Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development - Page 18
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; so is diablo offering a tune as well as the handheld device? I have read a few people saying they ...
    mrasmussen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 premium 2.0t manual trans - white

Re: Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

so is diablo offering a tune as well as the handheld device? I have read a few people saying they are feeling the car pull much harder, that would suggest a new tune.

nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T
    For anyone waiting. I am not sure if mike is sending the beta file out still as we have left the office for the Holliday. I'm sure he will chime in and update those who are waiting. The update process will not give you ATS support as the file is a custom beta version.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrasmussen
    so is diablo offering a tune as well as the handheld device? I have read a few people saying they are feeling the car pull much harder, that would suggest a new tune.
    The handheld device contains the tunes. We have designed our own in house dyno tune developed from our tuning software.

This is not a USB flash cable.

Firepower ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 + CTS 2.0T Performance RWD

Subscribing. Right now trying to work out some bugs in my car (low boost and low 1/4 mile times), I will log tomorrow, but quick watch of boost on "Torque" shows me a low boost condition that needs to be resolved, however I am very interested in this package

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Mattthieu View Post
    Will it be sent via email or do I just go through an update with the intune ?
    Thanks again!

Still early but Happy Forth to all of you !
    I'll email it Monday unless we release it, in which case the auto updater will put it on the tool for you

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firepower ATS View Post
    Subscribing. Right now trying to work out some bugs in my car (low boost and low 1/4 mile times), I will log tomorrow, but quick watch of boost on "Torque" shows me a low boost condition that needs to be resolved, however I am very interested in this package
    curious to see what you come up with. I would expect to see at least 15-16 psi on the stock tune.
    Check the little canister filter in front of the turbo to make sure it's not clogged?
    Once you sort out the stock issues, we'll make it go even faster
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Mike, noticed this morning the same thing with it holding in first gear like in manual mode. Sport mode on, going wot let off the throttle before it shifted in 2nd and the rpms hung at 5k for a while. Had to keep bliping the throttle for a while and it finally finished the shift.

Isn't that normal behavior in sport mode? It will hold high rpm if you lift quickly...I really think that's totally normal. Mine has always done the same before it was ever tuned.
    louie1487 likes this.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

ikireland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike
    Isn't that normal behavior in sport mode? It will hold high rpm if you lift quickly...I really think that's totally normal. Mine has always done the same before it was ever tuned.
    Completely normal for sport mode.

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

I never noticed it holding the rpm that long before, but you are probably right. I will try it in tour mode to see if I can replicate the same situation. Otherwise everything else feels great. When you do the full release, will us beta guys have to return to stock then do the auto update? Thanks and enjoy the holiday weekend.

----------

Ikireland, thanks for chiming in. I never noticed it hanging for that long reminds me of manual mode with the paddle shifters. But now wot is much more fun.

ikireland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69
    I never noticed it holding the rpm that long before, but you are probably right. I will try it in tour mode to see if I can replicate the same situation. Otherwise everything else feels great. When you do the full release, will us beta guys have to return to stock then do the auto update? Thanks and enjoy the holiday weekend. ---------- Ikireland, thanks for chiming in. I never noticed it hanging for that long reminds me of manual mode with the paddle shifters. But now wot is much more fun.
    I have noticed many times on sport mode on mine, of I accelerate hard around a corner and then let off throttle and coast it will hang up in that gear for a while before up shifting. Good if you are actually at a track and need to coast for a second editing a corner and the accelerate for example, keeps you in boost and you keep on going haha

Yeah, I didn't recall you saying it was in sport the first time, but we were convinced in the office that it was a sport mode thing. It's actually an awesome feature when needed

No need to restore with intune to update, trinity requires that you restore before updating however.

Dealer had my car for the last 3 days (oh yeah, rolled right in there with the tune installed...and, a giant diablosport windshield banner, don't try this at home ), and I have been loving the tune all over again. Nothing like a POS cruze to make your ATS feel like a Vette!
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

ATScape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance 6A

Normal. Its the vehicle going into PAL mode when it detects certain dynamic behavior. And for those who still get TC blinking when its shut off, if you hold the TC button down for 5 seconds or so then it is at the least restrictive mode for both TC and Stability management. I don't know if they are completely disabled as most manufacturers like to leave some sort of driver assistance at all times but it is definitely less intrusive and dangerous.

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

Quote Originally Posted by nyinstaller View Post
    Folks are not buying a tune. They are buying a handheld flashing device that gives them full access to not only the provided canned tunes but full ability to obtain custom tunes from anyone with cmr diablo software. Which means you are not locked into one tuning company. Not only that. You have the ability to read and clear codes Datalog directly from the unit then export to a tuner of choice. And if you purchased a trinity you can monitor your cars every move more or less. Outside of afr in real time on the unit it self.
    And the biggest. Diablosport products do not leave a "I've been here foot print "

----------

Outside of afr unless you add a wideband system and use the analog input on either a trinity or Intune.
    THIS. Exactly why I waited for this tune.
    #1 Open capabilities.
    #2 No worries with dealership warranties

Firepower ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 + CTS 2.0T Performance RWD

curious to see what you come up with. I would expect to see at least 15-16 psi on the stock tune.
    Check the little canister filter in front of the turbo to make sure it's not clogged?
    Once you sort out the stock issues, we'll make it go even faster
    Likewise. I need to see what's going on here, as I am used to tuning imports (long story), and I've never had a vehicle act this quirky. I can tell you the car IS slow for some reason. TC off, in Sport mode, perfect launch on well prepped track, ZERO wheel spin, 2.34 60 ft, so car came out of hole ok, but then immediately laid down as evidenced by the 81 mph at the big end.

small723 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 Premium

Glad to see the tune is slowly becoming available for the masses. As a tuning noob I'll wait until the general release, can't wait!

Marylandspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

We still have our forum special going PM us if interested and have a happy holiday weekend!
    sqkid89 and Bryce2.0T like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.