Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

363K views 1K replies 159 participants last post by  feiyu809 
#1 ·
I have been chomping at the bit to start this thread, so here goes.

My ATS is strapped to the dyno as I type this :)
Baseline pulls will ensue shortly, then we'll start tearing into this calibration and see what kind of safe, repeatable gains we can offer to the masses.

I'll keep you guys updated as progress is made :devil:

#526 ·
Same here box cleaned out
Im not sure what you guys are asking me to PM you about, feel free to PM me and I will respond.

Thanks
Hi guys,

Fantastic what you guys have been pulling off lately. I have been on the lookout for a tune but this is an exotic car in Europe... :)

I just ordered myself an inTune. Right after I confirmed payment I thought about one thing : my ATS is a EU-version (2.0t Premium RWD AT). And I already noticed some differences with the U.S. versions of the ATS, like with exit lighting that works completely differently.

DiabloMike, do you think there could be an issue there ? Or do you expect the tune to run fine on mine as well ? Can imagine you have only tried it on US cars so far....
Shouldn't be an issue, worst case, the tool will read any unsupported backup files that we don't have support for, and you send it to us and we add it :)

Hi Mike,

About how many people are running your tune on this forum? Has anyone had any issues? I saw someone else that the engine was running lean and burned a hole in the piston head, although it was not your dune.

Also, Will there be a 91 '75%' tune? I'm under full warranty and while I want more power, I don't feel the need to push it as far is the standard 91 tune.
I haven't seen any issues other than some random oddities that we have addressed in the latest Beta tunes.

No 75% tunes...but the 91 tune does not really lean on the car all that hard to start with :)

#523 ·
Hi guys,

Fantastic what you guys have been pulling off lately. I have been on the lookout for a tune but this is an exotic car in Europe... :)

I just ordered myself an inTune. Right after I confirmed payment I thought about one thing : my ATS is a EU-version (2.0t Premium RWD AT). And I already noticed some differences with the U.S. versions of the ATS, like with exit lighting that works completely differently.

DiabloMike, do you think there could be an issue there ? Or do you expect the tune to run fine on mine as well ? Can imagine you have only tried it on US cars so far....

#525 ·
Hi Mike,

About how many people are running your tune on this forum? Has anyone had any issues? I saw someone else that the engine was running lean and burned a hole in the piston head, although it was not your dune.

Also, Will there be a 91 '75%' tune? I'm under full warranty and while I want more power, I don't feel the need to push it as far is the standard 91 tune.

#536 ·
Technically, no, so we have no sensor. However most fuel systems made since the late 90s are "compatible", meaning the ethanol won't destroy anything in the fuel system. Our PCM does have provisions for E85 though and a sensor can be wired in pretty easily. Our injectors are supposedly adequate for the increased demand as well. The tune is the important part of it. Vermont Tuner has a package with this and I believe HP Tuners has the option available in the software as well.

#539 ·
Hit the track with the updated beta tune last night, it was a busy night but got 5 runs in. All things being as similar as they can be, weather a bit cooler and less humid than last time out, power appears to be down. Similar 60 foot times (2.0-2.2), several 14.0's but didn't make it into the 13's. MPH at the big end was down, all runs were between 98.01 and 98.47.

#541 ·
I have a Trinity in my V and love it. I use it all the time for monitoring temps and fuel trims. Also great if you wanna make fine adjustments to your teammate if running an automatic. Good work Diablo! Wanna help with some sponsoring on the 750-800hp ats build?

#543 ·
Another note for the updated beta, I went from the 93 to 91 tune today just to check it out (still on a tank of 94 octane). Drove maybe 5-6 miles around town running errands, last stop I pulled out of a parking lot onto the street and had the infamous "sudden TC + Stabilitrak lights come on + super hard shifts + misfire code". It was concerning at first, because the last time I had a trans suddenly start shifting really hard, it was in the process of destroying all it's internals (2010 Equinox). Seems a lot of people have this caused by various ignition and/or fuel related problems. Not sure if something related to the tune, but seems like there is potential. I put it all back to stock, fired it up and drove around the block a few times. TC and Stabilitrak working properly again and seems back to (boring?) old normal so far. I'll put some more miles on it this way for a bit to make sure there isn't an actual non-tune problem that needs the dealer to look at it...

#549 ·
This is going to get interesting. I won't say what I'm thinking, glad you got the stock tune back on before your dealer visit. Please keep us updated. Good luck.

----------

Does the power seem way down as in some compression loss, or just driving rough like a possible bad injector?

#550 ·
Doesn't seem too bad on power, didn't push it hard but passed a slowpoke on a 2 lane road and it seemed not too bad. Just a bit rough at idle and sounds like it's dieseling mostly down low when accelerating slowly at part throttle. Higher revs sound clean. I didn't have the Trinity with me to do any logging, so this is all just "sounds like and feels like". I will post an update when I find out what is going on.

#557 ·
No, the ATS will be supported by inTune or Trinity, Predator has been discontinued for a few years now.

Quick question,

After visiting one of my local shop in town and talking a bit with the guys over there,
I was told that they do sell Diablo Sports, so they have to be one of your retailer (Montreal).
The guy I was talking to told me that if I wanted to be on the safe side they suggested
that before bringing the car for maintenance I should at least drive the car for a good week on stock tune ??

Is that recommended or mandatory, cause I've never seen anything written about this anywhere on this forum.
Thanks
Not anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.