WeatherTech mats for Manual transmission 2104 ATS
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, WeatherTech mats for Manual transmission 2104 ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; My manual transmission 2014 ATS is just five days old, and just signing up to join you folks, here. I ...
    TraderAlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T with manual transmission

WeatherTech mats for Manual transmission 2104 ATS

My manual transmission 2014 ATS is just five days old, and just signing up to join you folks, here. I have bought WeatherTech floor liners for years, but just
    saw in their drop-down menus that there is no option for a manual transmission car, automatic only. Called, they say clutch pedals tend to "stick", but past experience
    is that everything WeatherTech say's about fit of their product is not necessarily so. (IE I was able to put and fit rear mats for a 2010 G37 into a 2011 G37, although they
    insisted the sizing was not verified). Has anybody tried fitting these mats into a manual ATS? Or are there any other aftermarket options out there? I like to the deep lips
    of the WT product, because it really keeps the winter mess contained. Thanks Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ikireland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD
    Honestly, I hated my weathertechs in my ats. Poor fit and water/snow pooled out everywhere. Since got the Cadillac all weathermats, much better IMO. Fit is perfection.

Terrybill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6L AWD

Re: WeatherTech mats for Manual transmission 2104 ATS

I'm a huge Weathertech fan but in my ATS they are a disappointment, as much because of the floor and seat design as anything else. First of all, everything drains towards the throttle pedal. The pedal being mounted to the floor, there isn't whole lot Weathertech can do to defy gravity or build anything into the mat that isn't going to risk interfering with the pedal action (reminding me of my Audi 5000 and "unintended acceleration").

And while I can make an effort to not track a gallon of snow melt into the car, the lower lip on the front seat is so low it catches the lip on the back of the Weathertech when the bride moves it forward, curling the mat and making it worse for next time. To their credit Weathertech sent some Velcro to hold the back of the mat down but the other half of the Velcro is supposed to stick to the carpet. Guess how well that works? Bottom line is that she can't hit the #1 button and let the seat go to her settings without babysitting the mat. Not cool. Passenger side is just fine but that's not where the wear and tear is.

GM mats probably are fine regarding the seat interference but even they can only defy gravity so far. Enjoy your ATS. We're (mostly) enjoying ours

Hugh9269 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS4 2.0T Performance

Re: WeatherTech mats for Manual transmission 2104 ATS

I have weathertech for my ATS and had them in my Acura TSX 6MT. For my manual TSX, i just notched the area around the clutch pedal, since they were designed for the automatic. Worked fine for 50,000 miles!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.