has anyone lost all gauges on there dash?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jayceejay
  • 1 Post By louie1487
  • 1 Post By Cadillac Cust Svc
  • 1 Post By Hoosier Daddy
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, has anyone lost all gauges on there dash? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I was driving and looked down to see that nothing was work on my dash. it happened to me two ...
    tami36912 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

has anyone lost all gauges on there dash?

I was driving and looked down to see that nothing was work on my dash. it happened to me two times.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jayceejay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T RWD

Re: has anyone lost all gauges on there dash?

Tami, that has never happened to me. Just off the top of my head it seems like a short in your gauge connection? I would have the dealer check that out since its happened 2x now.
    tami36912 likes this.

louie1487 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It happened to me the on the way home from the dealer (May '13). Stopped at a gas station, turned the car on and the gauges didn't work all the way home, but that was the only time it happened.
    tami36912 likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by tami36912 View Post
    I was driving and looked down to see that nothing was work on my dash. it happened to me two times.
    Hi tami36912,

I can understand how all the gauges shutting off on your dash would be concerning. Have you reached out to a dealership regarding this occurance? I would be happy to reach out to one on your behalf if you can PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

It happened to me once, although I don't drive the ATS nearly as much as my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by louie1487 View Post
    It happened to me the on the way home from the dealer (May '13). Stopped at a gas station, turned the car on and the gauges didn't work all the way home, but that was the only time it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    It happened to me once, although I don't drive the ATS nearly as much as my wife.
    Hello louie1487 and SLA,

I apologize that you have experienced this concern with your gauges as well. If it happens again, please keep us updated and we would be happy to assist you in setting up an appointment or working with a dealership to look into this concern. Please feel free to private message us with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and preferred dealership if you would like our assistance. Thank you for taking the time to read our post and please be sure to keep us updated.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    louie1487 likes this.

I have been going back and fourth with the dealership and GM. The dealer ship told me they can not duplicate the problem. They act as if it is no big deal and that it. May not happen again. They have had my car now for 3 weeks. I have also lost my CUE System and had the lights on my gear shifter blink off and on while I was driving. I did get to record that at a stop light. I have the 2.5 L and when u first start the car it feels like a freight train. They told me that was the design of the engine and that they could not fix it. I say poor design! So over all of this. Just want what I paid for with out the heart ache. fearful when I have to drive this car again.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Quote Originally Posted by tami36912
    the lights on my gear shifter blink off and on while I was driving. I did get to record that at a stop light. I have the 2.5 L and when u first start the car it feels like a freight train.
    I recorded the shift lights blinking too. They know how to fix that as it was common. I drive a 2.5 ATS courtesy car during service. I have found it surprisingly quick on the low end.

I have been going back and fourth with the dealership and GM. The dealer ship told me they can not duplicate the problem. They act as if it is no big deal and that it. May not happen again. They have had my car now for 3 weeks. I have also lost my CUE System and had the lights on my gear shifter blink off and on while I was driving. I did get to record that at a stop light. I have the 2.5 L and when u first start the car it feels like a freight train. They told me that was the design of the engine and that they could not fix it. I say poor design! So over all of this. Just want what I paid for with out the heart ache. fearful when I have to drive this car again.
    Hello tami36912,

I apologize that the dealership has not been able to duplicate the concern. I can definitely understand being without your car for three weeks is frustrating, as well as the dealership not being able to replicate the concern. Have you noticed any specific conditions when this happens that might help the dealership duplicate the concern? Some of these conditions might be, temperature, speed, or amount of time your vehicle has been running. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via private message if we can look into the situation any further on your behalf.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

It always amazes me when people come away from a dealer with the impression the dealer thinks there is nothing to do because they can't duplicate the problem. I suspect its because some dealers actually do feel that way.

The fact they can't duplicate a problem you can prove via pics or videos has zero bearing on their responsibility to fix the car. Its not the owners fault their diagnostics can't tell them what part to replace or connection to check or bolt to tighten.

Fortunately we have lemon laws to protect us from deadbeat dealers and manufacturers. Start documenting as required in your jurisdiction. And try another dealer immediately if your account of their attitude is accurate (sometime people exaggerate when upset).

And since most problems are NOT isolated to just one car and because this is a safety issue, report it to the NHTSA. They will watch for trends and can force a manufacturer to expedite a solution to a problem. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml
    tami36912 likes this.

#ddddddddddddddf

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.