Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development - Page 19
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Marylandspeed We still have our forum special going PM us if interested and have a happy holiday ...
    VQ35DE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

Quote Originally Posted by Marylandspeed View Post
    We still have our forum special going PM us if interested and have a happy holiday weekend!

Used it on mine and THANKS !

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Any more updates from anyone else running the beta tune from diablosport? So far mine feels good, would not even know there was a tune until you really get into the throttle.

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Threw caution to the wind and did around 300 miles on my setup since friday. Tune feels pretty good. Started logging, but haven't looked things over yet. Holiday traffic dididn't let me get too into the go pedal.

JCulhane is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ats

My car runs great with the tune.

probee773 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just ordered my intune from Marylandspeed! Can't wait!

ontogenesis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 3.6, 2013 ATS 2.0T
    As a newbie to flashing/tuning, can you mix tunes at all? What I mean is, could I buy the Intune and flash my TCM and have a local tuner dyno tune my car's ECM? Or flash the ECM with a canned tune from vtuner or whomever? If so, is the procedure any different? When can we expect 1/4 mi times?

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

My advice is to not mix different software suites, but if done very carefully and attention is paid it may be doable, but I don't really see why...?

Track results are up to Mother Nature at this point. She is not cooperating
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Hot Rod Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Manual STD

Wait...are you the one and only SRT4 that doesn't have one of our tuners???
    Either way, I will confidently roll up on a stockish SRT4 in my car right now and say bye-bye, although they do run really good with our tunes as well!

I'm sure a manual will show up sooner than later once word gets out.

I'm not the first owner of the SRT so it may have been tweeked. 17-18lbs of boost after 1st gear.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when the manual 2.0t tune is available. I am looking at the 'In-Tune' right now.

Joe

ontogenesis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 3.6, 2013 ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike
    My advice is to not mix different software suites, but if done very carefully and attention is paid it may be doable, but I don't really see why...? Track results are up to Mother Nature at this point. She is not cooperating
    Honestly I asked because I assumed Diablo was like other handhelds I'd read about, where you data logged on it, cleared codes on it, and used it to load a tune off a computer and that was about it. I don't know anybody in my area that dyno tunes using anything but HPTuners, so I figured to get a decent tune, I'd need to have someone tune it...but I liked the transmission tune cuz I've always been a fan of 700r4's and th350's with race shift kits or manual valve bodies. After doing due research and seeing that you can really adjust parameters on your own without looking at 500 tables on a laptop that I'm not quite tech/EFI/turbo savy enough to understand and comfortably use, I see that it was kind of a dumb question. I still have a few small reservations about whether you sacrifice some of the finer adjustments available on desktop software (I'm sure you do) for ease of use...but it seemed like a fair enough trade that I bit the bullet and will have an Intune sometime this week.

Being as some guys seem to already be playing with your tune, did you release the beta? Will it show up when I update the tuner or did you email it to whoever requested it?

nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T

One of the reasons you can not use two different suits to tune the vehicle is because we have different flashing techniques. there is a thing called a CHECKSUM. and what this does it equal a specific value before and after a flash. other devices like Hp tuners come to that value in there own way. Mixing the two could screw that equation up and cause a no start pissed off PCM. ASK me how I know. LOL. we test various things and usually come across a lot more than the average person.
    Currently we are certain You can not mix HP tuners and Diablo products as you will get a p0601 code and a no start with a Pissed off PCM. SO A RECOMENDATION IS TO KEEP THEM SEPERATE.
    louie1487 likes this.

Mattthieu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD

Thank you Mike for taking the time to sending me the tune this morning,
    I'm at work for now but I took a couple minutes to go outside and get the tune running on the car,
    It's raining heavily as we speak so It's hard to get a good feel plus I'm suppose to be working
    But I'm definitely feeling more torque past the 3K mark, which is very nice !

Hopefully It's gonna stop raining by the time I'm done and I'll be get some testing going back home !
    I'll keep you updated later on.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattthieu View Post
    Thank you Mike for taking the time to sending me the tune this morning,
    I'm at work for now but I took a couple minutes to go outside and get the tune running on the car,
    It's raining heavily as we speak so It's hard to get a good feel plus I'm suppose to be working
    But I'm definitely feeling more torque past the 3K mark, which is very nice !

Hopefully It's gonna stop raining by the time I'm done and I'll be get some testing going back home !
    I'll keep you updated later on.

Thanks!
    No problem, the tunes are tons of fun in the wet too!!
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Mattthieu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD

After testing for a a couple miles on my way home, mostly highway and a bit of city driving,
    I can say that finally the car feels like it has a turbo.. you can really feel the torque past the 3K mark, and it feels awesome.

I will do some more mileage tonight after diner, some highway but this time mostly city,
    One thing tho, anyone else left like lower gears are going by too quickly, the car seem to shift into gear really early or on really low RPM,
    I don't know if it's due to the fact that I selected hard shift but by the time that I reach 40 km/h I'm already in third gear (AT SPORT MODE/ TOUR) and you can feel some kind of knock back,
    can't really put it onto words, but you know when you shift way too early how it feels like.. It happens mostly on low acceleration (city traffic) ...

Anyone else ?

Thanks again Mike.
    nyinstaller likes this.

vseries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2013 ATS Turbo

Has the tune been released yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattthieu View Post
    After testing for a a couple miles on my way home, mostly highway and a bit of city driving,
    I can say that finally the car feels like it has a turbo.. you can really feel the torque past the 3K mark, and it feels awesome.

I will do some more mileage tonight after diner, some highway but this time mostly city,
    One thing tho, anyone else left like lower gears are going by too quickly, the car seem to shift into gear really early or on really low RPM,
    I don't know if it's due to the fact that I selected hard shift but by the time that I reach 40 km/h I'm already in third gear (AT SPORT MODE/ TOUR) and you can feel some kind of knock back,
    can't really put it onto words, but you know when you shift way too early how it feels like.. It happens mostly on low acceleration (city traffic) ...

Anyone else ?

Thanks again Mike.
    It gets to the shift points a lot quicker than it did stock, if thats what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by vseries View Post
    Has the tune been released yet?
    No, not yet.

I'll gladly send out Beta versions to anyone with a tool in their hands though
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.