More Base Radio rage - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, More Base Radio rage in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by neows6 Yes its a base no CUE radio. No I'm currently under 4GB. 4GB is a lot ...
    marcjacal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD

Re: More Base Radio rage

Quote Originally Posted by neows6 View Post
    Yes its a base no CUE radio. No I'm currently under 4GB. 4GB is a lot of music.
    I don't think I'll get that high I'm using the Bluetooth to aux adapter very successfully for both Pandora and Google music. Plus with the Voice command in the car and google now (android siri) I just say "Voice" which puts my droid maxx into listen mode so I then say
    "Play artist song" and done.
    Bluetooth to Aux adapter? What's that? I've tried plugging in my phone to the aux port via the phones headphone port and it doesn't sound good at all. No volume and an audible hiss. How can I get this poorly designed radio (Base, non CUE) to stream music from my phone?

Thanks for any help

Philly82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 RWD Auto Black Raven

I too had this problem. I don't think it is a 4gb limit as much as a you can't fill completely or even mostly fill the SD card. I bought a 16 gb card and excitedly filled it up with music only to realize like many others that half of my music randomly disappeared. Then I started removing songs until it worked correctly. Eventually I ended up just buying another 16gb card and filling both cards half way up with music and they worked fine. Then I got tired of switching SD cards so I bought a used 32gb Ipod and haven't had any more problems. It is full and doesn't seem to have any problems at all. And as a plus the Ipod interface allows you to choose artist, playlist, genre, etc though the non-cue factory interface. I wish they would make the car compatible with Android as I am generally anti anything Apple. But it was worth the sacrifice for my music.

don.davis is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance

OK, OK...
    Given that:
    1. You obviously want more than 4GB of music at your fingertips
    2. You're not getting that from a USB drive or SD card
    3. You're technically inclined
    4. You don't want this to be such a hassle...

Go with an external solution, like a used iPod, and use that as a controller. I even dropped ALL my audio (books and music) onto a 1TB external usb drive, plugged that into a pocket router (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and ran that from under the passenger seat. Basically it gives you a wi-fi hot spot in your car with a virtual LAN sharing that big drive on your in-car network. Then with a tablet or your phone or whatever, you have whatever media you want and you can pump it through your car stereo either BT or aux. It worked well as a proof of concept. For way less than a replacement head unit, you could set this up or something similar.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.