2013 2.0T automatic stalling while driving - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 2.0T automatic stalling while driving in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Krism75 I hate this is happening to you too. The dealer has been working to get me ...
    small723 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 Premium

Re: 2013 2.0T automatic stalling while driving

Quote Originally Posted by Krism75 View Post
    I hate this is happening to you too. The dealer has been working to get me out of mine. They couldn't figure out what it was. They guessed that it could be the ECM, but since it wasn't throwing any errors, they couldn't guarantee that it would not leave me stranded again. The car was not safe. Mine would stutter sometimes without completely shutting off, but it did shut off several times. When it did die, it was at the worst possible times (blocking the entrance to a major shopping center for example...that one was fun). Good luck with yours!
    Good to hear the dealer is working with you. I took mine and they kept it overnight, found nothing wrong (surprising I know!). Something is definitely wrong but as it only happened to me once I'm still positive. I just hope it doesn't happen again. I'm sure in a few months we'll be seeing some recall bulletin out for a fix.

jae7373 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 Performance AWD

Quote Originally Posted by JLGT View Post
    Please file a complaint with the NHTSA https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/, guess this is not just a 6spd problem.
    Clearly there is a problem here. That said, as a person who had the manual stalling issue it important to note the issues are different. In the manual the engine shuts off completely, not just loosing power as bravnik describes. My guess is they might be related, both intended (ans some how justified) to protect major components from premature wear and stress. NHSTA is a good place to start.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I hate this is happening to you too. The dealer has been working to get me out of mine. They couldn't figure out what it was. They guessed that it could be the ECM, but since it wasn't throwing any errors, they couldn't guarantee that it would not leave me stranded again. The car was not safe. Mine would stutter sometimes without completely shutting off, but it did shut off several times. When it did die, it was at the worst possible times (blocking the entrance to a major shopping center for example...that one was fun). Good luck with yours!
    Hello Krism75,

I apologize that you have been experiencing this concern as well. Have you reached out to our Customer Care team so this could be documented in our database as well? If not, could you private message me with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that you have been working with? Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

sounddudeajk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have been experiencing this issue as well with a 2013 2.0t 6 speed. It has been intermittent when pulling up to a stop. But as of tonight i can now replicate the problem. If you are driving in 2nd or 3rd gear and get the revs above about 4k then shift into neutral, let off the clutch and as the rpms drop veryyyy gently press on the break pedal the rpms drop to 0. In mine the power steering and breaks still work at this point but the car isn't running. You have to put the clutch in and restart the car.
    This is a crazy problem. The dealership will be seeing the car tomorrow to see what's up. but it sounds like a much larger problem that gm needs to look into.

Krism75 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Krism75,

I apologize that you have been experiencing this concern as well. Have you reached out to our Customer Care team so this could be documented in our database as well? If not, could you private message me with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that you have been working with? Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Yes, I opened a case the first time it happened and they referred it to our dealer here. The dealer is getting me out of the car and now they're working on getting me into an SRX. We had it on video and it finally happened to one of the service guys, so that helped our case.

Yes, I opened a case the first time it happened and they referred it to our dealer here. The dealer is getting me out of the car and now they're working on getting me into an SRX. We had it on video and it finally happened to one of the service guys, so that helped our case.
    Hello Krism75,

Thank you for updating us on your situation. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. If you ever have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact us via private message. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by sounddudeajk View Post
    I have been experiencing this issue as well with a 2013 2.0t 6 speed. It has been intermittent when pulling up to a stop. But as of tonight i can now replicate the problem. If you are driving in 2nd or 3rd gear and get the revs above about 4k then shift into neutral, let off the clutch and as the rpms drop veryyyy gently press on the break pedal the rpms drop to 0. In mine the power steering and breaks still work at this point but the car isn't running. You have to put the clutch in and restart the car.
    This is a crazy problem. The dealership will be seeing the car tomorrow to see what's up. but it sounds like a much larger problem that gm needs to look into.
    Hi sounddudeajk,

I am sorry you have been experiencing this concern as well. If you would like to further discuss your situation or have our involvement while working with your dealership, please let us know. We are here to assist and can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Jayceejay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T RWD

Did a quick search and found this thread. Today in 5o'clock traffic, as I was coming to I suppose a rather abrupt stop, I noticed the car start sputtering and shaking really bad. Gave it some gas and everything was back to normal. It seemed like it wanted to stall. 2014 2.0 auto just under 8k.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayceejay View Post
    Did a quick search and found this thread. Today in 5o'clock traffic, as I was coming to I suppose a rather abrupt stop, I noticed the car start sputtering and shaking really bad. Gave it some gas and everything was back to normal. It seemed like it wanted to stall. 2014 2.0 auto just under 8k.
    Hi Jayceejay,

I can see why this issue would be concerning to you. Is it the first time it has happened to your ATS? Please send me a PM with your VIN and contact information if you would like to further discuss this. Have a great day.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ramiatherton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Im having the same issue with my 2013 ATS! My Girl Friend brought in the car for service and it died at the dealership... No codes! Stall outs on the freeway! Wont start! Not a safe option "Onstar was also registered to someone else on my supposedly new leased car... Fraud?" Good Luck with General Motors!
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Good morning, your CF account is activated. Please use the profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to show proper birth date, approximate location, car owned and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

drburns is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0 A6

Wow, this is weird. I just had the same thing happen to me today. The car was fine all day, then out of nowhere, the idle became very rough. Drives fine, but idles terribly. It even felt like it was going to stall when I pulled away from the light. No codes, no CEL. The car is a 2014 2.0 a6 with just over 6500 miles. Time to troubleshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by drburns View Post
    Wow, this is weird. I just had the same thing happen to me today. The car was fine all day, the out of nowhere, the idle became very rough. Drives fine, but idles terribly. It even felt like it was going to stall when I pulled away from the light. No codes, no CEL. The car is a 2.0 a6 with just over 6500 miles. Time to troubleshoot.
    Hi drburns,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this rough idle with your ATS. I see that you are looking to troubleshoot the problem, but I would like to offer my assistance should you decide to head to the dealership. If you ever want to discuss this option, please feel free to PM me.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ramiatherton View Post
    Im having the same issue with my 2013 ATS! My Girl Friend brought in the car for service and it died at the dealership... No codes! Stall outs on the freeway! Wont start! Not a safe option "Onstar was also registered to someone else on my supposedly new leased car... Fraud?" Good Luck with General Motors!
    Hello ramiatherton,

I deeply apologize that you have experienced stalling issues with your ATS. You mentioned that it stalled at the dealership, was the dealership able to address any of the issues at that time? If you would like to pm me, I would be happy to discuss this with you further.

Enjoy your night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

drburns is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0 A6

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi drburns,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this rough idle with your ATS. I see that you are looking to troubleshoot the problem, but I would like to offer my assistance should you decide to head to the dealership. If you ever want to discuss this option, please feel free to PM me.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    I appreciate your help. The car goes in to get checked out on Monday. We'll see what turns up.

Quote Originally Posted by drburns View Post
    I appreciate your help. The car goes in to get checked out on Monday. We'll see what turns up.
    Hi drburns,

We are always happy to assist our customers anyway that we can! Thanks for letting us know. Please keep us updated after your dealer visit on Monday. We can be reached via private message to further discuss your situation or additional questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

olaughkm09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Ive had the same exact problem my 2013 ATS 2.0 T has been in shop for a week and I'm driving a rental. First it kept stalling now stabiltrak went on it... DO NOT feel safe driving it and I cant believe with only a few thousand miles this is happening.....

tahawk69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0t awd premium

I have a 2013 2.0t auto and it definitely does the same thing. When i come to a stop the idle seems to drop low and causes a shake and a stumble that can be felt throughout the car, just like it wants to stall out. I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealership, they better not tell me that nothings wrong. It has to be a programming issue as the car has been doing this since I got it and now I have about 7,500 miles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.