Any exhaust reviews? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Any exhaust reviews? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by donavo yes to all ur statements. i believe i have the reciept from the shop that made ...
    Jakb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Any exhaust reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    yes to all ur statements. i believe i have the reciept from the shop that made mine. ill see if the part number is on there when i get home.
    Lol
    I did not realize it was you car , nice
    If you do not have the part numbers on the bill check if the size of the mufflers and tips (did the tips come separate or already on?) is written and post a picture of the mufflers
    its pretty straightforward to find the model number with that info

PetrolHead is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 Standard Red Obsession 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    Just found this vid. Absolutely fantastic sound. Looks not so good though.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U0LuP-f9nI4
    That's the Vermont Tuning turbo back. I love the way it sounds. So much turbo sound. I remember hearing this was just a test and that fitment was nowhere near complete. The final product apparently looks much better.

sqkid89 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolHead View Post
    That's the Vermont Tuning turbo back. I love the way it sounds. So much turbo sound. I remember hearing this was just a test and that fitment was nowhere near complete. The final product apparently looks much better.
    I hope so, those mufflers look waaaaay too low.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I didn't see it on their website

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by Jakb View Post
    Lol
    I did not realize it was you car , nice
    If you do not have the part numbers on the bill check if the size of the mufflers and tips (did the tips come separate or already on?) is written and post a picture of the mufflers
    its pretty straightforward to find the model number with that info
    so i couldnt find the number on the reciepts
    the mufflers are about 15 inches long. the pipes going into the mufflers are at 3 inch diameter if i remember right?
    i also uploaded a few more vids of the interior while driving. theyre not good vids by any means but they will give you an idea of what it sounds from the inside.
    (wasnt easy driving MT and holding the phone at a better angle so this lame angle will have to do)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WEm7KgqCFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOK1gOS8SFQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msdNUh1FSO4

in that last one, about halfway, i turn on the trifecta tune (u can notice the cruise control light go off)

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I didn't see it on their website
    If you are serious about it, e-mail Brian. I talked with him briefly about a custom exhaust. What caught my eye was an improved Y-Pipe that happened to show up in a another picture.

Quote Originally Posted by donavo
    so i couldnt find the number on the reciepts the mufflers are about 15 inches long. the pipes going into the mufflers are at 3 inch diameter if i remember right? i also uploaded a few more vids of the interior while driving. theyre not good vids by any means but they will give you an idea of what it sounds from the inside. (wasnt easy driving MT and holding the phone at a better angle so this lame angle will have to do) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WEm7KgqCFg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOK1gOS8SFQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msdNUh1FSO4 in that last one, about halfway, i turn on the trifecta tune (u can notice the cruise control light go off)
    Dude, you ROCK! Thank you. I'll call your shop and see if they remember. They nailed it! Hell, I'll even give them the business if they can. That would really help me love my car even more.
    donavo likes this.

Dude, you ROCK! Thank you. I'll call your shop and see if they remember. They nailed it! Hell, I'll even give them the business if they can. That would really help me love my car even more.
    lol thanks thanks. and yeah ull def love ur car more.
    the shop is called "muffler man" if you want to call and ask. located somewhere in Placentia, CA

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Are they putting the stock downpipe back on for dev testing? I'm interested in the catback but am very particular about tone and want absolutely zero drone. I'll be running the stock DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihuntv8 View Post
    They are doing turbo back exhaust, there also doing two downpipes, one with high flow cat, and one without!
    You will be able to order just a downpipe back exhaust, or turbo back. Downpipe back exhaust will bolt right to the factory downpipe

----------

Once they give me the ok, I will post up pics and video clips. I will do in car sound clips at cruise, WOT, also get better sound clips while car is on the dyno!

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    so i couldnt find the number on the reciepts
    the mufflers are about 15 inches long. the pipes going into the mufflers are at 3 inch diameter if i remember right?
    These are satin finish so they're universal mufflers
    One of the standard size for Magnaflow is 14" (next up is 18") so that's what it should be and your tips look like 4" so looking at the video and extrapolating from that your mufflers should be 5x8 ovals and finally it look like a center/center offset

So if they used 3" (3"is overkill unless you plan on doing a full line replacement with down pipes IMO) part number would be 12219
    I'm thinking of using the same model but 2.5 inch part # 12216

These are satin finish so they're universal mufflers
    One of the standard size for Magnaflow is 14" (next up is 18") so that's what it should be and your tips look like 4" so looking at the video and extrapolating from that your mufflers should be 5x8 ovals and finally it look like a center/center offset

So if they used 3" (3"is overkill unless you plan on doing a full line replacement with down pipes IMO) part number would be 12219
    I'm thinking of using the same model but 2.5 inch part # 12216
    one thing i did notice is that the pipe going into the muffler is not centered in the oval. its more to the side. and the pipe exiting in the rear of the muffler is center

but regarding OP, as far as a review goes, heres my small review on my setup.

i literally could not be happier with my car after this. when i got it, it sounded way too quiet and being an MT car, i had to constantly look at the RPM so i know when to shift. i couldnt hear or feel the engine rpm at the time. the exhaust really made the car sound much much better. i was very worried it would sound like a rice rocket or a fart can (all my un-informed friends would make fun of me before i got the exhaust with "its gonna sound like a honda ricer, bla bla bla"). but when the shop called me and i went to see it, i couldnt believe my ears. it sounded amazing. worth every penny in my opinion. of all the mods to do on this car, this one was the most beneficial for me. the only problem i had with the car was the engine sound of the 2.0. if i had to do it again, i would do this mod every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by donavo
    one thing i did notice is that the pipe going into the muffler is not centered in the oval. its more to the side. and the pipe exiting in the rear of the muffler is center but regarding OP, as far as a review goes, heres my small review on my setup. i literally could not be happier with my car after this. when i got it, it sounded way too quiet and being an MT car, i had to constantly look at the RPM so i know when to shift. i couldnt hear or feel the engine rpm at the time. the exhaust really made the car sound much much better. i was very worried it would sound like a rice rocket or a fart can (all my un-informed friends would make fun of me before i got the exhaust with "its gonna sound like a honda ricer, bla bla bla"). but when the shop called me and i went to see it, i couldnt believe my ears. it sounded amazing. worth every penny in my opinion. of all the mods to do on this car, this one was the most beneficial for me. the only problem i had with the car was the engine sound of the 2.0. if i had to do it again, i would do this mod every single time.
    Crap! I forgot to the muffler place today. Agh!

Crap! I forgot to the muffler place today. Agh!
    The shop is called OC Muffler Man
    I spoke earlier with lee and he confirmed that they used a 3" midpipe section feeding 2 Magnaflow 4x9 Center/Offset 2 1/4" mufflers, (11226)
    all piping is mandrel bent and the total job with tips like Donavo will run you around $550
    donavo likes this.

The shop is called OC Muffler Man
    I spoke earlier with lee and he confirmed that they used a 3" midpipe section feeding 2 Magnaflow 4x9 Center/Offset 2 1/4" mufflers, (11226)
    all piping is mandrel bent and the total job with tips like Donavo will run you around $550
    exactly what happened. dont forget stainless steel piping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakb
    The shop is called OC Muffler Man I spoke earlier with lee and he confirmed that they used a 3" midpipe section feeding 2 Magnaflow 4x9 Center/Offset 2 1/4" mufflers, (11226) all piping is mandrel bent and the total job with tips like Donavo will run you around $550
    Awesome!! I wonder if the stock tips can be used? I really like them. Or these:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...=main&id=11762

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.