Where tap power for aftermarket amp - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Where tap power for aftermarket amp in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Is there anything holding that amp in place? How about those leads to the factory sub?...
    sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Re: Where tap power for aftermarket amp

Is there anything holding that amp in place? How about those leads to the factory sub?

CADILLACATS2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

The amp had 4 holes to screw down so it is screwed down to styrofoam (it aint going anywhere)...leads to sub help in by spring clamps

Well I finally couldn't take it anymore and broke down and cut the three red wires to the mic's. Didn't take long to do it but I tried to go without cutting the wires. The booming from the trunk was simply just too much of an annoyance. It wasn't that it was too loud, it was just that I could always hear it even without the radio on, soooooo that's the end of that. Now its on to my DRL project which I am on the fence between aftermarket or OEM for the lower bumper brake duct covers.Any suggestions out there?

duneless is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

You finally did it? and now silence? Mine sounded like I had a v8. It was like night and day after I did it. After my install it took a day and I cut the wires.

Quote Originally Posted by duneless View Post
    You finally did it? and now silence? Mine sounded like I had a v8. It was like night and day after I did it. After my install it took a day and I cut the wires.
    Yea well yours sounded like a V8 but my sub is an 8"....so way less noticeable.

Swapped out the 8" sub and put in a 12" , fits bout the same...Still sitting on the fog light install but will get to it in a month, will post pics after I do it (or take it some where to have it done).

nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T
    I didn't cut the wires I just removed one lead from each mic from the connector at the amp. And never experienced anything. Now it's time to build a fiberglass box and get rid of the big wooden one I've for now. Maybe I'll start tonight. Was a thought and I haven't decided yet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.