Service stabilitrak
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Service stabilitrak in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Got this lovey message coming home from work last night. Anyone else get a "Service Stabilitrak" on the DIC recently? ...
    db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Angry Service stabilitrak

Got this lovey message coming home from work last night. Anyone else get a "Service Stabilitrak" on the DIC recently?

Drove a few interstate miles yesterday (nothing aggressive) and the first light I hit after the exit ramp I notice my car is idling rough. Then the CEL starts flashing then "Service Stabilitrak" displays on the DIC accompanied by traction off and stabilitrak off indicators. RPMs looked unaffected but I notice the car is down power and brakes harder.

Hoping this wasn't a performance mod induced problem (p35 and lowering springs).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Backin82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6L

Re: Service stabilitrak

I have had two occurrences of the "Service Stabiltrak" warning. The first time the dealership diagnosed a problem with a senor in the steering column and replaced it. It seemed to fix the problem for a time but then last week I had the warning occur again. Since, I have taken the car back for maintenance but don't have a answer yet to the problem as the car is still in the shop. I'll update when I get her back.

I didn't notice the power and brake being affected but I took the car in almost immediately. Please update if your dealership shows that to be true.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post
    Got this lovey message coming home from work last night. Anyone else get a "Service Stabilitrak" on the DIC recently?

Drove a few interstate miles yesterday (nothing aggressive) and the first light I hit after the exit ramp I notice my car is idling rough. Then the CEL starts flashing then "Service Stabilitrak" displays on the DIC accompanied by traction off and stabilitrak off indicators. RPMs looked unaffected but I notice the car is down power and brakes harder.

Hoping this wasn't a performance mod induced problem (p35 and lowering springs).
    Hi db_outlaw,

I apologize for any concern caused by the service stabilitrak and rough idle issue. Although I cannot comment on the possibility of a relation with this and your mods, I would be happy to look into this issue for you. If you can PM me your VIN, mileage, and contact information, I can research your concern for you.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post

im sure the dealer will blame it on the springs. i had a navigation issue and they blamed it on an LED light in the trunk.

I took the car in this morning and all the CELs/warnings tripped again during the short commute. Service manager agreed that when the Stabilitrak error occurred that it was pulling power and affecting many things like the brakes. It's been at the shop since 8am. No update yet.

I Googled the issue and saw something about a senor in the wheel hub that was loose for another owner and another instance resulted in a new PCM. So we have two extremes. Either way, I suspect I'll be in a loaner tonight.

Regarding the springs, the dealer installed those so hopefully they wold stand behind their work if that caused the issue.

I'll keep you all updated when I find out something definitive.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I had "power steering" "srvc stabilitrack" both come on once, hit a huge pothole and they went away

Turns out I have one of those lovely bad pistons. Car will be down a few days. Thank God for the TSB = covered.

Backin82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6L

Bad piston? Have not heard of that issue before. Is this a documented problem linked to the stabilitrak warning? My car is already in the shop, I hope the techs are smart enough to check for it.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

This is a brake piston, right?

I assumed it was a cylinder piston. She said piston and ring.

Did some Googling and it was a TSB on our rods not our pistons... http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/12/...t-be-recalled/

:confizzled:

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    This is a brake piston, right?

dirty south Guest

I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the motor...I had the Stabilitrak warning for a bit...actually has come on a couple times since they replaced some sensor but it's been very infrequent, so I'm just going to keep an eye on things and hope that it fully takes a crap before the warranty is up...Mine was definitely related to the rear brakes/EPB system...I've also seen the EPB stick a handful of times...I love the car but think the EPB is a horrible idea...

I'm curious to hear more details about your...

I don't have an EPB.

Quick Update: My car is still down after a week. All four pistons, rings, bolts and head gasket are being replaced on GM's dime. They even took care of the left low beam recall. Service Manager said that one of the pistons was cracked all the way around and a huge chunk was on the verge of falling off. She said that this was probably causing drivability issues for a while. Even gave me the green light to retune after I break the engine back in. Glad they're mod friendly.

dirty south Guest

Wow! That's awesome that they're working with you like that...How many miles on your car?

Thanks for the update...

about 12k

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.