2013 ATS Brake Light Question
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 ATS Brake Light Question in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, so aside from my question, I wanted to also give my formal greeting ...
    kniv3s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2013 ATS Brake Light Question

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, so aside from my question, I wanted to also give my formal greeting to y'all.

Anyway, I just had one question/concern about my 2013 ATS 2.0T. I was leaving work the other night, and while I was backing up, I noticed that the brake light timing seemed off between the two side tail lights and the trunk tail light. When I press on the brake initially, they all turn on at the same time, but when I take my foot off the pedal, I notice the light on the trunk seems to turn off slightly quicker than the other two side lights.

Is this normal? It's been driving me crazy ever since I noticed it, so any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Quote Originally Posted by kniv3s View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, so aside from my question, I wanted to also give my formal greeting to y'all.

Anyway, I just had one question/concern about my 2013 ATS 2.0T. I was leaving work the other night, and while I was backing up, I noticed that the brake light timing seemed off between the two side tail lights and the trunk tail light. When I press on the brake initially, they all turn on at the same time, but when I take my foot off the pedal, I notice the light on the trunk seems to turn off slightly quicker than the other two side lights.

Is this normal? It's been driving me crazy ever since I noticed it, so any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Welcome

I noticed this very same thing while driving behind another ats. I thought it was just in my head. But yeah I did notice it. Bothered me at first but I got over it since it's not necessarily a bad thing

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2013 ATS Brake Light Question

Welcome to the forum, kniv3s!

As donavo's seen this on another ATS, it sounds like a normal operating condition. One way to further verify this would be to visit your dealership and ask for them to demonstrate this on any ATSs they have on the lot. As I'm not technically trained and we prefer to have our technicians take a look at a vehicle when its owner has concerns, I can't really provide much further insight into this, I'm afraid.

We are here if you do want for us to check into anything warranty related or to work with you and your dealership to address any concerns on your vehicle.

Regards,
    Sarah (Assisting Greg and Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

I noticed this since day 1. Again, not a huge deal compared to other mechanical problems people have, but it was always something I liked on my CTS. All the LEDs brake lamps came on at the same time, and went off at the same time. GM always, in my opinion, used better electronics for the fade on fade out times of their brake lamps compared to other companies. This includes the regular bulb's used in most tail lamps. In this situation, if the delay was turning on and off, I could make a point about it, but only for turning off.. I don't know.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

They All do this, both of mine did it, and so does a buddies....just consider it part of the light show

kniv3s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Appreciate the response guys! Glad to know it's not just something faulty with mine (I've already had a couple of things go wrong with it since I took it home 6 months ago). Now I can begin to get over it properly, haha.

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

Quote Originally Posted by kniv3s View Post
    Appreciate the response guys! Glad to know it's not just something faulty with mine (I've already had a couple of things go wrong with it since I took it home 6 months ago). Now I can begin to get over it properly, haha.
    No prob! Trust me, I wish I knew if there was some little pesky resistor somewhere that I could change myself to make it perfect!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.