Eibach pro kit quick review
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Eibach pro kit quick review in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Box and packaging: Nothing special standard Eibach box, whats great is that these come with shortened bump stops, which is ...
    Jakb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Eibach pro kit quick review

Box and packaging:
    Nothing special standard Eibach box, whats great is that these come with shortened bump stops, which is not usually the case
    You will also notice that they are much lighter then the OEM springs

Installation:
    The installation was done by my mechanic who has done numerous springs and coilovers install from me on a lot of different cars , he described the process on this car as very simple and straightforward . he spent 1 hour on the fronts springs and about 45min to do the rears.

Drop:
    If you’re looking for an aggressive dropped look these are not for you and you’d be better served in waiting for coilovers to be available. However if like me you’re looking to reduce the huge gap but maintaining ride quality these are perfect .

I measured my car at 14.5" Front and 14.25" rear before install and 13.75" Front and 13.5" rear right after. After 4 days and about 500Km I measured again and got 13.5" Front and 13.25" rear. I wil measure again next week Tuesday after alignment but from my experience with Eibach I expect them to settle at around 13.25" Front and 13.0" rear

Driving impression:
    First thing you’ll notice on initial drive is a little bounciness which is typical of lowering springs upon installation however the more you drive the car and they settle it mostly goes away . The second thing you’ll notice and be glad of is the ride quality while the car does ride slightly firmer it really only slightly as a reference I am on non run flat winter tires and with the springs installed its still at least 50% less firm and harsh then with the runflats.

I purposely drove on some very bad roads with railroad tracks and can honestly say there is little difference than stock
    While I did put good mileage since the install I did not get a chance to do any aggressive driving so I wont be able to really comment on the handling for another few days but right now I’m very happy with the way the car feels , I did install the BWoody links at the same time so that plays a role

Notes :
    • An alignment is a must after install if you look at the car from behind before and after you will notice the toe in has definitely changed
    • I run slightly taller tires then stock which closes the gap a little bit also
    • Expect an update in about 1 1/2 week when I install my summer wheel and tires and have the alignment done

All In all I’m very happy with this mod and I’m sure you will be also if you choose that route
    Jack

Packaging:

Before:

After:

Ihuntv8, transam00 and Ragtop 99 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dirty south Guest

Re: Eibach pro kit quick review

Hey Jak,

Looking good...Curious, what size tires do you have on there? If they're wider as well as taller, I'd love to see a pic from the rear of the car...

Thanks!

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

hmmm I'm not 100% sure why, but I actually like the way yours sat before the drop with these winter tires/rims. Kind of looks like there is just a lot of weight in the trunk. I think it could just be the wheels though.. Look forward to seeing it on your summer setup.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    hmmm I'm not 100% sure why, but I actually like the way yours sat before the drop with these winter tires/rims. Kind of looks like there is just a lot of weight in the trunk. I think it could just be the wheels though.. Look forward to seeing it on your summer setup.
    i think the dirt of the car and the wheelwell shadow over the wheel is adding to that effect. im sure it would look better if it was clean with proper lighting. just like the red ATS that eibach used to take their pics.

as far as the review goes, have u noticed one of the sides sitting lower than the other? when i put my springs on, the driver side sat about a half an inch lower than the other side. now i think its closer to being the same. ive aligned it 2 times since getting the springs so far. will align again.

the initial bouncyness was very annoying and i thought it would stay like that forever. glad it went away.

the ride quality at first was smoother than stock. now its about the same. maybe its just me.

springs are def lighter. they also send u eibach stickers, rated at 50 HP each. i havent dybnoed it but stickers are always a guarantee when it comes to HP gains.

the installation for me was a nightmare since this was my first time.

even though its a small drop, u still got to be extremely careful with driveways and dips....ive scraped the mudgaurds on the bottom of the bumper a few times now.

all in all, its an amazing upgrade in my opinion. very happy with it. i agree with OP's review
    Ihuntv8 and mikesblueats like this.

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    i think the dirt of the car and the wheelwell shadow over the wheel is adding to that effect.
    Yeah, that's probably part of it as well.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

Fixed
    they also send u eibach stickers, rated at .50 g each.
    You were confusing them with K&N and Mobil 1 stickers.
    donavo, Ihuntv8 and mikesblueats like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty south View Post
    Hey Jak,

Looking good...Curious, what size tires do you have on there? If they're wider as well as taller, I'd love to see a pic from the rear of the car...

Thanks!
    They're 215/50/17 Michelin X-Ice winters they are about 1/2 inch taller than stock
    For summer I will be running Yoko AD08 in 235/40/18 on 18x9 wheels its a very fat tire and wider then most 255 tires , at 9.1" it actually has the same tread width as a 265/35/18 Hankook V12

----------

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    i think the dirt of the car and the wheelwell shadow over the wheel is adding to that effect. im sure it would look better if it was clean with proper lighting. just like the red ATS that eibach used to take their pics.
    Yeah took a few quick pics for the review with the phone quality is so so, I will definitely post better pics when I get a chance

----------

as far as the review goes, have u noticed one of the sides sitting lower than the other? when i put my springs on, the driver side sat about a half an inch lower than the other side. now i think its closer to being the same. ive aligned it 2 times since getting the springs so far. will align again.
    did not notice it but it would not be abnormal , check the Bimmer forums you'll see its normal that the driver side rear is a little lower

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Look at all that snow!!!

Good to see everyone enjoying these springs as much as I am
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Updated the first post with better after pics

Still little to no noticeable difference in ride quality?

Still ride great
    real test will be when I install my summer tires which have a much more rigid sidewall

Quote Originally Posted by Jakb View Post
    Still ride great
    sigh... that's not what I wanted to hear. You are costing me money.

DiabloMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Buy them, you will have no regrets.

I can't find a downside to these springs yet....
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    Diablosport.com

Here's a few pics with the new wheels on

Ragtop 99 and carpenter like this.

transam00 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

About time someone puts good tires on their car . Treadwear 180 and 326.00 a tire . Im a nitto man and im thinking about R compound or something close .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.