ATS 2014 Idle and Shut down!
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS 2014 Idle and Shut down! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hello Forum, I've had the ATS since October '13 and took it for service first time in November for rough ...
    ibur is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5L 2014

ATS 2014 Idle and Shut down!

Hello Forum,

I've had the ATS since October '13 and took it for service first time in November for rough idling and off course they couldn't find any issues with it. So I have to live with a terrible idle and rough engine start (like it was 1910) and just a few days ago the car just decided to shut down while driving on the highway! this is terrible. The service manager told me he can't do anything but to check the car, and that human errors occur! what kind of a answer is this! So they going to check the car and see if they can solve the issue.
    If any one has had a similar experience please let me know.

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: ATS 2014 Idle and Shut down!

Quote Originally Posted by ibur View Post
    Hello Forum,

I've had the ATS since October '13 and took it for service first time in November for rough idling and off course they couldn't find any issues with it. So I have to live with a terrible idle and rough engine start (like it was 1910) and just a few days ago the car just decided to shut down while driving on the highway! this is terrible. The service manager told me he can't do anything but to check the car, and that human errors occur! what kind of a answer is this! So they going to check the car and see if they can solve the issue.

Thank you
    Hello ibur,

I am sorry to hear about your experiences with the rough idle and stalling on the highway and I apologize for any inconvenience either has caused. I understand that you are asking your fellow forum members if they have experienced anything similar. However, if you would like some an extra layer of assistance, you can PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information so I may contact the dealership on your behalf.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by ibur View Post
    Hello Forum,

Thank you
    First, sorry for your troubles.

GM has an obligation to fix any proven problem. Some bad dealers try to make customers think they only have to fix a problem that happens in their presence. If you have one of those dealers, I would go somewhere else. If a problem doesn't happen regularly enough to happen in their presence you might need to provide the evidence yourself with a video or something.

Dealers don't like working on a problem that isn't cut and dry because GM doesn't like to pay them for trial and error. But they still have to fix the problem OR take the car back OR convince you to let them slide. The lemon laws protect you if it comes to taking the car back. Its a good idea to know the requirements where you are and make sure you do what you need to in order to force them to take the car back if it comes to that.

carolina 2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 RWD

There are two rough idle updates. I don't know how they could not know of the updates. Tell them you want them done. I had the first one and didn't have to have the second. I think I would go to another dealer. Good luck!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.