More Base Radio rage
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, More Base Radio rage in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Ok has anyone here honestly figured out how the @#$@ to get piece of shit to read SD cards properly?! ...
    Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

More Base Radio rage

Ok has anyone here honestly figured out how the @#$@ to get piece of shit to read SD cards properly?! I can get it to read up to 10 folders (Artists) and anything more than that the radio craps itself, gives me unknown devices and BOTH the radio and DIC go black!!! Sometimes it'll read only 3/4 of the artists and sometimes none at all! WHAT THE HELL! I've reformatted the card to every single type of format you can do and NOTHING works!.

The Radio's been replaced 4... yes FOUR times and it DOESN'T HELP! It wont read USB sticks right either, same shit as the memory card, load up too many artists and the car goes full retard.

I really dont want to be lectured about having bought a base radio, I had just turned 24, in univ. and heard I could get a brand new award winning Cadillac Sports sedan for less than a cruze per month and had no CLUE the base stereo was such an epic pile of steaming cow shit...sue me, I wont be fooled twice, I'm looking to get rid of the f*#@$@ing car but in the MEAN time I'm stuck with it, seriously, every other Caddy gets cue, the 2.0 should automatically get it as well, whoever at GM thought this radio had a place in a Cadillac needs to be tarred feathered and fired.

So has anyone figured it out?? I'm sincerely raging right now over this stereo, ready to roll the god damn thing off a cliff....

/rant
    donavo and marcjacal like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: More Base Radio rage

I say this a lot: I think you need another dealer who can fix your system. No manufacturer replaces parts that are working per design, no matter how bad that design might be because it would just be a waste of time. That means they believe something IS wrong with your particular system or they would NOT have replaced it 4 times. The dealer just sucks at fixing your particular problem. Get a new dealer and/or work better with that one.

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Can't be much help; actually I might be rubbing salt in your wound because I have CUE and it reads my SD card just fine but I only have 2 folders. It's a 32GB Sans Disk SD card.

Selling a car because of finicky stereo seems a bit overdramatic. Provided a dealership can't fix your problem, wouldn't it be wiser to just switch to an aftermarket radio instead. I think that would be win-win with a non-CUE deck. There are aftermarket decks out there that accept USB/SD media.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post
    Can't be much help; actually I might be rubbing salt in your wound because I have CUE and it reads my SD card just fine but I only have 2 folders. It's a 32GB Sans Disk SD card.

Selling a car because of finicky stereo seems a bit overdramatic. Provided a dealership can't fix your problem, wouldn't it be wiser to just switch to an aftermarket radio instead. I think that would be win-win with a non-CUE deck. There are aftermarket decks out there that accept USB/SD media.
    lol can u imagine what the interior will look like?

Quote Originally Posted by db_outlaw View Post

lol imagine how that would work haha! and I feel that with the ATS the radio sorta makes the car, its not like its a few years old and you can just swap the deck, I really just can't live with it, and now I figured out that its using FAT16 technology... thats just the last straw with it.

Out of curiosity, what kind of a deal did you get on your ats? Maybe it's so good you could get the cue installed and still be fine

kustom71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS sedan 2.5 Standard

The CUE seems like its GOD
    It really does everything right

I asked around and i dont think you can get CUE installed in a car that didnt come with it but if anyone finds out different i would do that definetly!
    Bob

2014 ATS 2.5
    Black on black
    Standard

you cant^ at the moment I'm looking at a few other cars anyways, I haven't found a used ATS with CUE in my budget, but I'm looking at a 300 SRT, a 2010 Camaro SS RS and a, Evo9 to replace the caddy.

neows6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    Steve,I have a 2014 ATS only 3 weeks old.
    I can get the SD card to read as of this moment 27 different artists
    With multiple albums in sub folders
    Then multiple songs in those sub folders.

I used Google music manager.

Quote Originally Posted by neows6 View Post
    Steve,I have a 2014 ATS only 3 weeks old.
    I can get the SD card to read as of this moment 27 different artists
    With multiple albums in sub folders
    Then multiple songs in those sub folders.

I used Google music manager.
    Do you have a base radio? Try adding more than 4Gigs of music, that's what the issue is. I've realized that the SD card's issue isn't reading folder amounts which I initially thought, it's that it'll only read FAT16(I think this was posted in the other thread), so it'll read UP to 4G of music and no more, so now I have a 4gig card plugged in with...4g of music, all artists are properly separated etc... and a 4gig stick(can't be more than 4gigs as you can't format to FAT and it wont read it) plugged in for 4G more... I love music and 8 gigs really isn't enough but I'll have to live with it for now.
    marcjacal likes this.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Sorry man, caddy really did not "finish" off the car prior to launching. Bean counters must have been pressing the issue.

neows6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    Yes its a base no CUE radio. No I'm currently under 4GB. 4GB is a lot of music.
    I don't think I'll get that high I'm using the Bluetooth to aux adapter very successfully for both Pandora and Google music. Plus with the Voice command in the car and google now (android siri) I just say "Voice" which puts my droid maxx into listen mode so I then say
    "Play artist song" and done.

Would a 64gb ipod plugged into the car work better at just being music storage instead of the flash drive? I feel like these were designed to work well with Apple products. (I'm anti apple)

yup my old iphone (I LOVE my S4 way more btw) was 32Gigs and it works great in the car, however seems that with winter it just saps the iphones battery anytime the cars off, thats an issue as many of my drives aren't long enough to charge it so its always in a flat state and I really hate having to flip the console open and having to take it in all the time and charge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    yup my old iphone (I LOVE my S4 way more btw) was 32Gigs and it works great in the car, however seems that with winter it just saps the iphones battery anytime the cars off, thats an issue as many of my drives aren't long enough to charge it so its always in a flat state and I really hate having to flip the console open and having to take it in all the time and charge it.
    Ah yes you mentioned that before. Dam. Hopefully something gets figured out. I don't care what anyone says, but if bt audio streaming is offered in a garbage car, it should very well be in a cadillac. Now let's hear all the genius people scream 'well you should have bought a different car!!' my grandmother doesn't even throw cheap punches like that lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.