Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

363K views 1K replies 159 participants last post by  feiyu809 
#1 ·
I have been chomping at the bit to start this thread, so here goes.

My ATS is strapped to the dyno as I type this :)
Baseline pulls will ensue shortly, then we'll start tearing into this calibration and see what kind of safe, repeatable gains we can offer to the masses.

I'll keep you guys updated as progress is made :devil:

#1,038 ·
Mike, do you know the TSB numbers for the rough idle on 2014 ATS 2.0's? My car is at the dealer right now for the sunroof recall and they say it's "normal operation." I want to be able to point them to a specific TSB.

I don't want to not have it done and then get your tune. I want to make sure everything is squared away with the car before installing your tune.

#1,031 ·
We had our 2.0L Turbo plugs changed and they also cleaned out the throttle body and intake track. When we got the car home it was so slow. B4 with the diablo tune it would hang b4 shifting at upper rpms. Put the updated Diablo tune on and now it goes to redline and shifts with no issues. I use to hear audible detonation, but not anymore. The car moves out much smoother now. I actualy got a little neck jerk from this little motor if you can believe that.

#1,050 ·
I tried to read through the thread to find info on how this actually works, I understand if you don't want to share specifics, but what does the tune actually do? As far as I can understand it, what happens is that it tweaks the "configuration" (for a lack of a better word) of the cars computer systems which controls the engine?

I'm not a car guy (my 2014 ATS is my first car), but work as a programmer so I understand all the technical jargon about programming, etc.

#1,042 ·
Mike First of all thanks for keeping this tread going and still answering questions!!!

2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

IT might have been mentioned in this 70 page thread but i have a few questions

1. Trinity or intune (which is needed for a 1 time use type upgrade?)
(do you have to keep the device plugged in?)

2. Is your program set up where the touring mode will run just like stock and by hitting the "mode" button in the car to "Sport" will activate the tune?

I put about 900 miles per week on my car for work. So how has the MPG rating been when driven normal?

I basically want the performance but also need the MPG to be there when not having fun.

Thanks in advance

#1,044 ·
My 2.0 AWD ATS is a real dog from a dead stop. It takes about 1.5 -2 seconds before the car starts to move. Is that normal turbo lag? Just normal 2.0 performance? Or something else?

BTW, I have the intune and I did the 91 octane first even though I'm using 93 octane. I cannot change the tune cause the thing froze up on me without storing my base tune so the intune is dead until I get the car reflashed.

#1,051 ·
Fair enough, you may appreciate this explaination:

The PCM is flash based. We first ask the PCM to unlock itself by passing the seed/key routine.
Once it is unlocked, a simple command will allow you to read out the calibration area.
Once you have saved a good read, we allow you to load a new 'tune', which is an edited calibration.
We then erase the flash, and rewrite the new file to the PCM.
This new file is the result of many hours of dyno and street time with these cars in an effort to optimize the calibration for an increase in power and torque without affecting drivability. Things like timing, fueling, boost levels, and torque management are all taken into consideration when developing these tunes.
We take all the time and R&D and pack it in a neat little handheld device that you can use to tune your car in your driveway, in a matter of minutes.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

#1,052 ·
Hey!

Thanks for the explanation, I sort of assumed something like this (as I stated, I'm a programmer by day), it's amazing that you can get something like +50 HP from it though, pretty blown away by that, very cool!

I'm sure you've answered this question before in this thread and I also understand if you can't give a "definitive" answer, but does this stuff in any way affect things like engine longevity, etc.?

----------

Sorry for spamming this thread, but I had another question, I checked your site for more info on the tuning but I have one question:

I can only see 93 and 91 octane tunes, but where I live the lowest you can get is 95 and a lot of stations only have 98/99 octane gas.

----------

Would the 93/91 tunes work for 98/99 fuel? (I only use 98/99)

#1,062 · (Edited)
If your not running the lates udate you missing it.

I have been running the stock tune for a few weeks as I had to take the car in for an oil change. I also wanted to get some base line measurements via my scan gauge. I loaded the new revison and can say this by far the best tune yet... Me, I turned off torque management, increased the rev limit by 200 rpm, seleced firm shift and turned off the speed limiter.

#1,063 ·
If your not running the lates udate you missing it.

I have been running the stock tune for a few weeks as I had to take the car in for an oil change. I also wanted to get some base line measurements via my scan gauge. I loaded the new revison and can say this by far the best tune yet... Me, I turned off torque management, increased the rev limit by 200 rpm and turned off the speed limiter.

Did you use Firm or Hard shift ?

#1,065 ·
oemtech said:
If your not running the lates udate you missing it. I have been running the stock tune for a few weeks as I had to take the car in for an oil change. I also wanted to get some base line measurements via my scan gauge. I loaded the new revison and can say this by far the best tune yet... Me, I turned off torque management, increased the rev limit by 200 rpm, seleced firm shift and turned off the speed limiter.
Out of curiosity, why did you choose to turn off torque management?

#1,068 ·
oemtech said:
To reduce the effect on traction control. From what I know if the rear wheels break traction the ECM dials back the "torque" via timing etc under it no longer see slippage. I am sure Diablo Mike will chime in if I am incorrect.
Is TM active during slippage/burn out? I thought TM and traction control were separate systems? Generally speaking, TM will relieve stress on the tranny (automatic) by purposefully pulling torque when it's not needed like when it's not under load. Whereas traction control (manual or automatic) will pull torque to regain traction, but by a different means then timing? I'm not trying to call you out, just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.