Mustang dyno graphs
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Mustang dyno graphs in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Here are a couple dyno graphs, I'm still experimenting with some parts and trying different things. I will try and ...
    Ihuntv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13ATS AWD, 14CTS-AWD

Mustang dyno graphs

Here are a couple dyno graphs, I'm still experimenting with some parts and trying different things. I will try and upload some videos and pictures on my Facebook page. All the tuning was done with Hp tuners software, and I have been working on it for about 4 months now. The first graph is from when HP first released software, the car at that time had intake tube, catch can I built! The 2nd graph has open filter intake, and full exhaust! Still working on exhaust part, car has a high flow cat still on car, there is going to be some more changes next week, once it is finished I am going to put inter cooler on car and do some more testing!
    2nd graph the boost came in hard and peaked at 28.7 then tapered. This is higher boost pressure than I was trying to target for 93 octane. There was little knock at peak boost but not enough for it to correct. I will post up more info next week!
    https://www.facebook.com/trs.fabrication
    Ancient Mariner and Ragtop 99 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Re: Mustang dyno graphs

Do you have any larger scans? I'm old and my eyes are shot LOL. But yes, that's a lot of boost for 93, be careful with the experimentation!

Yea sorry about how small, there better pics posted on my Facebook page and video sound clip! I've run 28-30 lbs of boost on 93 octane with bigger turbos, that was on Mitsubishi motors, if car is tuned right, only issue would be if a rod broke, or piston! Pistons are the weak link in these motors, ring land is where issues are! Wiseco has some pistons and Manley is working on rods. I wouldn't tune the car to try and blow it up. There is no knock at all at 25-26lbs.

----------

I sent D3 Cadillac an email, I was possibly wanting to see about a rear bumper getting made and building exhaust that exits out of center of car like corvettes. I don't know if anyone would be interested in that. I have a buddy that owns shop called World Class finishes. I may contact him and see what cost would be, there is a company they work with that does injection molding, we could build mold but it would tie up a lot of time.

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

FB page - nice results, especially being a Mustang dyno too.
    Ihuntv8 likes this.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Nice results! What do you guesstimate you can make safely with the car otherwise bone stock? (Boost and power/torque)

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Cool dyno video

Bone stock with just a tune? The first graph I posted was bone stock car versus car with just intake tube to stock air box. Boost on stock car was 17.8, and boost with intake tube was 19.4. That was peak boost for both runs. I left damn graphs at home, but I think it was 188hp stock and 250hp with intake tube. I didn't do any adjustment for boost, I only had changed some of torque management parameters. This was when I first started tuning, after couple weeks of messing around i got the car up to 280hp and thats when I ran the car at drag strip before weather got bad It ran 13.1 @106-107 mph. I'm sure the car will run 12's! I think the car might get down in low 12's high 11's with stock turbo. Might take e85 to do it or race gas, but my goal is to see how fast it will go on 93 octane safe and reliable first.

----------

Simple bolt ons like intake, and tune cars should run low to mid 13's consistently! Add a downpipe to that and It should run high 12's-low13's. full exhaust, intake and tune, should be high 12 second car consistently. Traction will be issue for getting these times, the AWD cars will have a little less power and less mph at drag strip due to driveline, but 60ft times on awd cars will allow for good E.t.'s. My car is awd, and my best 60ft was 1.78 on stock tires, average was in low 1.80's! In the 1/8 mile my best mph was 85.69, and E.T. Was 8.2 seconds.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

If you're at 13.1, the addition of Meth and a downpipe could get you into the low 12s on the stock turbo and 93 octane. Do you recall your 60' time on the 13.1? Did you have enough traction to hammer the car off the line? If you can get the 60' time down into the mid 1.6's, I think 11s are achievable without massive HP.

Edit: Just realized that you are over 320 HP on the second dyno graph on your FB page. 11s are very achievable.

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

Loving all the progress you're making with these cars!

My best 60ft was 1.78. Not really any traction issue at that power level, I do have a set of 4 slicks for 17 inch wheels! Lol

jsehlms is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T LUX 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Ihuntv8 View Post
    My best 60ft was 1.78. Not really any traction issue at that power level, I do have a set of 4 slicks for 17 inch wheels! Lol
    I see you're local, and the name looks familiar. Are you a DSM and/or Speed6 guy as well?

I'm still only at 800 miles, but I'd be interested in talking regarding tuning, exhaust, and intake for my '13 Lux 6MT

Yes I'm from Akron, worked at Buschur racing! Had a couple dsm's and evo's!
    Email me and I will send you some pics of car
    Ihuntv8turbo@gmail.com
    What part of Cleveland u from?

Talked with Corsa exhaust today, I am meeting with there acoustic engineer and possibly rep from GM on Friday! This visit we are doing a ride along to get sound db at WOT and cruise speed! Right now the car has NO CAT, they want to do several changes with different muffler designs, and location! The goal is to have no drone sound in car at cruise speeds but also have the best flowing exhaust available. There going on week 4 of the design and I am getting anxious to get the car back so I can finish building other parts. I am not rushing them, because I want them to get it right and have the best available exhaust on the market! I look forward to meeting GM rep and seeing his thoughts on the project! Im talking the intercooler with me Friday to show them! id expect sometime this summer for Gm to come out with a stage kits for 2.0t models! I will try and get more pics of exhaust and sound clips while we are driving around, I will be monitoring the fuel trims from the backseat of my own car!! haha They might not want me to post any pics or vids at this time until there is a finished product but im hoping they wont mind a couple sneak pics!!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Ihuntv8 View Post
    id expect sometime this summer for Gm to come out with a stage kits for 2.0t models!
    That would be great. Why do you think its coming?
    exbagboy likes this.

100%_N1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, Luxury
    V8 Hunter--
    That's great! Looking forward to what you come up with and what Corsa comes out with. Keep us updated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.