2013 Cadillac ATS Premium AWD 3.6L lost me as a GM customer
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium AWD 3.6L lost me as a GM customer in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; After 28891 miles I've finally decided that I need to trade this thing in before the warranty runs out. Most ...
    jlukavsky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Angry 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium AWD 3.6L lost me as a GM customer

After 28891 miles I've finally decided that I need to trade this thing in before the warranty runs out. Most likely will be getting a Lexus IS 350 F.

Service engine soon light came out, started doing very rough idle - put my phone on the arm rest and it literally shook off. Normally the rough idle is just enough to notice that a car shouldn't be doing it.

Traction control turned off.

Service Stabilitrak.

Rattle noise under the car that can be heard especially when turning in a parking garage, very faint otherwise.

When shifting from 2nd to 1st gear it felt like I was getting rear ended it was so clunky. And this was driving in downtown Chicago so I would go 200 feet, have the car make a really shitty jerking motion coming to a stop, and then the rough idle.

CUE is still a piece of shit, when other people watch me use it to put in an address they laugh at how slow it is, it doesn't remember the short voice setting inputting an address, it randomly switches back to voice prompts on while giving directions, the HUD resets its position.

Near the garage door buttons there is a rattle - I took the entire thing apart, put some tape on it, tightened screws and no luck fixing it.

The chair is squeaky (I've never complained about this before, but just saw a post about it on here and I guess other people don't expect their chair to be squeaky either)

Biggest pile of $50,000 shit ever.

With the exception of fixing the service engine soon light, service stabilitrak, and traction control off service departments say they can't reproduce the problems or that it's normal. I've had those 3 problems before and the service department fixed them, but they come back.

And no Cadillac customer care I don't want you to look into it for me, you've done it before and it doesn't help. My hope is that someone reads this before buying one of these shit boxes and it changes their mind.

2014-04-29 13.08.59.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

Re: 2013 Cadillac ATS Premium AWD 3.6L lost me as a GM customer

This will be good. Sub'd

carpenter is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by jlukavsky View Post

CUE is still a piece of shit, when other people watch me use it to put in an address they laugh at how slow it is, it doesn't remember the short voice setting inputting an address, it randomly switches back to voice prompts on while giving directions,

Near the garage door buttons there is a rattle - I took the entire thing apart, put some tape on it, tightened screws and no luck fixing it.

The chair is squeaky (I've never complained about this before, but just saw a post about it on here and I guess other people don't expect their chair to be squeaky either)
    I still love my car and I don't have the mechanical issues you do, but I share these same 3 issues you have. For the record though, my dealership has ordered the new garage door button piece and they are going to try to do something for the seats. It goes in tomorrow for those 2 items. Service manager was actually looking in to seeing if he could put the CTS console in the ATS, but he said it doesn't look like it would will work.

Speedhunter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6

I know you this can be frustrating but take a deep breath and calm down.

But this is just my 2cents

Do you think the Lexus is going to be perfect?. I don't think there is any perfect car seriously even $100K GTRs have their own issues here and there. And at least you are not paying out of the pocket for your $50K car to have it fixed. So you still have at least 40K miles on your powertrain and another 20K miles on your bumper to bumper.

Anything software related is going to have some flaws perhaps your CUE needs an update. But I guess you felt humiliated because your " friends laughed at you and your slow CUE" c'mon. I would be less bothered by something minor like that unless you guys were having a girl fight over whose car is better and you lost.

But here is my question how are you driving this car? How do we know if its your bad driving style, are you racing the car or abusing the paddle shifters?
    duneless, PetrolHead and vwvr6tom like this.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

dude.....ur listening to ice cube....theres ur problem. haha
    bravnik, vwvr6tom and RxNotec like this.

carpenter is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Speedhunter View Post
    even $100K GTRs have their own issues here and there.
    or $130,000 Porsche 911 GT3s where all the drivers were told "we need you to park your car and not drive it anymore until it can be fixed."

tahawk69 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

Good luck with the lexus. I like my ats, but I would bet anything that the lexus will be more refined. I have had em all german, American, Japanese, and korean. Imo, the Japanese vehicles are the most refined. All cars have some issues, but most of the luxury Japanese ones didn't start developing problems until 70k when parts just failed from wear and tear. I had an infiniti fx35 that never had one service issue until 86k miles when I traded it in, and that was the hub bearings. I sometimes also feel with 6k miles my ats has had too many issues as well, but dealer has addressed and hasn't cost me. Although my premium still has rattles in the dash and overhead console. Cant understand how gm doesnt care to issue a tsb to fix that issue, since so many have the same problem. I think the quailty control is lacking a bit in the 2013. Maybe gm rushed the car to get sales, and figured let the dealers sort out the defects. Trade in value will definitely hurt your wallet, I would let gm pay to fix it then dump the car before the factory warranty expires. Eitherway, good luck.

transam00 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

2013 must been bad yr. , my 2014 near perfection .

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I can tell you that I had the same problem with traction control/rough idle and it was a bad piston. Take this to your service manager ASAP:

PI1178 ATS/Malibu Engine run rough with check engine light (CEL) on. Low compression on cylinder with misfire, DTC P0300 set.
    Replace pistons and rings.
    pever and louie1487 like this.

listrats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD

Japanese more refined? Ill say the opposite. They use lower quality materials and finishes in general..Plenty of cheap plastics. don't confuse that with reliability.
    rustybear3 likes this.

myATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS LTG 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by tahawk69 View Post
    Good luck with the lexus. I like my ats, but I would bet anything that the lexus will be more refined. I have had em all german, American, Japanese, and korean. Imo, the Japanese vehicles are the most refined. All cars have some issues, but most of the luxury Japanese ones didn't start developing problems until 70k when parts just failed from wear and tear. I had an infiniti fx35 that never had one service issue until 86k miles when I traded it in, and that was the hub bearings. I sometimes also feel with 6k miles my ats has had too many issues as well, but dealer has addressed and hasn't cost me. Although my premium still has rattles in the dash and overhead console. Cant understand how gm doesnt care to issue a tsb to fix that issue, since so many have the same problem. I think the quailty control is lacking a bit in the 2013. Maybe gm rushed the car to get sales, and figured let the dealers sort out the defects. Trade in value will definitely hurt your wallet, I would let gm pay to fix it then dump the car before the factory warranty expires. Eitherway, good luck.
    I previously owned an FX also, it went to the dealer once in the 5 years that I owned it. Even my Subaru hasn't even been to the dealer once, and it is 4 years old. My ATS on the other hand has been to the dealer 7 times in its 5000 miles and they still cannot figure out one of the issues.

tahawk69 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

I will say on the Japanese vehicles that I have owned, lexus and infiniti, the fit and finish is totally better than my ats. Reliability is a whole different animal and the Japanese are known for it. Like I said I like my ats, but poor paint job, misaligned body panels and rattles throughout the vehicle lead me to say the Japanese vehicles I've owned are more refined. I could have easily bought a fully loaded q50 for the price of my ats, but I really liked the direction gm went in regards to design and handling of the ats.

Cuest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance w/Red & Carbon Interior

It's unfortunately, this has happened to your ATS. I absolutely LOVE mine. I am on my third Cadillac (2008 CTS Sedan, 2012 Coupe and now 2013 ATS ). For reference, When I gave in my 2008 it had 66k (NY/FL) miles and the only issue it ever gave me was the drain channels got clogged and had to be clean out. The 2012 Coupe while still relatively new I had 43k when I traded in and never had ANY issues with it. My point is that this happens no matter what car you purchase you will always find someone who's had a terrible experience, for instance i'll never buy a BMW again. Why? It was always in the shop. My buddies Audi has been in the shop more times than I can count. It's the nature of mass production. Some will fare better than others it's just unfortunate that yours was one of those bad experiences. I personally wouldn't buy a lexus but its a matter of choice. To say that the ATS is a piece of S*** many would argue that point. Best of luck with your Lexus. just my two cents.

Belman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 4 Premium 3.6

As bad as I wanted a new ATS, I stuck to my guns and DIDN'T buy a 2013.. I was concerned about new model blues..

My 2014 "knock on wood" has been perfect.. Except maybe the fuel mileage.. But I've only 1100 miles on it.. Maybe it will get better..

The CUE system is quick and flawless.. The engine idles and accelerates smooth as glass.. And there are no rattles anywhere..

tami36912 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Belman View Post
    As bad as I wanted a new ATS, I stuck to my guns and DIDN'T buy a 2013.. I was concerned about new model blues..

My 2014 "knock on wood" has been perfect.. Except maybe the fuel mileage.. But I've only 1100 miles on it.. Maybe it will get better..

The CUE system is quick and flawless.. The engine idles and accelerates smooth as glass.. And there are no rattles anywhere..
    so is that supposed to make the 2013 owners feel better

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.