Bose with sub?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Bose with sub? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; New to the forums and I love the looks of the ats. I'm looking for an ats to purchase but ...
    rtothek is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bose with sub?

New to the forums and I love the looks of the ats. I'm looking for an ats to purchase but was curious if the upgraded 10 speaker Bose system has a sub in it? I don't think I want the standard 7 speaker set up but to get the 10 speaker set up I heard I need the nav CUE. In the options it shows the performance trim has the 10 speakers, would anyone know for sure as I don't want to spend the extra grand for the nav. The sales person said I probably couldn't tell the difference between the 10 speakers and the 7, he said its a Bose and will sound excellent no matter what.
    Just saw the pics of the new coupe coming out late summer and might just wait for that.
    I've been driving trucks my whole life and am going to trade in my truck for my ats. A lil nervous about the change. Thanks for any info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Welcome. As far as I know they all come with a sub. And you do need nav for the premium sound. But to be honest going from the 10 speakers in my car to the 7 in a loaner ats, i couldn't tell the diff. Definitely go and see for yourself. Bring an aux cable and your phone with your fave music to the dealer. The aux port is in the center console. Test both sound systems

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Bose with sub?

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    And you do need nav for the premium sound.
    That's true for a Luxury trim but the premium sound has some strange links with other options among the trims. You can get Premium Sound without Nav in the base and Performance. In the base, if it has the optional CUE, you get the Premium sound with it. For a Luxury, the only way to get premium sound is to order nav.

db_outlaw is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 2.0T

The extra speakers are small drivers in the rear deck for rear fill. FWIW I have a performance edition with CUE and 10 speaker system.

carpenter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Yes, both the 7 and 10 speaker configurations have the 10" woofer in the rear deck. Along with the 10" woofer the 10 speaker config has:
    2.5-inch Twiddler« mid/high-range speakers set on either side of the rear deck.
    Two 5.25-inch wide-range speakers are located in the rear doors
    6.5-inch woofer mounted in each front door.
    3.25-inch Twiddler« neodymium mid/high-range speaker in the center of the instrument panel
    1-inch tweeters in each A-pillar

reference from Bose: https://globalpressroom.bose.com/us-...elease/view/40

rtothek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thank you all for the great info, I think I will get the 10 speaker set up. I'm starting to think if I'm getting the performance I mine as well go all out and get the nav. Every car I've ever had has had aftermarket speakers and subs but I don't think I want to mess with my first new car. Also the noise canceling from the Bose unit. I'm glad to hear it comes with a sub since that's what I'm used to. I know from YouTube that the nav from the 2013's where lagish, how does your nav perform?

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by rtothek View Post
    Thank you all for the great info, I think I will get the 10 speaker set up. I'm starting to think if I'm getting the performance I mine as well go all out and get the nav. Every car I've ever had has had aftermarket speakers and subs but I don't think I want to mess with my first new car. Also the noise canceling from the Bose unit. I'm glad to hear it comes with a sub since that's what I'm used to. I know from YouTube that the nav from the 2013's where lagish, how does your nav perform?
    mine is fine. i dont think there is any nav unit out there that works as fluid as google maps or something. so as far as nav units go, its just fine. it looks very nice too. especially if tehres 3d buildings

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

I have the luxury and premium sound with the NAV. I heard the 7 speaker and didn't think it was that great. 10 sounds good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.