Voice Recognition Dead
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Voice Recognition Dead in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Anyone ever have there VR completely fail? I do not get any audio prompts from the system. The dic will ...
    maccatxus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

Voice Recognition Dead

Anyone ever have there VR completely fail? I do not get any audio prompts from the system. The dic will flash when pressing the button on the wheel. When using the touch screen voice icon, the help menu will pop up. There is never any audio response from the VR. All other system component are functioning except VR. I can make calls so I know the microphones are working.

I've tried every reset method I could find (multiple times) nothing fixes or resets the VR.

Removed all phones, cleared all data, restored radio settings, worked with CUE hotline.

I have a 14 ATS 2.0T Perf model. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carpenter is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Re: Voice Recognition Dead

I've not had that, but I've had it tell me "voice commands are not available at this time"

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello maccatxus,

I understand this can definitely be frustrating and apologize for the inconvenience. Have you spoke with your dealership about this issue yet? If you would like to further discuss your situation or have my involvement while working with your Cadillac dealer, please let me know. I can be reached via private message and I am more than happy to assist anyway that I can.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

maccatxus is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

FIXED! A tip for anyone who has a complete failure of the voice recognition system. Yesterday, I changed the language setting to French and pressed the VR button and bingo my car started speaking to me again! I let it role through the help commands. Then switched to English and all is normal again! Hope this helps someone in the future.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by maccatxus View Post
    FIXED! A tip for anyone who has a complete failure of the voice recognition system. Yesterday, I changed the language setting to French and pressed the VR button and bingo my car started speaking to me again! I let it role through the help commands. Then switched to English and all is normal again! Hope this helps someone in the future.
    Just when I thought my high school French classes would finally pay off, I read that you were able to switch back to English.

Good tip though!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.