Rough idle like many of you on my 2013 ats 3.6l awd
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS Technical Discussion Forum Discussion, Rough idle like many of you on my 2013 ats 3.6l awd in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I also have a rough idle on my 2013 ATS performance 3.6 AWD. My dealer cannot recommend anything that would ...
    Trundle923 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 AWD PERFORMANCE

Rough idle like many of you on my 2013 ats 3.6l awd

I also have a rough idle on my 2013 ATS performance 3.6 AWD. My dealer cannot recommend anything that would correct this problem. Very frustrated that GM has'nt come up with some kind of fix for this problem. Also when I turn on my A/C I get a blast of mold odor that last for a minute or so. My dealer checked it out and saw nothing, they also sprayed some odorizer into the bottom vent but the problem still exists. I love the performance and handling of the ATS, but things like the problems I'm having create a bad reputation. Is anything being done about the rough idle issue? Laura M. from customer care, are you aware of anything in the pipeline?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rozay619 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 Honda Accord / bye bye ATS LEMON

Re: Rough idle like many of you on my 2013 ats 3.6l awd

Good luck, i've owned mine for almost a year now and it still stutters a little at a red light. The Loaner car i had was a 3.6 and it would shake at idle too...

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Rozay619 View Post
    Good luck, i've owned mine for almost a year now and it still stutters a little at a red light. The Loaner car i had was a 3.6 and it would shake at idle too...
    knock on wood my 3.6 has no issues after 5k. I run on 93 top tier fuel due to the engine's compression ratio but initially ran it on 87 with no issues. Must be a hit or miss issue, sorry you are experiencing it.

General Lee 01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T, MT, RWD, BNR TUNE, WHITE DIAMOND
    I have a 2.0T, so not sure if my fixes are the same for the 3.6. Fix for the musty odor from HVAC is GM Bulletin 99-01-39-004D. Dealer should know this. Last time I was there for oil change they also did an ECM software update for rough idle 9100113, and hvac reprogram 9100082.

sebounet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD performance

Did you try higher octane gas ?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Trundle923 View Post
    I also have a rough idle on my 2013 ATS performance 3.6 AWD. My dealer cannot recommend anything that would correct this problem. Very frustrated that GM has'nt come up with some kind of fix for this problem. Also when I turn on my A/C I get a blast of mold odor that last for a minute or so. My dealer checked it out and saw nothing, they also sprayed some odorizer into the bottom vent but the problem still exists. I love the performance and handling of the ATS, but things like the problems I'm having create a bad reputation. Is anything being done about the rough idle issue? Laura M. from customer care, are you aware of anything in the pipeline?
    Thanks
    Hello Trundle923,

I understand you are frustrated with an ongoing rough idle concern and a moldy odor when using your air conditioning unit. Please send me a private message or email to socialmedia@gm.com. Include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 ATS4 3.6

All the way up to 7k miles mine would have a rough idle. After that it all stopped. I have the 3.6 also and it pissed me off.A couple months ago I got in and it just stopped out of the blue. It might have something to do with me putting Marvel mystery oil in the gas a couple times. Might not be. It's gone now anyway. I put that in all my cars every couple months. My BMW it worked wonders. An old man at the boat launch told me about it as my boat motor was acting up. He had some and put some in my tank. Cleaned it right out after 10 minutes. Boat never ran better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trundle923 View Post
    Thanks

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by duneless View Post
    All the way up to 7k miles mine would have a rough idle. After that it all stopped. I have the 3.6 also and it pissed me off.A couple months ago I got in and it just stopped out of the blue. It might have something to do with me putting Marvel mystery oil in the gas a couple times. Might not be. It's gone now anyway. I put that in all my cars every couple months. My BMW it worked wonders. An old man at the boat launch told me about it as my boat motor was acting up. He had some and put some in my tank. Cleaned it right out after 10 minutes. Boat never ran better.

Dune, so what does the Marvel do? Years ago I remember someone telling me it had the lubricating properties of using leaded fuel back in the day. How much and how often do you use it and does anyone else on the forum have any MMO experiences?

Well it has some magical sh#t in it. Like piksy dust or something. It lubricates, cleans out fuel systems, I even put it in my oil in my jeep. I put it in all gas for my zero turn mower,chainsaws,my boat engine. When my boat wouldnt get to full power due to build up and stuff. I put it in the tank and gray smoke came out and boat motor ran better than ever. I put about acup full in a full or less in a tank of gas in a car. If you don't trust it try it in a small motor that has seen its day. You will be very surprised. Just don't get nervouse about the gray smoke. Its burning crap out of the system. And yeah its been around for close to a 100 years I was told. Never reseached it. Proof was shown to me by an 80 year old man. I tried to give him money but he wouldn't take it. He was still there when I got back to the boat launch. He saved me slot of money. I didn't even tell him how it worked out. He just said I told you. QUOTE=GJB;11487985]Dune, so what does the Marvel do? Years ago I remember someone telling me it had the lubricating properties of using leaded fuel back in the day. How much and how often do you use it and does anyone else on the forum have any MMO experiences?[/QUOTE]

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What would the smoke do to a Cadillac's catalytic converter? Now there is some fun alliteration on "c" for this morning. However, I am really serious about the question.

By the way, my 2014 does not vibrate like some of the 2013s I have read about on here. I am just curious for far down the road...

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

If you are ever near Tampa/Sarasota FL stop in and we will fix it for you.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Let me correct my self. In a boat motor,lawn mower and engines like that there is more smoke. In a car not so much. You will smell something sweet though. This is what I have used in all my cars even a temperamental 745li that liked nothing. It ran funny for a little while but after the tank was done or I refilled before it was done it was very happy. If you don't trust it try it in an old car. A winter beater or something. You will see what I mean. Restores power,better fuel. If you decide to put in a whole bottle than yes it will smoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaGirl View Post
    What would the smoke do to a Cadillac's catalytic converter? Now there is some fun alliteration on "c" for this morning. However, I am really serious about the question.

By the way, my 2014 does not vibrate like some of the 2013s I have read about on here. I am just curious for far down the road...

----------

I'm happy yours doesn't shake at all. I drove a loaner last week when they replaced my windshield. It was a 14 and did shake at a stop sometimes. But mine doesn't anymore. Maybe as the engine got older it stopped
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaGirl View Post

PBGelber is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6 AWD Prem

What is the fix??

ikireland is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD
    haven't read entire thread but there is a bulletin out from GM regarding this concern and has released calibration updates to correct

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    knock on wood my 3.6 has no issues after 5k. I run on 93 top tier fuel due to the engine's compression ratio but initially ran it on 87 with no issues. Must be a hit or miss issue, sorry you are experiencing it.
    So you have modded your engine in some way to cause you to deviate from the manufacturer's, as well as the majority of the automotive community's, recommended gasoline?

I wish that some of these topics had been covered before. It sure would make these discussions easier. If only there was a search feature or something.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.