Help on nav wiring 2014 ats
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Help on nav wiring 2014 ats in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Ok so I did this to the last car I had... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_wNsgs6kpw I am going to do it again... Here ...
    socalcaddyats is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 14 ats

Help on nav wiring 2014 ats

Ok so I did this to the last car I had...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_wNsgs6kpw

I am going to do it again...

Here is what I need to know,

On the back of the Nav, I need to know what wires are:
    The switch which goes to the reverse (when you put the car in reverse, the Nav knows)
    The backup camera input
    The auxillary audio input (if not this can be accessed via center console)

I just need a harness layout for the wires really.

My next thing is I kinda wanna do it myself, but I need to run a ignition power cable to the trunk, along with this I need to run 2 18awg cables for power (kill switch), 2 24 awg cables for the power switch (I am assuming the ignition wire should be local to the steering wheel which is where I would put a valet switch so I wouldn't need a second pair of cables for that). Then 1 18awg cable for the ignition wire, a video cable (2 cables in 1) and an audio cable (3 cables in 1). Anybody have any tutorials on this? Either way if not this isn't too big of a deal I am probably going to take it to a high end shop to get it done, but I do need that harness layout.

Also does anybody know if that switch when the car is in reverse, if it is just a short? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GTPprix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Help on nav wiring 2014 ats

I'll save you the heartache there isn't a switch or wire that directly controls the camera it's a message on the bus that turns it on. There is also a time and speed constant programmed into the hmi to turn it back off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.