Where tap power for aftermarket amp - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Where tap power for aftermarket amp in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by CADILLACATS2013 I am running both at once, I simply tapped the wires on the bose sub leaving ...
    off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

Re: Where tap power for aftermarket amp

Quote Originally Posted by CADILLACATS2013 View Post
    I am running both at once, I simply tapped the wires on the bose sub leaving the bose hooked up and ran to the amp.
    Cool. That was something I wanted to test. I've run single, and double setups before. I just liked the idea of having both. Would love to see pics when you're all done. Where you tapped, etc.

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Cool. I bet you will go bigger down the road. I started with 1 10in in this car. Needed more after a couple months.
    Between the bose 10 and the ported 8...It sounds awesome. I have had much larger subs in the past so had some serious doubt about an 8" sub which to me seemed like it would be glorified mid but it actually works! I get the lows coming through and with the bass knob, I can adjust from song to song how much bass I want. Couldnt be happier

----------

I'm still running both factory sub and the aftermarket.
    Quote Originally Posted by off1c3r View Post
    Are you running both at once? I actually toyed with the idea of getting a smaller sub and setting it to crossover where the Bose cuts out. So I didn't lose the in-cabin sound yet had something that can hit lows that the Bose cant.

CADILLACATS2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS

No going bigger, I need as much trunk space as possible, its all prime real estate back there.

I'll get a pic of mine as soon as I find one.
    No going bigger, I need as much trunk space as possible, its all prime real estate back there.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by duneless View Post
    I'll get a pic of mine as soon as I find one.
    I have to get photobucket. I'm over quota.

Just can't get a pic in

Just can't get a pic in
    Lol. Do you have an imgur?

At work trying photo bucket right now.
    Lol. Do you have an imgur?

----------I guess that worked. Not much room left in the trunk though.

I wasnt willing to give up that much of my trunk but Im sure it must make enough sound to make it worth it for you. I will take pics tomorrow of my setup which is quite sufficient for what I wanted. To each their own.

Cool. Oh yeah to each thier own no doubt. I might down size again. I have it so I can unplug 3 wires and it's out if I want to go on a trip. But my other vehicles are used for weekend trips . I like to have a spare tire but we just have RFS.
    I wasnt willing to give up that much of my trunk but Im sure it must make enough sound to make it worth it for you. I will take pics tomorrow of my setup which is quite sufficient for what I wanted. To each their own.

How do you have a spare???? As for quick disconnect, I just unplug speaker wire and remove the box.

No. No spare. I don't like taking my ATS on a long drive due to no spare. I wish I had a spare. I use one of my other cars. Sorry. And I have to take my power wire, ground and remote off amp and I'm good.
    How do you have a spare???? As for quick disconnect, I just unplug speaker wire and remove the box.

At work trying photo bucket right now.

----------I guess that worked. Not much room left in the trunk though.
    Looks good man. I guess a question for both of you. You hear the frequencies and notes that were lacking in the stock sub with your new sub? I always had this thought that taping after the amp (by the speaker) would give you the same smashed down crossover points that the amp was giving to the sub in the first place?

DSC02106.JPGDSC02107.JPGDSC02109.JPGDSC02110.JPG

SO here are the pics of the sub, the power & ground run to the battery, the amp in the Styrofoam cubby under the cargo mat, and the speaker to rca wires attached at the stock sub. A syou can see from the first pic of jus the sub, you don't see anything and there is still some space left.

I'm sure that I have lost some frequency in the signal going to the after market amp. But this is not noticable at all. I have spent a lot of time tuning with the box port. I made the box out of an old box just using the plexy glass from it. Box was really made from scratch and tuned at 35 hrts or so. So you can get around the lack of signal with a tuned port and tuning you're amp. That's why I go with a 15in sub to get most of the range I want.
    Looks good man. I guess a question for both of you. You hear the frequencies and notes that were lacking in the stock sub with your new sub? I always had this thought that taping after the amp (by the speaker) would give you the same smashed down crossover points that the amp was giving to the sub in the first place?

----------

Looks good man. Looks clean with the smaller box leaving good room and saving wait. The only thing is that amp is going to get hot I assume. It might start to melt the styrofoam. Just check it once in awhile. I'm saying this and you probably already know that. And I really like you're truck mat. I'm going to get that this spring.
    Attachment 183209Attachment 183217Attachment 183225Attachment 183233

SO here are the pics of the sub, the power & ground run to the battery, the amp in the Styrofoam cubby under the cargo mat, and the speaker to rca wires attached at the stock sub. A syou can see from the first pic of jus the sub, you don't see anything and there is still some space left.

I am not concerned about the amp, I had a fosgate T10001BD in a similar setup in my last vehicle and never a problem, this is only 250 and will never go max on sub at 180 RMS. The sub is perfect for what it does which is add more oomph to the factory sub. Anyways its done, its clean, I still got some trunk. I got the mat and the cargo net in there and besides that, I did the HID conversion and a license plate frame and thats all folks, no more mods (till some good aftermarket fog light kits made for the ATS specifically come out).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.