Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablosport 2.0T ATS tune development

363K views 1K replies 159 participants last post by  feiyu809 
#1 ·
I have been chomping at the bit to start this thread, so here goes.

My ATS is strapped to the dyno as I type this :)
Baseline pulls will ensue shortly, then we'll start tearing into this calibration and see what kind of safe, repeatable gains we can offer to the masses.

I'll keep you guys updated as progress is made :devil:

#356 ·
Interesting stuff. Our cars would be incredible if our engines were totally unleashed. I'm anxious to see what Mike has discovered and has in store for us this week.

Sqkid89, have you noticed any hesitation or stumbling at WOT? I've had a few times where the car acts like it forgot what it was doing for a couple seconds. Finally got one of these instances logged.

Anyone have success live data logging thru Data Viewer 3.0 with an Intune? DV doesn't expressly mention the Intune and mine doesn't want to connect.

#369 ·
prob , we have ran into same thing with the C& vettes tuning them. the delivered torque is higher than the commaneded value in the computer so it basically tries to shut the TB to reduce the torque. the first supercharged C7 we did took almost 2 weeks to tune to get it perfect. its just a learning curve once you figure it out its golden. im sure with a lil tweaking they will perfect it.

#363 · (Edited)
If you haven't bought the Trinity yet, buy it. The tune is amazing. Yes there are some bugs to work out and the PCM needs a little tweaking... but when you feel the full 24lbs of boost kick in it is INCREDIBLE. I was on the road course this weekend with two friends in the car messing around with all sorts of makes/models of cars and it was so amazing to feel that turbo spool up.

#382 ·
coupdegrace said:
Thank you! Been waiting for you to show up. :)

happy to be of service! and can't wait to feel the difference in power! I'm hoping Mike will be able to shoot a couple videos of the dyno runs...that would be awesome! monday the cadillac dealer has to replace the right front wheel speed sensor, but also my heavy mesh grill and rear tag surround will be getting installed as well...by me! :>}

can't wait for the release of Diablo's tune!!!! updates coming in a couple days...Saturday you'll hear from me for sure after I pick it up and wheel it home.

#390 ·
Oh ok sorry I missed that. I thought the runs were on the same dyno. Im aware of the drivetrain parasitic losses of the automatic transmission, but this was a huge discrepancy and not of the norm which had me concerned. Thanks for clearing it up.

Big power guys can negate the losses and can put the power down consistently by tweaking the auto setup to respect the traction limits of the car's setup. Also it reduces the amount of shifts and shifting time. There are other advantages when with respect to remaining in the power band but Im sure most of you know all this and I'm just waisting bytes here lol...

#391 ·
oemtech said:
Yep... torque converters eat up some HP. But, ask yourself why top drag racers use an old 2 sp Power Glide. Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Because 4.4 seconds means you would have to row a 6 speed insanely fast? Autos are popular in drag racing (brackets anyway) due to their consistency....and there's nothing old about the power glides they're using except the concept heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.