Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development - Page 15
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have a few questions... How am I supposed to get a hold of one of these in California??? Are ...
    ILoveJuicySteak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0t

Re: Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

I have a few questions...
    How am I supposed to get a hold of one of these in California???
    Are there already ats 2.0t maps available right now?
    Is the tune going to affect the traction/stability controls already on the vehicle?

VQ35DE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike

Ill get you step by step instructions to update when the time comes, or as mentioned, our guys can do it for you

Thanks
    Thanks Mike and I will take you up on that offer !

Thanks,
    BRAD

BlakOutATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Any way to keep the stock tune on Touring, and the Diablosport tune on Sport?. Also, have you seen any improvements on your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times yet?. I'm really looking forward to seeing some real world numbers on here with the new TCM tunes (hard and firm) because I feel like my transmission slips/lags too much when shifting. I will be making a video before and after tune as soon as it is released and I get my in-tune delivered.

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveJuicySteak View Post
    Are there already ats 2.0t maps available right now?
    Is the tune going to affect the traction/stability controls already on the vehicle?
    Best I can say is I know there are thousands and thousands of our tuners being used in Cali. I can't tell you how they got them, but they did
    We have not yet released the tunes, its will likely be next week.
    TC/Stabilitrak are unaffected by the tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakOutATS View Post
    Any way to keep the stock tune on Touring, and the Diablosport tune on Sport?. Also, have you seen any improvements on your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times yet?. I'm really looking forward to seeing some real world numbers on here with the new TCM tunes (hard and firm) because I feel like my transmission slips/lags too much when shifting. I will be making a video before and after tune as soon as it is released and I get my in-tune delivered.
    No, you cant have an entirely different tune for each mode, the modes only affect so many things...
    I have tried a few 0-60 runs but getting it down pat with the tune is a new learning curve, and is going to take some practice. We tried to get to the dragstrip last week (daily afternoon storms) and again last night (tail of Hurricane Arthur killed that), but we'll get there eventually.

My thought is the tune will be good for a solid .3-.4 improvement in ET and should add 4-5 MPH in trap speed

I know track times are key, but man, its really, really, much faster than stock.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

So you're saying my new tires have one more weekend to enjoy their rubber? That's no fun...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveJuicySteak View Post
    Find a friend out of state who owes you a favor already, or one who you want to owe one to...

Quote Originally Posted by sqkid89 View Post
    So you're saying my new tires have one more weekend to enjoy their rubber? That's no fun...[COLOR="Silver"]
    When you get a sec, plug the intune into your car, and go to settings/tool info/vehicle info with the key ON and let it display the info.

Then, plug the tool into a PC, and email me the info.xml file from the intune drive. Send it to mlitsch @ diablosport.com

Thanks!
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloMike View Post
    When you get a sec, plug the intune into your car, and go to settings/tool info/vehicle info with the key ON and let it display the info.

Then, plug the tool into a PC, and email me the info.xml file from the intune drive. Send it to mlitsch @ diablosport.com

Thanks!
    Mike, do you need us all to do this ?

----------

Mike, Email sent

coupdegrace is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T

Will there will be a different tune for MTs? Or are you simply looking for an MT to validate the existing tune?

Waiting to pull the trigger on an InTune until I know exactly when a MT-compatible tune will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    Mike, do you need us all to do this ?

----------

Mike, Email sent
    I'm moving into soft release mode

At this point, I'm willing to send the update out to one person at a time, and assuming you are willing to play with it in Beta form, I'll get you tuned up asap. After the first person reports all good, I'll send it to the next requester.

I got your file, sent it to the tuner to confirm the cals are know/supported, and I'll send the update shortly

----------

Quote Originally Posted by coupdegrace View Post
    Will there will be a different tune for MTs? Or are you simply looking for an MT to validate the existing tune?

Waiting to pull the trigger on an InTune until I know exactly when a MT-compatible tune will be released.
    Its different enough that we won't be adding tunes for them until we can validate the tune in house, it wont take much time once we get one in here, but I just can't put a date on when that may be
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Auto updater is running and taking a little while, must be alot of updates. Says it's
    downloading: calibration tunes, and adjustable parameters data

Sent 2X, lets hear some reviews!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    Auto updater is running and taking a little while, must be alot of updates. Says it's
    downloading: calibration tunes, and adjustable parameters data
    Ahh, OK, didn't really need that, but once its done, load the file I sent and you'll be ready to rock.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Thanks!
    Thanks Mike, email on its way

All 3 of you have the exact same PCM/TCM cals, which were the same as my car. Interesting...

----------

We released an update today that's being a pain in my butt when using the auto updater, skip the updater if possible and just load any files I send if you request the update
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

File received, will be trying things out later today once I get done with work

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by BlakOutATS View Post
    Any way to keep the stock tune on Touring, and the Diablosport tune on Sport?
    No, you cant have an entirely different tune for each mode, the modes only affect so many things...
    Mike another tuner told me that tuners who say they can have the factory tune for one mode and a custom tune for the other can't really do that and that they just make adjustments in normal mode to approximate the same performance as the stock tune.

I didn't know if I should believe that, but your statement seems to support it. Any comments?

I know when I heard that, it made me wonder if a tuner might actually reduce power in standard mode to make the difference seem more pronounced.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.