More Base Radio rage - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, More Base Radio rage in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by donavo Now let's hear all the genius people scream 'well you should have bought a different car!!' ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: More Base Radio rage

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    Now let's hear all the genius people scream 'well you should have bought a different car!!' my grandmother doesn't even throw cheap punches like that lol
    By making the example YOUR grandmother, you are implying other grandmothers do. That's pretty easy to say from the safety and anonymity of your keyboard. Our grandmothers will be waiting for you at the corner of 5th and Main at 9 PM if you're man enough.

louie1487 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    You should have just done your research before getting overexcited about the car.You could gave got a fully loaded Malibu for the price of a base.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by louie1487 View Post
    You should have just done your research before getting overexcited about the car.You could gave got a fully loaded Malibu for the price of a base.
    aaaaaand there it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    By making the example YOUR grandmother, you are implying other grandmothers do. That's pretty easy to say from the safety and anonymity of your keyboard. Our grandmothers will be waiting for you at the corner of 5th and Main at 9 PM if you're man enough.
    what have i done...

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    aaaaaand there it is...
    It would be more interesting if you could make your predictions in the form of quatrains. Just a suggestion.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Since you can have about 200 songs per GB, 4 GB should hold about 1000 songs. Of course, that doesn't include album art, so maybe 900? Either way, that's a lot of songs. Since you use now both the card and stick adding up to 8GB, that's about 2000 songs. I don't have the base radio, and have the CUE (and quite frankly, don't know if there is a GB limitation on it), but I doubt if I have a 1000 songs on my stick; and I'm a music freak as well. How many songs do you have? Just curious' I know it doesn't solve your problem.....but do you really have over 2000 songs?

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

lol Oh ya^ I love my music, I've been playing guitar/electric guitar and drums since I was 7 and next to cars and business, music is my life, I think I have close to 400G worth of music on my external harddrive. Everything from Classic Rock/Classical/Pop/Hardrock/Alternative/Heavy Metal/Some Rap/etc etc etc

Yesterday I went for my first drive out with the memory card/stick system with my girlfriend and my stereo crashed 4 times on the way to dinner while my girl was searching for songs, the screen just shit itself, went black and my DIC wen't black... really frustrating this all is...

db_outlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I didn't realize what the stock radio looked like. Also appears Metra does not make a dash kit for it. However, you could install a secondary radio in the glove box. People do this all the time when they need to keep their HVAC controls from the stock HU. Certainly a better option than selling your car which you already modified (trim kit, filter?, tune?).

Hot Rod Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Manual STD

I now have a 2G thumb drive and a 2G SD card working. Time to re-format my library to WMA to reduce the size and load up. I feel much better about my car's radio. I found a used 2013 Premium 3.6 rwd with 8K miles for $34k (Sweet!) that almost became 'Raven's replacement!

JTS2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS4 2.0T

I share your rage (I have the base radio), probably not to the same extent. I have an older Kingston 8GB SDHC card, and I have about 2.8GB loaded on it (I think). I used SyncPlaylist (free program) to create playlists on the card. I just made each artist its own playlist.

Here are my issues, maybe you have them, maybe you don't, but if you can let me know if it's the same for you i'd appreciate it:
    - If I just throw all my songs on the card, all in the same folder, the radio will not sort by album or even artist (which is why I created playlists for all artists)
    - 80% of the time, I just like listening to all songs on random (having all in one folder works fine for this, but not the other 20% when I want to listen by artist), but making playlists for each artist only plays random songs within that folder
    - To solve this, I made another playlist named 'random', with ALL of the songs on it (yes, the SD card has 2 copies of every song). So when I listen to my random folder, it works 75% of the time, the other 25% it will just start playing all songs from the same artist! Ridiculous!

The fact that it won't sort songs by artist (with all songs in one folder), and then turn around and play all songs by artist when they are in different folders, is mind-numbingly stupid. Thoughts?

listrats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD

If you want a car to sort your playlist, get a car with an infotainment system instead of a base radio which never does anything of that sort. You get what you pay for. Get CUE next time.

Shooter2384 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury 2.0t AWD
    Invest in a 160gb iPod Classic. I have found it to be the best medium for getting my music into my vehicles. I have CUE though, and before my ATS I always had aftermarket head units.

kustom71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS sedan 2.5 Standard

Quote Originally Posted by listrats View Post
    If you want a car to sort your playlist, get a car with an infotainment system instead of a base radio which never does anything of that sort. You get what you pay for. Get CUE next time.

Wow
    That was really hard to come up with huh?
    Most everyone who has these problems knows that now
    Bob

2014 ATS 2.5
    Black on black
    Standard

Quote Originally Posted by listrats View Post
    you know if it was a sonic/cruze I'd understand that jab but I figured I was buying a Cadillac so at MINIMUM it'd be able to read FAT32 media drives.
    donavo likes this.

trimtab81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.5 Luxury

It's amazing how the little things that plague this care make me loathe my next trip to anywhere...unless it is to another dealership...I've had my ATS for two months now and am seriously considering going upside down to trade for something that doesn't drive me crazy.

well I didn't LOATHE trips anywhere lol it was still a fun car to drive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.