If your driver's seat is rubbing the center console.....
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carpenter
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, If your driver's seat is rubbing the center console..... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; a piece of flock tape on the side of the console will work wonders. I know people will say "$50,000 ...
    carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

If your driver's seat is rubbing the center console.....

a piece of flock tape on the side of the console will work wonders. I know people will say "$50,000 car and I have to put tape on it?" , but you can't see the tape and it works like a charm. My interior is black and so is the flock tape so it worked really well. I'm guessing it can be bought in different colors. Dealer did this today for me while the car was in for some squeaky overhead buttons. My squeak was pretty loud and annoying and not a peep even while trying to make it squeak today. What a relief.

Nothing groundbreaking as I'm sure many people realized you could put something in between the seat and console, but the flock tape works really well and the dealer should have it already so it should be a quick fix. I know a number of us had this issue so those that are living with it still there's a quick simple fix the dealer can do for you.
    alex65966 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

myATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS LTG 6MT

Re: If your driver's seat is rubbing the center console.....

This is the fix I did on mine and it has been working fine since http://www.atssociety.com/threads/ca...-noise-fix.83/
    It does require a bit of dissasembly but nothing too hard.

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Any update on the rattle from the overhead buttons. I still have the overhead rattle and it drives me crazy.

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    Any update on the rattle from the overhead buttons. I still have the overhead rattle and it drives me crazy.
    I only drove it one day, but they have not rattled as of yet. It's back in today as they think they may have a fix for my CUE voice prompts resetting. Waiting to see though.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    I only drove it one day, but they have not rattled as of yet. It's back in today as they think they may have a fix for my CUE voice prompts resetting. Waiting to see though.
    I think the Homelink button rattle is a design issue. I have taken mine in for this and the dealers solution was to replace the entire overhead panel. It was better than the first, but if I drive over rough pavement, the buttons rattle and can be quieted by just lightly touching them. I my opinion, the only way to fix this issue is to manufacture the buttons with a softer more rubber like material.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.