First ATS problem......Help
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, First ATS problem......Help in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Went to start my car the other day and it seemed to be running on 2 cylinders, violently shaking and ...
    ATS2.0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD

First ATS problem......Help

Went to start my car the other day and it seemed to be running on 2 cylinders, violently shaking and strong smell of gas and also when i went into reverse it would just die........I bought this car used knowing it had prior issues like this and the dealer said it was fixed for sure...They replaced all the injectors and dove it for 1kmiles and they said it was fine. So now lets see what they do any ideas on what it might be or have any other owners experienced what I have? Its a 2.0T RWD 2013

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jsehlms is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T LUX 6MT

Re: First ATS problem......Help

I'd take it to a Cadillac dealer as it should still be under the MFG warranty.

Yes I did they are going to look at it tomorrow and they gave me a loaner

redhead_823 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T M6 RWD

Were you able to rev it up?

jlukavsky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by ATS2.0 View Post
    Went to start my car the other day and it seemed to be running on 2 cylinders, violently shaking and strong smell of gas and also when i went into reverse it would just die........I bought this car used knowing it had prior issues like this and the dealer said it was fixed for sure...They replaced all the injectors and dove it for 1kmiles and they said it was fine. So now lets see what they do any ideas on what it might be or have any other owners experienced what I have? Its a 2.0T RWD 2013
    Best thing to do would be to have someone meet you at the dealer, drop the loaner off, and tell them you don't want that car back, sounds like they screwed you.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I am sorry to hear of the concerns you are experiencing with your ATS, ATS2.0. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing for you. If you would like to further discuss your situation and have my involvement while working with your dealership, please let me know. Send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

yikes, sounds like one big 'ol bowl of fun... best leg to stand on would be to grab the VIN and run a history to see if they recorded the service to the car BEFORE you bought it, then at least you have written proof it was f$%$#ed before you bought it, if theirs no proof you could be legally s.o.l

...why did you buy a car that had a prior issue like that anyways? I hope you got it for a song..

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo
    yikes, sounds like one big 'ol bowl of fun... best leg to stand on would be to grab the VIN and run a history to see if they recorded the service to the car BEFORE you bought it, then at least you have written proof it was f$%$#ed before you bought it, if theirs no proof you could be legally s.o.l ...why did you buy a car that had a prior issue like that anyways? I hope you got it for a song..
    I would imagine so.

Yes we got a deal on it and they said they fixed the issue by replacing the injectors. And also yea I can rev it but not alot. Lets see what happens hopefully they will make it right

Best of luck, keep us posted!!!

UPdate! Dealer called today and says we found a hole in the engine and there was antifreeze leaking into the engine, The hole is repairable he said but he ordered a new engine for me and ecu....and he says you can see what you want to do after we put the engine in...So maybe I can trade up to a better model and tell them im not happy about this new engine situation. Thoughts on what I should do?

The dealer is doing a great job and they are very helpful.
    ben.gators likes this.

redhead_823 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T M6 RWD

I think you should be happy with a new engine.

Can you give any more details on where the antifreeze was leaking to and from?
    Antifreeze in either the combustion chamber or crankcase is detrimental to the engine, and there is no way you would want to have it "repaired".

That sounds great, best of luck!

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012

UPdate! Dealer called today and says we found a hole in the engine and there was antifreeze leaking into the engine, The hole is repairable he said but he ordered a new engine for me and ecu....and he says you can see what you want to do after we put the engine in...So maybe I can trade up to a better model and tell them im not happy about this new engine situation. Thoughts on what I should do?

The dealer is doing a great job and they are very helpful.

If new engine solves the problem be appreciative, leveraging this issue to trade up to another model under those circumstances would not be ethical IMO. That said if you honestly still have issues after the new engine you should peruse to a reasonable conclusion.

Yes they are doing a great job now but If I do have problems with the car I Will go from there
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.