Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development - Page 16
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Mike will there be a specific tune for AWD cars, or will they be the same as the RWD one's ...
    VQ35DE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

Mike will there be a specific tune for AWD cars, or will they be the same as the RWD one's ?

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

I would imagine it's the same as I have awd.
    Mike, so far it feels like a totally different animal. I had t/c off but did notice that the traction control message came on and the car held 1st gear at 4k rpms for a while, I had to keep bliping the throttle to get it to finally shift as I came up quick in traffic.

----------

Not going to get a chance to do any loging today as I have to get back to work, but overall the diablo tune and firm tcm tune feels great.

----------

Really thinking of not going back into work, maybe I'll use the bad shellfish at lunch excuse. This car is very fun to drive now. Thanks Mike and the staff at diablosport.

Mattthieu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD

Is the update available for the Intune as we speak ??
    Do i just update my intune and everything should download directly ??
    Still at work for the moment but I will make sure to check once I get home and get this thing on !!

Nvm I re-read the previous post, I'll send you the file once I get home, hoping I'll be able to test it out soon !

pbot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Have to agree. Loaded up the tune and it feels and shifts better. I chose the hard shift which did not feel all that hard so glad I chose it. Feels like a different car the first few times you mashi it. I think it is shifting better and the turbo hits harder to put it in unscientific terms. I wish it was 20 degrees cooler here to really have some fun.

-paul

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    Mike, so far it feels like a totally different animal. I had t/c off but did notice that the traction control message came on and the car held 1st gear at 4k rpms for a while, I had to keep bliping the throttle to get it to finally shift as I came up quick in traffic.

----------

Not going to get a chance to do any loging today as I have to get back to work, but overall the diablo tune and firm tcm tune feels great.

----------

Really thinking of not going back into work, maybe I'll use the bad shellfish at lunch excuse. This car is very fun to drive now. Thanks Mike and the staff at diablosport.

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
    Mike will there be a specific tune for AWD cars, or will they be the same as the RWD one's ?
    tahawk69's car had all the exact same PCM and TCM cals my car had, so there's nothing AWD specific about it from GM

----------

----------

Awesome. And it gets better with the revised TCM tune that you dont have yet

I haven't seen any hanging shift points like that, was it at heavy part throttle? Keep an eye on it and let me know, but it sounds like you are enjoying it thus far

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Mike another tuner told me that tuners who say they can have the factory tune for one mode and a custom tune for the other can't really do that and that they just make adjustments in normal mode to approximate the same performance as the stock tune.

I didn't know if I should believe that, but your statement seems to support it. Any comments?

I know when I heard that, it made me wonder if a tuner might actually reduce power in standard mode to make the difference seem more pronounced.
    There are different sets of tables for sport/tour/snow ice in the TCM for sure, and they can all be set to act however you like. You could go nuts with custom tuning and make snow/ice mode more aggressive that sport as far as the trans is concerned.
    On the PCM side, I haven't looked that closely to see what uses different tables for sport, but there are not spark or fuel tables, meaning power is the same from mode to mode, and can't really be changed. Its mostly 'behavioral' type changes that affect the different modes selections.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Heavy throttle with t/c off and that the tarction control warning came on then someone pulled in front of me so I had to let off and the rpm hung at 4k. It felt like if I continued giving it throttle then it would have shifted but I had to keep bliping until it finally shifted into second. I will keep an eye on it, but man now I want to add a catless dp so I can hear that turbo scream. Look what you guys started thanks

----------

For the guys that tuned, did u leave your door open while tuning? Wondering if it makes a difference during the key off run on cycle at the end. I did it with door closed and the only way to start the car was to open the door then close the door and then push brake and start button. Otherwise when I held the brake and pushed the start button it would just chime at me.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    tahawk69's car had all the exact same PCM and TCM cals my car had, so there's nothing AWD specific about it from GM
    great, so if I screw something up I know who to call for a backup.

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

WHAT A BEAST!!!! I only have a 6 block drive to work but I was smiling ear to ear when that light turned green! Anything past 3K just WOW!!!! Haven't touched the TCM yet but I think I will sneak out of work to tweak that again. Great work Mike! Great work DiabloSport!

pbot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I left my door open the entire time. Had similar problem on first start, but I think I just pressed the start button a couple of times and then it said press brake to start car. I didn't need to open/close the door.

Heavy throttle with t/c off and that the tarction control warning came on then someone pulled in front of me so I had to let off and the rpm hung at 4k. It felt like if I continued giving it throttle then it would have shifted but I had to keep bliping until it finally shifted into second. I will keep an eye on it, but man now I want to add a catless dp so I can hear that turbo scream. Look what you guys started thanks

----------

For the guys that tuned, did u leave your door open while tuning? Wondering if it makes a difference during the key off run on cycle at the end. I did it with door closed and the only way to start the car was to open the door then close the door and then push brake and start button. Otherwise when I held the brake and pushed the start button it would just chime at me.

----------

great, so if I screw something up I know who to call for a backup.

It sounds like you may not be going back to run mode when doing the last key cycle...just clicking it off then on won;t do the trick

Glad to see you guys enjoying it!!!
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Normally I would have left the door open, but it was raining too hard. I am wondering if leaving the door open helps during the key off run on cycle, as when the door is closed does the key off doesn't stop acc's until the door is opened.

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

Quote Originally Posted by pbot View Post
    I left my door open the entire time. Had similar problem on first start, but I think I just pressed the start button a couple of times and then it said press brake to start car. I didn't need to open/close the door.
    I tuned with the door closed. Then you have to open the door to shut everything off (when it says turn key OFF) then when I went to start it wouldn't start at all in the RUN position.... so I cycled to the ACC and then it fires right up

Bryce you are right. It appears that when tuning w/door closed, when the handheld requests key off you must open door then finish the cycle as the handheld requests.

I generally leave the door open

Its hot down here....
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

A little off topic, but everytime I drive my ats I am always consumed by the interior rattles that drive me crazy. After the tune was installed and I took off down the street, I forgot all about the rattles and anything else that I usually bitch about with this car.
    DiabloMike likes this.

exbagboy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium White Diamond

A little off topic, but everytime I drive my ats I am always consumed by the interior rattles that drive me crazy. After the tune was installed and I took off down the street, I forgot all about the rattles and anything else that I usually bitch about with this car.
    I fixed the squeaks in my center console and CUE/speaker edge with a little lithium grease. Haven't had any squeaks or rattles for 5 months.
    It's now the quietest car I've driven.
    I drove a brand new 2014 ATS4 loaner and that one came squeak free.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.