto

I have my Trinity all updated and will load and test the tune tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to get the car on a Mobil dyno this w/e. If I can I will try for a before and after.

soop3rn0t is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T RWD

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveJuicySteak View Post
    so..... can I have the 91 map??? thanks for answering my other question, but this one remains.
    See Mike's post from a few days ago, he has been sending out files if you email him.

Marylandspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

Remember guys, we have a great forum member price on Diablo! Just PM, or call us @ 443-730-9428!
    vseries likes this.

coupdegrace is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Just loaded up the DiabloSport tune on my 2013 6MT. So far so good. Can feel a little more power, but my butt dyno is not so sensitive these days.

On another note, first time I tried to load the time, the InTune did not recognize my car. Unrecognized CAL or something. Mike got a new version of the tune out to me in a couple days and now all is well. Cheers!

VQ35DE is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T

No rush Mike. Get it right before the initial release !

tunedATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T 6M LUX

Quote Originally Posted by coupdegrace View Post
    Just loaded up the DiabloSport tune on my 2013 6MT. So far so good. Can feel a little more power, but my butt dyno is not so sensitive these days.

On another note, first time I tried to load the time, the InTune did not recognize my car. Unrecognized CAL or something. Mike got a new version of the tune out to me in a couple days and now all is well. Cheers!
    Hey Coup...My fellow 2013 6MT owner...I'm trying to send you a PM but your box is full....Got a couple questions for you...

coupdegrace is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by tunedATS View Post
    Hey Coup...My fellow 2013 6MT owner...I'm trying to send you a PM but your box is full....Got a couple questions for you...
    7 message limit... pretty ridiculous. Includes Sent messages too. Just cleared out my mailbox.

91 octane results are in

This was tested independently on a Manual ATS 2.0T in California. You can see from the dyno where it was tested, and imagine what he might be doing with the car
    He also got us some good logs so we will make some minor tweaks since he is willing to test with us.

Here are his notes on the tune:

Great tune and it seems you guys have full control over this ECU which is refreshing to see.
    Everything is nice and smooth and you can actually tell the power band is like a turbo car now with the added torque.

Graphs:
    Attached Files
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Thanks for posting the new 91 dyno results
    Two questions:
    1- How about 92 octane? In many states we have access to 92 octane, but not to 93. Is there any specific tune for 92? Which tune should be used with 92 fuel, the 91 tune or 93 tune? Is there any advantage in using 92 octane fuel with 91 tune? Or it is waste of money to use higher octane with a lower octane tune?
    2- The results for the tune separate itself from stock results after 2.7k RPM. But at lower RPMs the results are pretty much the same. Is there any reason for this? I think in your 93 dyno results there was nothing like this. Or maybe there is some problem with the dyno in California or the method they run the car and the dyno?

1. I would use the 91 tune with 92 octane.

2. None of the dyno sheets I posted started nearly that low of an rpm, that's just what it takes to get the turbo to come on. It's tough to pull an auto down that low.
    ben.gators likes this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.